Default Are DC gearing up towards another Gotham City Sirens series?

First of all, I am not saying any of this is certain just that the stage seems set.

A first point of interest which brought my attention to this was the batgirl book. Arc one ended with a posion ivy one shot. Arc two was followed by Catwoman and arc three by Harley. Could be coincidental, could be a nod, but I thought about Gotham City Sirens a bit more...

Another obvious hint was of course BatBop, which introduced Selina and Pamela as recurring characters and this arc has Harley. There seems to be no apparent direction for this, just adding to the confusion, albeit this may just be due to the Benson sisters' writing. Either way, the Sirens are being seen together a lot now, especially since Ivy is a recurring character in Harley. This leads on to my next point which Harley is at the centre of. Just prior to rebirth Harley quinn was maintaining multiple series, including three miniseries with power girl,her gang of harleys and the black book time. As well as her monthly and SS. Excluding SS, Now Harley just has her solo title, albeit double shipping. Especially due to the high sales of Harley issues, especially those such as the 25th anniversary issue, she could easily maintain another book. A siren's book would also pander to more classic harley fans, who dislike the tone of her solo series.

Selina could easily be helped by a book of some sort, due to the developments over in batman. Now more than ever, the siren's are in a more morally righteous zone, all falling under chaotic or plain neutral or good. Ivy could also be helped by a sirens book.

The original sirens series only lasted a few years, yet was especially popular, seeming to be a popular and recurring theme even once it was cancelled. Even a movie is heavily implied and rumoured, which is strange for such a small part of Dc's mythos. It was popular back then, but seems like it would be even more popular and sell even better now.

Again, nothing definitive, just seems like an obvious move DC should take.

If DC did relaunch it, what direction would everyone like it to go and who should be on board?
    My first thoughts go to artists. With his minor return to DC March (illustrator of the original series) could easily come back as I know he has done so AC recently and is on covers for 'tec.
    It is very unlikely, but a sirens book drawn by Sejic would be mind-blowing. This is highly unlikely due to his indie stuff, but a few occasional issues maybe?

Writer wise, I think it would be smart to go for someone from that era of comics, instead of an new or recent face.I don't massively mind or have a large opinion but Few examples from that era include.
    Christopher Yost
    Derek Fridolfs with Dustin Nguyen would work well. (see Lil Gotham sirens issue)
    Fabien Nicieza
    Bryan Q Miller (where did you go post Steph(I know Smallville))
    Paul Dini could come back
    etc.
    Thoughts?

EDIT: Also Artgerm covers or variant covers
    Last edited by Red obin; 11-12-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

I feel like a relaunch of that title is inevitable at this point, especially if the movie does become a thing like it seems to be (last I heard, production was still moving) and obviously we still see Selina, Ivy, and Harley associated with each other quite a bit in the comics or nods to the Sirens in other media (in Injustice II, Gotham, and even Arrow).

Although frankly a Sirens book now would feel kind of weird since all three ladies have almost gone completely straight at this point, so you have to wonder what a book revolving around all three of them would be like now. Their criminality and issues with the law was part of what separated their book from something like, say, the Birds of Prey, and now Ivy and Catwoman are Birds, Catwoman might actually marry Batman, and Harley is the bloody leader of the Suicide Squad .

I'm not sure if they could get away with an artist as cheesecake-y as March was on that title today, except if it was Sejic, but I would definitely want someone not in the vein of the artists on Birds of Prey right now. I guess whatever artist they get would probably be dependent on what tone or style the writer wants for the book.

Writing-wise...I don't know. It would need to be somebody who's able to write all three of them well and in-character, and in a trio dynamic, and I can probably count on one hand the number of writers who can pull that off.

BANNED

Really hoping this doesn't happen and right now, I don't think it will. Last I head the Sirens movie had been canned and replaced with the Joker and Harley movie (And even then, it'll be several years before we see anything from this) and I don't think the wedding is a big deal in this case. I'm not entirely sure DC cares too much aside from the publicity the engagement got. Have any books outside of King's even brought it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Really hoping this doesn't happen and right now, I don't think it will. Last I head the Sirens movie had been canned and replaced with the Joker and Harley movie (And even then, it'll be several years before we see anything from this) and I don't think the wedding is a big deal in this case. I'm not entirely sure DC cares too much aside from the publicity the engagement got. Have any books outside of King's even brought it up?
    I think that's been debunked.

And Birds of Prey has referenced the engagement, and I think an upcoming Super Sons issue is going to address it as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's been debunked.
    Oh, alright. Even still, not gonna be made for years with several projects ahead of it on the slate.

And Birds of Prey has referenced the engagement,
    Did it? Because the Manslaughter arc has seemingly been written as if the Bensons had zero idea it was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Oh, alright. Even still, not gonna be made for years with several projects ahead of it on the slate.
    Still, it's something I can see DC reviving ahead of the eventual movie at some point.

So far it seems like they're just waiting on casting for the other Sirens.

Did it? Because the Manslaughter arc has seemingly been written as if the Bensons had zero idea it was happening.
    The arc prior to that one referenced it in Selina's interactions with the Birds and in Bruce's conversation with Barbara prior to that.

I'd gladly axe half of the Batbooks for a (decent) Sirens relaunch. Specially if Dini is on board.

I felt Sirens was a huge disservice to Selina. She always felt like a third wheel in that team up.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'd gladly axe half of the Batbooks for a (decent) Sirens relaunch. Specially if Dini is on board.
    I wouldn't axe anything but I'd also like to have a decent relaunch for the book .

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    I felt Sirens was a huge disservice to Selina. She always felt like a third wheel in that team up.
    To me she felt like the den mother Ivy and Harley needed to rein them in, especially since she was the most reformed of the trio by that point and on relatively good terms with the Batfamily.

Here is my money. Give me Gotham City Sirens.

Amazing Member

Partially batgirl/birds is using a plot made up by Paul Dini and a lady whose name I always forget in a web toon called Gotham City Girls after the animated series, it's the same plot really but again. The web toon was about Harley, Ivy and Selina and sometimes Batgirl.

I'd want another Gotham City Sirens if Dini wrote it, in other way I don't want to know anything more about the matter. The second vol of Gotham Sirens without Dini was strange and I don't want more low quality comics wasting the characters.

I'd like her to see Bendis's take on the Sirens, though my first choice is still Gail Simone, as she has shown a lot of interest on social media. Ed Brubaker is also another preferred choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'd like her to see Bendis's take on the Sirens, though my first choice is still Gail Simone, as she has shown a lot of interest on social media. Ed Brubaker is also another preferred choice.
    Bendis on Sirens...that would be something .

Brubaker knows how to write Selina, and I could see him writing Ivy, but Harley would be interesting...

Bendis on Sirens...that would be something .

Brubaker knows how to write Selina, and I could see him writing Ivy, but Harley would be interesting...
    I think Brubaker's Harley could be the meaner, pricklier take like Margot Robbie's or in the recent animated film. The dynamics would be interesting.

Kathryn Immonen is the fourth writer I'd love to have write the Sirens. What is she up to nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Kathryn Immonen is the fourth writer I'd love to have write the Sirens. What is she up to nowadays?
    Probably creator-owned work, I imagine.