View Poll Results: Dan Slott, Keep On Or Take Off Amazing Spider-Man?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep

34 36.17%
  • Take Off

60 63.83%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Spider-Man sells because it's Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Sigh really? Seriously how many times are you going to pretend that is true when history shows that its simply not as simple as that?
    I suspect that the truth is somewhere in the middle, but don't quote me on that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I suspect that the truth is somewhere in the middle, but don't quote me on that.
    Except that is exactly my point. Its not as simple as “Spider-man always sells nomatter who is on there” which is usually the go to argument a lot of posters go to to give Slott as little credit as possible.

BANNED

Except that is exactly my point. Its not as simple as “Spider-man always sells nomatter who is on there” which is usually the go to argument a lot of posters go to to give Slott as little credit as possible.
    Hard to give him credit when he's pretty much the reason the book does'nt sell half as well as it ought to.

Are you really that satisfied with regular places in or around 20th place when it could be at the very top?

BANNED

Hard to give him credit when he's pretty much the reason the book does'nt sell half as well as it ought to.

Are you really that satisfied with regular places in or around 20th place when it could be at the very top?
    Am I satisfied that its one of the most consistent sellers? Yes.

And no its only hard to give him credit if you dont like what he is doing on the title and and want to pretend ASM is the most consistent Marvel book through though its entire existence which has been demonstrated to not be true several times by now.

It should only be hard to give him any credit if you want to ignore actual available data. It has nothing to do with taste or preference. By this time I would be fine if a new writer came onto the title, but that does not mean I just am going to ignore that Slott`s run on the title has sold fine.

BANNED

Who are any of us to determine what a book "ought to" sell?

Also, how would you know that Slott is the reason that ASM sells "half as well as it ought to?". For all we know it might be selling half what it is now if he wasn't on it.

You're making groundless, half-baked assumptions about what ASM's sales should be, what they are, and why readers buy the book in the first place.

Wait, my speculation was right?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The best-selling Marvel Universe ongoing should be doing significantly better (even if not twice as well) if not for the writer?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The best-selling Marvel Universe ongoing should be doing significantly better (even if not twice as well) if not for the writer?
    Yeah, even if another writer would boost the series' sales, being top dog is still top dog. (Still can't believe I'm actually defending Slott. What a world.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, even if another writer would boost the series' sales, being top dog is still top dog. (Still can't believe I'm actually defending Slott. What a world.)
    Sometimes I just find interest elsewhere. I am currently not on Spider-Man, I am buying the Darth Vader comics, and not really anything else. But just because I am not liking something doesn't mean that somebody else isn't. At this point, I am at the point of saying whatever, I've got something I get a kick out of. Even if someone doesn't like Slott, well, there's at least two alternate universe takes on Peter Parker in comic books and a third one if you count what I believe will be his movie trilogy with the MCU. But that's just me, sometimes I would defend my enemy even if things are getting rediculous enough. But at the end of the day, if it's for me, it's for me. If it's not, well I don't begrudge whomever else for liking it.