Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I have read Tec and I don't agree with you. So, let's agree to disagree since this discussion will never end.

You don't say, but this wouldn't make it less bad for trusting someone else and not his own teammates.
    We`re supposed to feel a level of discomfort to Bizarro`s actions, that`s the main selling point of the arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    This was a marked improvement over last issue, the callbacks to the N52 are a delight as always, Soy and Gandini keep owning the art of the book like the bosses they are, and yet, this only highlights how superfluous the entire crossovers are.

To get the Outlaws into the artic and deal with Harvest's souvenirs there was zero need to get the Detective and the SS involved. And other than some neat scenarios, they don't really added anything substantial to the story. Considering how Lobdell has handled guest appearances in the past, this makes clear it was something pushed onto him.
    It`s weird thought.

They hardly promote it but the book has sure gotten its share of crossover characters. You would think editorial is aware of the fanbase and following online if Loedbell isn`t the one requesting them because marketing department pulling crossovers to spike some numbers from other popular books is only a momentarily maneuver.

They can`t be that lazy or satisfied, can they? Wait, don`t answer that.

I just really really want to praise Soy and Gandini for this. There is no other panel giving such a perfect snapshot of this arc and now that we've seen Jason try to call out Bizarro on keeping his knowledge about Harvest away, I think this about means he's not blind the way we were afraid he was going to be even if he is still putting his trust out there.

Also don't know if this was intentional or not but the shadows on Bizarro's face combined with the fact his crest is covered and the panel cuts off the signature "Superman hair curls" really makes his appearance mirror Luthor.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    It`s weird thought.

They hardly promote it but the book has sure gotten its share of crossover characters. You would think editorial is aware of the fanbase and following online if Loedbell isn`t the one requesting them because marketing department pulling crossovers to spike some numbers from other popular books is only a momentarily maneuver.

They can`t be that lazy or satisfied, can they? Wait, don`t answer that.
    I'd argue the crossovers aren't meant to raise sales numbers for RHATO but to use RHATO as an exhibitor of sorts and get some free advertisement for the other books.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post

I just really really want to praise Soy and Gandini for this. There is no other panel giving such a perfect snapshot of this arc and now that we've seen Jason try to call out Bizarro on keeping his knowledge about Harvest away, I think this about means he's not blind the way we were afraid he was going to be even if he is still putting his trust out there.

Also don't know if this was intentional or not but the shadows on Bizarro's face combined with the fact his crest is covered and the panel cuts off the signature "Superman hair curls" really makes his appearance mirror Luthor.
    You read that scene wrong. He is not calling out Bizarro on keeping the knowledge of Harvest hidden. He's calling out Waller on it.

I'd argue the crossovers aren't meant to raise sales numbers for RHATO but to use RHATO as an exhibitor of sorts and get some free advertisement for the other books.

You read that scene wrong. He is not calling out Bizarro on keeping the knowledge of Harvest hidden. He's calling out Waller on it.
    Whoops my bad then. He questions why Bizarro is trying for this immediately the next page at least.

Another great issue. Loving this super intelligent Bizzaro

BANNED

See, if that`s the case they are aware of the fanbase and quality of the book if they use it as a platform and yet they hardly promote it!

Bananas.

There`s a simbolic dip in there as he asks if they trust him despite Waller being the one who is called out in the exchange. He does look like Luthor in the shadows.

This issue is also the first one where Jason seems a bit reticent regarding what Bizarro is up to.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason is confused as to why they have to take the detour to the Artic with the SS instead of escaping Belle Reve and going back to their own business, He is not against following Bizarro's actions.

Jason was more questioning of Roy's actions.

Jason overcoming his interrogators was too much between panels to fully appreciate and his readily continuing to blindly trust the integrity of the transformed Bizarro seems unwise for him. Otherwise, I compliment this chapter. The art added a particular exciting dynamic to a clash we knew would be a stalemate anyways. The snow ouside the door caught me offguard - I'll hafta go recheck if I missed an issue..

Spectacular Member

Great issue!

Don't want to repeat what have been commented on here, so I only post some of my own minor complaints here...

1. Artemis was having a session with Harley when she was restricted by, ropes, ...seriously? They have no idea about Amazon's power? As a human, Jason got locked with chains in the room full of guards.

2. After the session, I was like: where is Deadshot? I was expecting a fight of Red Hood vs Deadshot when Jason was on the way to search Artemis and Bizarro, and Deadshot came out to stop him. I didn't expect it to be a very decent fight, but some gunshot perhaps, or at least a rough encounter... No, not even a verbal conflict. And in the end, they just met, and both teams looked so civil.

(Maybe Waller had been convinced by Bizarro and thought it's unnecessary to send out Deadshot to handle them.)

3. Jason mentioned that he had sessions with Harley several issues ago. I thought they really got something to say this time. But neither of them even said anything to each other about it.

***4. Jason's leather jacket: I remember there was a big hole on it last time. But either Batwoman (and her team) or Amanda Waller was kind enough to prepare a brand new one for him to wear. Or maybe it has magic to heal itself.

So I'm expecting what can be further developed in point 2 & 3 in next issue. Hope to see more tough ('savage') actions and interactions when both team work together.

BANNED

They`re saving Red Hood and Deadshot for later, you can just smell it. He shows up right at the end so readers wouldn`t think he wouldn`t be part of this. I wonder if his interactions with Jason will be similar with Blake who had similar ethics to the line of work but without the sexual friction.

Artemis and ropes: I though that was Loedbell making a visual cue about Marton`s Amazons (Oh myy) and can easily be explained by Harley being a cuco. Talking about Harley, I really want those sessions slip to be touched upon because Soy was the artist of Genesis where Harley tortured Jason in Arkham. Draw the parallel and bring some of that verse sensabilites here!