Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think Bendis is VASTLY overrated. He's not even in the same orbit as Morrison or maybe even Snyder. Here are the things I would do if I didn't hate Tim Dreck so bad and wanted him dead:

(1) I'd bring his parents back into the picture--maybe even give him new siblings. Imagine him calling the 'Cave to tell 'em he can't go on patrol because he's stuck taking care of the Drake's new baby.
    (2) As an extension of (1), I'd give him a life outside the Bat-Clan that he works to maintain. Tim himself said several years ago that he didn't want to be Robin forever. Then he should question whether Batting around is something he wants to do.
    (3) For Heavens' sake, pull BACK on the Reed Richards/Tony Stark Super-Genius crap. He can be related to as a computer nerd, even a talented hacker--but this Intellectual Omega-Caste genuflection and making everyone else around him look like idiots is alienating a lot of people (like me) from him.
    (4) Being an "Olympic-Level Gymnast" takes a LOT of training. Even Dick Grayson is probably not an "Olympic-Level" gymnast. To just SAY that Tim is this great gymnastic wonder without SHOWING his struggles to get there is very off-putting. It's like the Greek myth of Zeus getting hit in the head with a hammer or something and then Athena springs forth from his forehead, full-grown and all-wise.
    (5) He should have a place besides just "The Only Smart Kid". I have a big problem with Dick and Jason (and even Bruce) suddenly turning into complete imbeciles whenever he's around.
    (6) The writer just saying something to the effect of: "Tim is the true heir of Bruce Wayne." The big rule of writing is "Show--Don't Tell" and some fanboy writer telling me that does not show me why Tim deserves that place more Damian Wayne, the biological son.

And this is just the tip of iceberg for all the fixes Tim needs. I could come up with a LOT more.
    A lot of it all boils down to DC's LAZINESS in dealing with Tim. They want to shove all these characters into pre-selected slots and roles: Dick is the athletic one. Jason is the homicidal one. Tim is the smart one. Damian is the one with the bad attitude. Duke is the black one. Babs/Steph/Cass/Harper are the girl ones. We're getting nothing beyond round pegs in round holes and square pegs in square holes. Lazy.
    I love all these points Imagine Tim with a sibling that would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I love all these points Imagine Tim with a sibling that would be fun.
    Actually, I think Damian suddenly finding out he has a baby sister would be even more amusing!

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, I think Damian suddenly finding out he has a baby sister would be even more amusing!
    Right.
    We were talking about over on the what to do with Damian thread and while I hate the idea of Bruce marrying I love the idea of Damian having a younger sibling. He loves cuddly defenceless animals [that's basically exactly the same as kids right] so I wager he would be one over protective big brother.

I liked Damian and Helena back in the day though I doubt DC would give us a Batbaby

Right.
    We were talking about over on the what to do with Damian thread and while I hate the idea of Bruce marrying I love the idea of Damian having a younger sibling. He loves cuddly defenceless animals [that's basically exactly the same as kids right] so I wager he would be one over protective big brother.

I liked Damian and Helena back in the day though I doubt DC would give us a Batbaby
    Who said any younger sibling for Damian has to have Bruce as the daddy?

BANNED

Right.

What would Damian want with a baby sister when he's got Bat-Cow?

Who said any younger sibling for Damian has to have Bruce as the daddy?
    who's the daddy then Grayson because I think Damian would be very jealous of that particular baby

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    who's the daddy then Grayson because I think Damian would be very jealous of that particular baby
    Even if it was another of Talia's kids but with an unknown/nobody as the father/sperm donor?

Extraordinary Member

Right.

they wont let bruce past 40 so no bat baby poor alfred

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    they wont let bruce past 40 so no bat baby poor alfred
    I thought Bruce was the eternal 29.

He's gonna be younger than Dick at this rate

Even if it was another of Talia's kids but with an unknown/nobody as the father/sperm donor?
    Never thought about that. Considering the nightmare childhood he had I would think Damian would try to save the kid from Talia. I know he likes to adopt animals but can a 13yr old forcibly adopt/kidnap and keep a young human child?

I think they've quietly increased his age (along with Superman's) into the 30's, arguably the early 40's perhaps, depending on how the timeline unfolds once Rebirth is over.

But in any case, its vague enough I think you can say Bruce is anywhere from 29 to 45 without anything outright contradicting it.

Is Damien still stuck with that "accelerated aging" thing they tried to pull in the New52? That'd have a big impact on how old Bruce is......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I always thought he was 35. Dick is 25, Jason 22, Tim 19, and Damian 13 (I think that is what they have him at now).

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think they've quietly increased his age (along with Superman's) into the 30's, arguably the early 40's perhaps, depending on how the timeline unfolds once Rebirth is over.

But in any case, its vague enough I think you can say Bruce is anywhere from 29 to 45 without anything outright contradicting it.

Is Damien still stuck with that "accelerated aging" thing they tried to pull in the New52? That'd have a big impact on how old Bruce is......
    I'm not even sure because the timeline is still fuzzy no one's outright touched it

I think Bendis is VASTLY overrated. He's not even in the same orbit as Morrison or maybe even Snyder. Here are the things I would do if I didn't hate Tim Dreck so bad and wanted him dead:

(1) I'd bring his parents back into the picture--maybe even give him new siblings. Imagine him calling the 'Cave to tell 'em he can't go on patrol because he's stuck taking care of the Drake's new baby.
    (2) As an extension of (1), I'd give him a life outside the Bat-Clan that he works to maintain. Tim himself said several years ago that he didn't want to be Robin forever. Then he should question whether Batting around is something he wants to do.
    (3) For Heavens' sake, pull BACK on the Reed Richards/Tony Stark Super-Genius crap. He can be related to as a computer nerd, even a talented hacker--but this Intellectual Omega-Caste genuflection and making everyone else around him look like idiots is alienating a lot of people (like me) from him.
    (4) Being an "Olympic-Level Gymnast" takes a LOT of training. Even Dick Grayson is probably not an "Olympic-Level" gymnast. To just SAY that Tim is this great gymnastic wonder without SHOWING his struggles to get there is very off-putting. It's like the Greek myth of Zeus getting hit in the head with a hammer or something and then Athena springs forth from his forehead, full-grown and all-wise.
    (5) He should have a place besides just "The Only Smart Kid". I have a big problem with Dick and Jason (and even Bruce) suddenly turning into complete imbeciles whenever he's around.
    (6) The writer just saying something to the effect of: "Tim is the true heir of Bruce Wayne." The big rule of writing is "Show--Don't Tell" and some fanboy writer telling me that does not show me why Tim deserves that place more Damian Wayne, the biological son.

And this is just the tip of iceberg for all the fixes Tim needs. I could come up with a LOT more.
    A lot of it all boils down to DC's LAZINESS in dealing with Tim. They want to shove all these characters into pre-selected slots and roles: Dick is the athletic one. Jason is the homicidal one. Tim is the smart one. Damian is the one with the bad attitude. Duke is the black one. Babs/Steph/Cass/Harper are the girl ones. We're getting nothing beyond round pegs in round holes and square pegs in square holes. Lazy.
    Bile aside, i agreed with everything. Althougth i'm baffled that people took that King's tweet seriously, the man really likes to troll the fanbase.