Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mogo vs Thanos

Isn't Ganthet comparable to Thanos? How does Thanos beat a guy who easily ate his peer?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Isn't Ganthet comparable to Thanos? How does Thanos beat a guy who easily ate his peer?
    When did Mogo "eat" Ganthet? He has dropped him to his knees with blasts, but eat? I can't recall that
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    When did Mogo "eat" Ganthet? He has dropped him to his knees with blasts, but eat? I can't recall that
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Mogo basically plucked two warring Corps up in his gravity well and then ate the ones the he didn't like while filtering out the ones he did. He took down Ganthet when huge mobs of elite Green Lanterns couldn't.
    That kinda made me think he was on of the ones he ate. Though the fact he dropped a Thanos level being kinda says everything that is needed about the results of this topic.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

That kinda made me think he was on of the ones he ate. Though the fact he dropped a Thanos level being kinda says everything that is needed about the results of this topic.
    Nah, two separate feats. No one is saying Mogo couldn't drop Thanos if he hit him at this point. Its more like can he reliably get the shot against a tiny opponent who could spam teleport while throwing out dozens of his own planet wrecking blasts
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Nah, two separate feats. No one is saying Mogo couldn't drop Thanos if he hit him at this point. Its more like can he reliably get the shot against a tiny opponent who could spam teleport while throwing out dozens of his own planet wrecking blasts
    I don't recall Thanos having planet busting energy output. Can it harm individuals of his durability?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

He blew off his own head recently

Eh Mogo has automated surface defences like Ego with trees and the environment itself changing to attack people. Also the guy swallowed a bunch of BL rings against their will so not exactly lacking in firepower to pull it off against Thanos

Edit- Mogo also does surface blasts
    https://m.imgur.com/2rC7rz6
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 11-05-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Eh Mogo has automated surface defences like Ego with trees and the environment itself changing to attack people. Also the guy swallowed a bunch of BL rings against their will so not exactly lacking in firepower to pull it off against Thanos

Edit- Mogo also does surface blasts
    https://m.imgur.com/2rC7rz6
    According to the OP, Thanos is in space. At least that was my interpretation of the wording. He doesn't have to worry about trees or golems and what have you.

Was the BL ring feat the same instance Captain Morgan was quoting? With the gravity well? Because again, it looked like Mogo shut those rings off, not simply overpowered them.

Let's say Mogo starts to blast. Thanos ports to the far side of the planet (still in high orbit) and unleashes a blast of his own. Mogo repositions his attacks, Thanos ports again. Wash rinse repeat.
    - big_adventure

I don't recall Thanos having planet busting energy output. Can it harm individuals of his durability?
    He has made a career off of flooring Heralds through a variety of attacks
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    He blew off his own head recently
    Is this a side effect of him becoming Phoenix Thanos.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    IIRC, Gamma Annihilus trapped him in some sort of alternate dimension after breaking his teleport tech. Thanos was like "meh whatevs" blew his head off and then got Death revived in normal space or some such nonsense. I am unclear on the details of his resurrection
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

According to the OP, Thanos is in space. At least that was my interpretation of the wording. He doesn't have to worry about trees or golems and what have you.

Was the BL ring feat the same instance Captain Morgan was quoting? With the gravity well? Because again, it looked like Mogo shut those rings off, not simply overpowered them.

Let's say Mogo starts to blast. Thanos ports to the far side of the planet (still in high orbit) and unleashes a blast of his own. Mogo repositions his attacks, Thanos ports again. Wash rinse repeat.
    Being fair, Mogo would only be able to tamper with the GL rings. He's the one who guides them to their intended user, so I could buy him hacking them. But I don't think he could have done the same to the black rings. The black rings are just a little harder to peg for individual power IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Being fair, Mogo would only be able to tamper with the GL rings. He's the one who guides them to their intended user, so I could buy him hacking them. But I don't think he could have done the same to the black rings. The black rings are just a little harder to peg for individual power IMO.
    That's a fair point I suppose. Black Rings start a 0% and then charge up from eating other emotions right? It's a weird situation we are in with this feat now. It certainly feels more impressive again, just as you say, hard to peg the specifics
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

That's a fair point I suppose. Black Rings start a 0% and then charge up from eating other emotions right? It's a weird situation we are in with this feat now. It certainly feels more impressive again, just as you say, hard to peg the specifics
    Their charge had more to do with gathering energy to summon Nekron. I don't think the charge percentage effected their individual powers. It's more that some BLs could tear through Green Lanterns, while others got held at bay by the GCPD. Which is the nature of it being a dumb universe wide crossover as opposed to the much better Sinestro Corps War, which was just kept in the GL titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    wait... what?