Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

This was GREAT. Perfect interactions between the Outlaws and the Suicide Squad while creating references to the history between Jason and Killer Croc as well as, well, N.O.W.H.E.R.E. from Lobdell's Teen Titans (eh, not all of them can be good).

Soy's artwork is getting even better, I really loved every scene here.

BANNED

There really is a chance Kate wasnt on the know about the Outlaws hard to believe as it is. This wouldnt be weird if Jason wasnt used in crossovers as often as he does. He was just with Kate on Metal and Tec.

RATHO is clearly mostly its own project which shouldnt still be the case with Rebirth and editorial mixups.

I liked the issue. I'm not all that interested in the Suicide Squad, but Harley didn't bother me here, and I love the way she was drawn. And nice callback with Killer Croc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    There really is a chance Kate wasnt on the know about the Outlaws hard to believe as it is. This wouldnt be weird if Jason wasnt used in crossovers as often as he does. He was just with Kate on Metal and Tec.
    If she somehow doesn't know, it still makes no sense for her to send them to Waller.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

It`s interesting because Soy was the artist on Genesis and he depicted him being tortured by Harley. So, either that or he`s talking about how she`s annoying to the bone, which she is.
    I honestly thought he meant the latter.

BANNED

That`s where superpowered criminals go if they ain`t cray crazy

True enough Kate`s reveal as the plot twist is likely just around the corner. So far the only two who really aren`t in the know that we can tell are Artemis and Jason because the emotional drama towards Bizarro`s character is what the arc is about.

"Mom, dad....I really did took the car"

BANNED

@at G

Is hard to tell, he`s almost always on sass mode and he already roasted Damian this week.

@at G

Is hard to tell, he`s almost always on sass mode and he already roasted Damian this week.
    I imagine he was having flashbacks to the therapy sessions with Harley rather than torture sessions since it's also a callback on what he said about her in the first few issues. But anyway, what did he to do to Damian? I haven't been reading anything else this week.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I imagine he was having flashbacks to the therapy sessions with Harley rather than torture sessions since it's also a callback on what he said about her in the first few issues. But anyway, what did he to do to Damian? I haven't been reading anything else this week.
    He roasted him in Tec in one small panel by calling him a baby still. It was the best part of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Bold: This is a Lobdell book, it's the only place you will find it... no one else is going to touch it
    I have a bad news for you then since Priest has been referring N52 TT in his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    If she somehow doesn't know, it still makes no sense for her to send them to Waller.
    Why? The Outlaws are dangerous and she might have felt that only Waller would be able to hold them up. I don't think at all that this something she would never even consider it.

Bizarro could have told her about his plan or not. Tho, this would only make him look really bad for telling her of all people, but keeping his own teammates in the dark.

BANNED

Pretty clear he`s holding intel from the other two at this point, most likely to not have them worry about him.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

This was a marked improvement over last issue, the callbacks to the N52 are a delight as always, Soy and Gandini keep owning the art of the book like the bosses they are, and yet, this only highlights how superfluous the entire crossovers are.

To get the Outlaws into the artic and deal with Harvest's souvenirs there was zero need to get the Detective and the SS involved. And other than some neat scenarios, they don't really added anything substantial to the story. Considering how Lobdell has handled guest appearances in the past, this makes clear it was something pushed onto him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Why? The Outlaws are dangerous and she might have felt that only Waller would hold them up. I don't think at all that this something she would never even consider it.
    Because she knows Jason's an ally and deserves the benefit of the doubt rather than jumping to something that severe (regardless of whether she actually likes him or not). Because she doesn't have a lot of trust in shadowy government organizations like Task Force X. Because making that kind of major move goes against her characterization in Detective.

It's wrong unless there's something else going on.

Bizarro could have told her about his plan or not. Tho, this would only make him look really bad for telling her of all people, but keeping his own teammates in the dark.
    That could just be a case of "we need this to look believable".
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-08-2017 at 02:48 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I have read Tec and I don't agree with you. So, let's agree to disagree since this discussion will never end.

Pretty clear he`s holding intel from the other two at this point, most likely to not have them worry about him.
    You don't say, but this wouldn't make it less bad for trusting someone else and not his own teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I have read Tec and I don't agree with you. So, let's agree to disagree since this discussion will never end.
    What are you disagreeing with? She says in the very first issue that she and Batman can't keep each other in the dark about things, or the whole enterprise will fall apart. And so far, she's held to that.