Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Supersons Anime

Adult RHATO cartoon series

Bring back Brave and the Bold or just give that Aquaman an outrageous show.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-04-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Earth-M & The Wild Storm material.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think it is a given that as soon as all the contracts run out Cartoon Network will not have any DC/WB properties anymore period. Teen Titans Go is going to be the last thing you see on Cartoon Network I imagine.
    I highly doubt that because WB owns both companies and is always going to have dc content because they both make huge amounts of money from the shows.

Spectacular Member

I guess if I had to pick a show it would be an animated Amethyst Princess of gem world show.

This was too good to be a series of shorts.

My kingdom for a Daredevil Netflix style series about The Question.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganL View Post
    Dc superhero girls is an action cartoon coming out in 2018, and also keep in mind there is a dc action cartoon on right now and it's being over shadowed by TTG
    CN barely promotes Justice League Action, especially compared to TTG!

That's where I get my thing about not trusting CN with any cartoon that;s not TTG!

Time will tell how they'll handle the upcoming Lauren Faust DC Super Hero Girls cartoon.

First off, I want basically every DC property not currently running on the CW to move to the streaming service, and I want a back catalog of DC's older stuff. The Timmverse cartoons, Batman Beyond, Young Justice seasons 1-2, Smallville, the Burton Bat movies, Donner Super-films, the old George Reeve Superman show, Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman, Adam West's Batman......I basically want all of it on the service. Even the stuff that wasn't overly popular like that Birds of Prey live-action show or various Batman cartoons that weren't by Timm.....WB's got those things, might as well toss them up on the service. Not like they'd take up that much bandwidth, and it'd fill out their offerings early on.

As for new content, it depends on what the budget looks like, honestly.

Someone mentioned Hawkworld, and I'd give a kidney to see that adapted properly.....but would the service have the budget to do it right? I'd rather not see it done at all, or done as some sort of animated project, than see it done poorly with a low-end budget that can't properly capture the story or setting. I mean, how disappointed were all of you in Iron Fist dancing around Danny's origin? I'd rather not see the same happen to more comic properties.

But assuming budget isnt much of an issue?

Super-Sons animated, aimed at a young demographic.

A Booster Gold/Blue Beetle team up live action show. Sort of like Legends of Tomorrow but with humor and high quality.

Something Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn related for my wife.

I'd love to see someone take another stab at Birds of Prey.

Hawkworld.

A new Superman program. Live action preferably, and with the kind of quality and high-end approach you see from HBO or FX.....baring that, a cartoon will suffice. But I'd really like to see an intelligent, clever take on Superman that would make Grant Morrison sit back and go "Damn, that was good." If I had my exact way, it'd be a pulp-style period piece set in the 40's, pulling heavy inspiration from the Golden Age, the Fleshier cartoons, and the t-shirt New52 origin.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    First off, I want basically every DC property not currently running on the CW to move to the streaming service, and I want a back catalog of DC's older stuff. The Timmverse cartoons, Batman Beyond, Young Justice seasons 1-2, Smallville, the Burton Bat movies, Donner Super-films, the old George Reeve Superman show, Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman, Adam West's Batman......I basically want all of it on the service. Even the stuff that wasn't overly popular like that Birds of Prey live-action show or various Batman cartoons that weren't by Timm.....WB's got those things, might as well toss them up on the service. Not like they'd take up that much bandwidth, and it'd fill out their offerings early on.

As for new content, it depends on what the budget looks like, honestly.

Someone mentioned Hawkworld, and I'd give a kidney to see that adapted properly.....but would the service have the budget to do it right? I'd rather not see it done at all, or done as some sort of animated project, than see it done poorly with a low-end budget that can't properly capture the story or setting. I mean, how disappointed were all of you in Iron Fist dancing around Danny's origin? I'd rather not see the same happen to more comic properties.

But assuming budget isnt much of an issue?

Super-Sons animated, aimed at a young demographic.

A Booster Gold/Blue Beetle team up live action show. Sort of like Legends of Tomorrow but with humor and high quality.

Something Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn related for my wife.

I'd love to see someone take another stab at Birds of Prey.

Hawkworld.

A new Superman program. Live action preferably, and with the kind of quality and high-end approach you see from HBO or FX.....baring that, a cartoon will suffice. But I'd really like to see an intelligent, clever take on Superman that would make Grant Morrison sit back and go "Damn, that was good." If I had my exact way, it'd be a pulp-style period piece set in the 40's, pulling heavy inspiration from the Golden Age, the Fleshier cartoons, and the t-shirt New52 origin.
    I think doing Hawk world will be hard since syfy is using Hawk woman for their Krypton show.

Mighty Member

More of those animated movies would be nice.

Hellblazer cartoon that are just animated shorts of the old comics would be fun

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wonder Woman is looooooooooong overdue for a quality animated program of her own. That should be top priority.

And while he's fared far better than most, I think Superman needs a cartoon of his own again. Especially as the best one he had up until now, S:TAS, still doesn't measure up to B:TAS or Spectacular Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I would be down for this.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorganL View Post
    I highly doubt that because WB owns both companies and is always going to have dc content because they both make huge amounts of money from the shows.
    But the more they push their streaming service the more they are going to want all their premium original content there. They will make more money with people paying a fee straight to them than what they get from Cartoon Network. The more original content the more subscribers the more money.

It is not different than any company starting their own streaming service.

Wonder Woman animated series. For sure.
    I'm also torn between wanting a full-length Vixen series, or convincing the DCEU honchos to give her her own film. But, since that will likely never happen, a full-length animated series would be fantastic.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Fantastic Member

Animated

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

Shazam

Green Lantern animated series returns

Justice League International with the original leaguers as guest stars only

Live action
    Secret Six

Mystery in Space Adam Strange

Constantine The Hellblazer

All Star Western Jonah Hex

Sandman Mystery Theaters

Travis Morgan Warlord of Skartaris
    Last edited by blaster86; 11-04-2017 at 11:44 PM.

As much as I’d like it to, I can’t picture DC’s streaming service succeeding in the longterm. There are essentially two markets. Kids and adults. With kids, a lot of parents won’t be willing to purchase a streaming service for just DC. With adults, you have a smaller market, and unfortunately a good number of them will be pirating the shows if they have any interest. I think if DC really wants to make money, it would be better to farm it off to Netflix. Hulu or Amazon Prime would work as well, but Netflix would be the most successful option IMO.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I agree with @Kurt that this is likely to fail but to answer the thread

Superman Brave and the Bold style or a Superfamily animated series. I mean everyone.

Supersons seems like an easy pick but still

Green Lantern animated series

Gotham Academy

Gleasons Robin Son of Batman animated