Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    How long DOES it take to make a video game, anyway? If they haven't even started it yet, I don't think we're getting it by next year.
    Depends on the type of game and size of the development team. The modern AAA game will usually take 2-3 years to develop the base game.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Been hearing about a Superman game for far too long to put any faith at all in rumors.

If one were being developed, it likely wouldn't be ready for next year anyway. By the time a game is a year out from release, we've usually heard concrete announcements about it, as well as seen concept art and early play-test footage. Since we've got nothing but a rumor for Superman, even if that rumor is true (which I doubt) we'd still probably be 2 years or so from release.

Maybe for Superman's 83rd birthday.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

November's Game Informer issue is going to be released on November 6th, so get ready for Monday.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Fingers crossed. I would be all over this the day of release.

Can we get a Wonder Woman game too?

I think Superman might be a good challenge creatively for Rocksteady after the Arkham trilogy. It be cool if this rumor pans out but i'll wait till the trailer release before i get hyped.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Been hearing about a Superman game for far too long to put any faith at all in rumors.

If one were being developed, it likely wouldn't be ready for next year anyway. By the time a game is a year out from release, we've usually heard concrete announcements about it, as well as seen concept art and early play-test footage. Since we've got nothing but a rumor for Superman, even if that rumor is true (which I doubt) we'd still probably be 2 years or so from release.

Maybe for Superman's 83rd birthday.
    I can believe the game is a year from release if this is real. It's a real pain in the ass when a game is announced and the release is a couple of years off. Some games now get announced when it's only a year or a few months from release. It's happened with Resident Evil 7 and Super Mario Odyssey. If there's gameplay the PlayStation Experience event next month is the perfect to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I can believe the game is a year from release if this is real. It's a real pain in the ass when a game is announced and the release is a couple of years off. Some games now get announced when it's only a year or a few months from release. It's happened with Resident Evil 7 and Super Mario Odyssey. If there's gameplay the PlayStation Experience event next month is the perfect to show it.
    That's a good point.

Okay, so maybe the rumor has more legs to it than I thought.

But I will wont believe it until I see a release date and a gameplay trailer.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    It would be such a great 80th anniversary project if Rocksteady does in fact release a Superman video game in 2018 with as much effort and care as they did with the ARKHAM ASYLUM game for Batman's 70th anniversary in 2009.
    Deffos, man. That would indeed be a nice accompaniment.

Unfortunately, that is an image from the unused / never developed Superman game from WB Montreal Games, not Rocksteady. Which is both a good thing / bad thing kind of deal: Good thing: Rocksteady will probably NOT use the high-collar armor of New 52 Superman as the main skin; Bad thing: who knows how far behind they are if there isn't even a sneak peak still or pre-production design available to whet our appetites.
    Shame. That model looks great. The high-collar armour is also my favourite Super-suit. Different strokes and all that, eh?

I want a GREAT Superman video game even more than I want another GREAT Superman movie ... because I've never had one of the former before. I've watched 3 great (IMHO) rewatchable Superman films (STM, SII, and yes MOS), but played 0 even very good Superman video games in my lifetime. I want that to change.

Here's to hope ...
    Same here. There's been a lot of great Supermen on film but the games are few and far. I think The Death and Return was a decent game (can't remember it that well). I think Shadow of Apokolips was ok, also. I'm sure we can all agree that the less said about Superman 64 the better.

I'd have to say that Lego Batman games were probably the best Superman games never made.

Sorry all, turns out the rumour was made up.
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-rocksteady-rumor-debunked/
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Yeah, felt it in my gut that it was bs, still bummer all the same.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 11-05-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Actually crushed.

Well, dude did just say that Superman wasn't gonna be on the cover of the issue. Didn't say (to my knowledge?) that the rumor of a Super-game were completely false.

So, you know, if you wanna be optimistic about it, you still got hope.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Some posters suggested a Telltale Superman game.

Make that happen. It'd be nice to have a Superman game I know I'd be able to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Some posters suggested a Telltale Superman game.

Make that happen. It'd be nice to have a Superman game I know I'd be able to finish.
    Seeing how Telltale would handle utilizing Superman's abilities in gameplay and the story as well as the Clark Kent persona would be pretty cool .

(Laura Bailey/Erin Yvette for Telltale Lois Lane )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seeing how Telltale would handle utilizing Superman's abilities in gameplay and the story as well as the Clark Kent persona would be pretty cool .

(Laura Bailey/Erin Yvette for Telltale Lois Lane )
    Maybe Superman will be appear in Batman: The Enemy Within, setting off a connected Telltale DC Universe.