Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    (he honestly makes the book worse IMO),
    Glad to know someone else thinks this. He's the only member of the team I'd say Tynion writes flat-out poorly, nothing interesting there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Glad to know someone else thinks this. He's the only member of the team I'd say Tynion writes flat-out poorly, nothing interesting there at all.
    Its funny, Tim is my all time favorite comic character, and I will be forever grateful to Tynion for championing him and bringing him back and doing the leg work of dealing with his history and the N52 fallout.

But dear god do I want him out of 'Tec, and for someone else to write his eventual/hopeful solo book.

I think that he gets Tim in a conceptual level at the very least, but his fanboyism, migth be overcoming some of his creator impulses, wich led him to look pretty bland in comparison with the others.

Extraordinary Member

I'd hire a dump truck of money to park in front of Marcus To and Fabian Nicieza, and give them a continuation of Red Robin.

I, like others, expect him to remain in TEC, with a possible chance for a Young Justice spin-off.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

So What's Next for Tim Drake: an appearance on Dr. Phil?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that he gets Tim in a conceptual level at the very least, but his fanboyism, migth be overcoming some of his creator impulses, wich led him to look pretty bland in comparison with the others.
    Pretty much yeah, its why Geoff Johns quickly wore out his welcome for me as a Hal jordan writer.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I see him staying on Tec for a while at least till the dust of Rebirth, Doomsday Clock settles everyone who's coming back is back then DC can decides who gets what and where to put returned and new characters. His chances of a solo might be hampered by all the Dark Matters titles due to launch and the new titles coming after Metal.

I would say a YJ title but knowing DC and how they operate I wont be surprised if we end up with YJ with the younger generation instead of the generation starring on the actual show.
    DC learn to sync up.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-03-2017 at 08:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So What's Next for Tim Drake: an appearance on Dr. Phil?
    Whatever it is, DC will make it glorious for Editorial Favorite Tim Dreck.

I imagine he is stuck in Tec for a while. Which is unfortunate because Tynion doesn't write him very well and he seems to pull the most focus in the series. While Tim's return was critically well received it doesn't seem to have affected the in comic universe that much. Early days,I know, but I don't hold out much hope. The best thing that could happen to Tim is a solo written by anyone other than Tynion or Lobdell. I don't doubt Tynion loves the character but he writes Tim as bland and unlikable.

Like others have said, I pretty much expect Tim to remain in 'Tec until the Rebirth fiasco is settled, then depending on where things stand we might see him switch over to a new Young Justice title.

I dont think a solo is in his foreseeable future, and Tynion will likely hold onto the character until DC pries Tim out of his hands by force.

Also like others, I appreciate what Tynion has done in fixing Tim up from the New52 mess, but he's not quite hitting the mark with the character. He's sort of "Batgod-ing" Tim and by doing that, by writing Tim as this ultra-competent uber-genius, he's taking away the sense of struggle that made Tim work in the first place. But I will take Tynion's Tim over the New52 version any day every day all day, and I am truly thankful that he's got Tim (more or less) straightened out. Tynion just needs to reign in his fanboy a lot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    My ideal would be a solo title + a team book.
    Same here. I want him to stay on the 'Tec team, with Spoiler coming back on when she learns Tim is back. But I also want a solo book with Tim too.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't need a fanboy doing Tim Drake-we have two messed up franchises still dealing with that-Flahs (mainly Wally) & Green Lantern (Forcing folks to love Hal, Jessica & Simon at the expense of others).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Like others have said, I pretty much expect Tim to remain in 'Tec until the Rebirth fiasco is settled, then depending on where things stand we might see him switch over to a new Young Justice title.

I dont think a solo is in his foreseeable future, and Tynion will likely hold onto the character until DC pries Tim out of his hands by force.

Also like others, I appreciate what Tynion has done in fixing Tim up from the New52 mess, but he's not quite hitting the mark with the character. He's sort of "Batgod-ing" Tim and by doing that, by writing Tim as this ultra-competent uber-genius, he's taking away the sense of struggle that made Tim work in the first place. But I will take Tynion's Tim over the New52 version any day every day all day, and I am truly thankful that he's got Tim (more or less) straightened out. Tynion just needs to reign in his fanboy a lot.
    What else can you expect from a Super-Fanboy allowed to write his ultimate fav than to make Tim-God out of him?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    What else can you expect from a Super-Fanboy allowed to write his ultimate fav than to make Tim-God out of him?
    I suppose it was inevitable. I dont know what exactly about Tim Tynion is such a huge fan of, or what caught his interest in the first place, but I always find it interesting when a writer who loves a character ends up missing the mark. Like, Tynion dude, you're a huge fan of Tim......why have you taken the more "mundane" aspects of his struggle out of his narrative? I think Tim being a little more down to earth than the other Robins is what made a lot of people gravitate to him; that Peter Parker-esque vibe where Tim had to work harder and struggle more because he wasn't some super-gifted natural hero. How'd Tynion miss including that?

Again, many thanks and props to the guy for fixing Tim up as much as he has. I just find the....blind-spot.....interesting. And I suppose if I were given the reigns on Superman, my favorite character, I'd probably make similar mistakes too, so Im not judging the guy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

God I want Tim out of tec so hard. Not only is Tynion writing him poorly, he's shitting on other characters who he doesn't care for in the process of Tim-godding him. No one else in the TEAM book gets to shine once he gets started with the propping.

And I hope bat writers as a whole stops pushing all these nostalgia ships that ran their course ages ago pre-flashpoint and got over each other. With all their decades of history and bonding non-existent in rebirth. Without the context of old universe, most batfam romances rn are kinda suplex holded by the red string. TimSteph ranks pretty high up there with most of Bruce and Dick ships. Rebirth is really beating the dead cupid horse. And it's always in detriment of their female halves who are pretty cool characters in their own right when not reduced to love interest plot devices. But I guess now that they reestablished TimSteph, out of nowhere as it was, it'll probably stick around for a while. So shrug. Breaking up them abruptly would be just as weird as randomly throwing them into a relationship.

For Tim specifically, I think it's high time he got his own solo again. IDK what the context would be but I'm totally up for another globe-trotting adventure. And maybe he can socialize and rebuild his non-bat friend circle again. Or chase the whole Kon mystery? More training? Or maybe seeing what a control maniac his future self was, he can go in a completely different direction and try to let go of all the plots and mission focus and go on a trip-trip with nothing more than a backpack and gajillion electronic devices(hey, baby steps) No plans. No direction. Just where the wind takes him. Maybe steal one of Two-Face's coins for the crossroads. He'd be defying his own nature so we might get some fresh character development. Positive or negative.

Steph can go with him or not. If this was pre-reboot Steph I would've said she'd never let go of Gotham and the hero game but tec Steph is not the same Stephanie MOTHERFUCKING Brown. So idk. I hardly recognize her these days. Cass had her own revelations in the last year so maybe she can use some self discovery as much as Tim can use a travelling companion. And again, use the opportunity to remap the other young heroes of the DC universe and rebuild Tim's social life.

A more selfish part of me wishes he would take Teen Titan's out of Damian's hands so Damian can go hang out with his real friends instead of his brothers' toxic hand me downs(with the questionable exceptions of Raven and Aqualad) But I don't feel like that's what TIM needs right now? At least not these specific Titans.

tl;dr Give Timmy a global road trip solo with a mix of new/old friends, unplanned adventures, espionage and YJ4 mysteries. With a snazzy custom bike weaponized to tooth maybe because Tim can totally pull one of those? Flying* custom bike and retro sunglasses.