Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    When will they learn, there is no life after the X-Men. Just ask Kitty, Rachel, Old Man Logan, etc. You can try to get out and live your life, hell you could kill them all and live for years and they'll still pull you right back into the fold.
    You reminded me of Alchemy and the students recently killed in Gold.
    It is perfectly possible to live a life outside the X-mens even if it is not shown but once you end up having some connection with them your life will never be the same at some time or another this connection will cause some incident or even the death.In fact this comic could be a differential showing the life of mutants outside of school or following their lives outside the X-mens but for the time being has not gone into this much or the reason to have students in different classes.

Changing the subject understand that writers want to tell their own stories but I really would like plots to be finished before jumping to next. Not long ago Roxanne kissed Jubilee and tried to approach her romantically and no matter how understood that some feel uncomfortable with it at least would rather see Jubilee moving away from Bling than ignore everything that happened.Although admit that Chamber and Jubilee makes more sense.
    Last edited by Knives; 11-03-2017 at 04:39 AM.

Wow, that's a really long preview.

I'm not sure how talking about your own problems to your client works as therapy, but okay. Maybe you should seek some therapy for yourself first, Paige.

LOL how tragic for paige

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue View Post
    Paige is the example of life after the X-Men? LoL
    What other examples are out there of people who joined the x-men and left and are still use today?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It is perfectly possible to live a life outside the X-mens even if it is not shown but once you end up having some connection with them your life will never be the same at some time or another this connection will cause some incident or even the death.In fact this comic could be a differential showing the life of mutants outside of school or following their lives outside the X-mens but for the time being has not gone into this much or the reason to have students in different classes.

Changing the subject understand that writers want to tell their own stories but I really would like plots to be finished before jumping to next. Not long ago Roxanne kissed Jubilee and tried to approach her romantically and no matter how understood that some feel uncomfortable with it at least would rather see Jubilee moving away from Bling than ignore everything that happened.Although admit that Chamber and Jubilee makes more sense.
    You can try and ask Strain on twitter if she is going to touch that past story between bling and jubilee, she is very active on twitter and she has responded to some of my questions before.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 11-03-2017 at 09:18 AM.

In the same vein of this question, whatever happened to the thing that Roxanne had for Mercury? The whole issue of her having gotten into a fight with her had ended with Mercury telling her that she hadn't known how to react to such a thing and then where their relationship went from there is never brought up again.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    You can try and ask Straib on twitter if she is going to touch that past story between bling and jubilee, she is very active on twitter and she has responded to some of my questions before.
    Good idea thank you.

I think she's more interested in developing the relationship of the boys but if I gets an answer at least do not have to wait for something that will maybe not happen.

I love what Strain is doing with Bling! (although having Jubilee mentor her is almost as awkward as allowing Rahne to be Elixir’s private tutor). These are the best pages Husk has been in since the original Gen X. This book is so refreshing while still hitting me in the nostalgia belly.

Strain is great with the character moments/dialogue. I like that she addresses Paige's past craziness(all that Aaron stuff) without actually getting into detail or delving into it too much(b/c who wants to go back to that!)

didn't recognize this was Pinna, his/her style seems to be changing...

those bears are creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Strain is great with the character moments/dialogue. I like that she addresses Paige's past craziness(all that Aaron stuff) without actually getting into detail or delving into it too much(b/c who wants to go back to that!)

didn't recognize this was Pinna, his/her style seems to be changing...

those bears are creepy!
    I'm assuming Pinna is a male, since my Grandpa's name is Amilcar.

Also, I have not liked the art in this book, and the more I look at it, especially with this preview. The more I think it's the inking and the colors that I have a problem with. The lines have no weight for the most part, and the colors...are pretty bland.

I might be alone on that...

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Can't Quentin beat M-plate alone?
    Monet already beat him.

Well, I think the biggest difference between Jubes/Roxy & Rahne/Josh is Roxy is already over 18. That really removed most of the stigma, especially with a teacher - student dynamic being a helluva lot different than that of a college.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I'm assuming Pinna is a male, since my Grandpa's name is Amilcar.

Also, I have not liked the art in this book, and the more I look at it, especially with this preview. The more I think it's the inking and the colors that I have a problem with. The lines have no weight for the most part, and the colors...are pretty bland.

I might be alone on that...
    I think Amilcar can and has been great, but when he rushes it really goes off the rails. I would guess he is adjusting to the pace of a monthly series still.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Preview looks good. Paige as a therapist makes sense.

I think the Jubes/Bling thing was already resolved as much as it needed to be. Roxy admitted to misreading the moment and apologized, Jubes accepted, they moved on. I would like to see the thing with Mercury addressed, even if just a throwaway line about things not working out.

The thing that's odd about Pinna's work to me is that in the far- and mid-distance shots it looks great, but in the close-ups it all goes wonky. He also seems overly fond of drawing faces in the same chin down eyes up perspective and the foreshortening is always a little off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Preview looks good. Paige as a therapist makes sense.

I think the Jubes/Bling thing was already resolved as much as it needed to be. Roxy admitted to misreading the moment and apologized, Jubes accepted, they moved on. I would like to see the thing with Mercury addressed, even if just a throwaway line about things not working out.

The thing that's odd about Pinna's work to me is that in the far- and mid-distance shots it looks great, but in the close-ups it all goes wonky. He also seems overly fond of drawing faces in the same chin down eyes up perspective and the foreshortening is always a little off.
    The way the drama works with the X-mens would not be surprised if Bling tried to kiss Chamber and Jubilee saw the scene. Awkward sure but we're talking about the X-mens would not be the first time .

If remember well Jubilee after the kiss of Bling had to leave on a mission and they will agree to talk about it later but then Bling had a moment with Mercury at sea and after that nothing was addressed.I wish at least one page had been made detailing what happened but now Mercury is in another class and the relationship of Jubilee and Bling is as if there had never been happened ( not talking just about only the kiss the two were extremely close at the time and Bling was babysitter Shogo several times). Without mentioning that Bling now has a schism with Jubilee for being chosen for your class.

That is a total inversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I agree with this.

P.S. I actually really love how Pinna and co. have textured her skin cracking. I know it originated with Bachalo during WatXM, but it looks especially great here.

I want to see the cover artist do an arc on this book.