View Poll Results: Dan Slott, Keep On Or Take Off Amazing Spider-Man?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep

34 36.17%
  • Take Off

60 63.83%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'd love to see Slott team-up with Al Ewing to relaunch FF.

Slott brings the family tone.
    Ewing brings the grandiose scale.

-Pav, who would pay for FF monthly for the first time...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think Slott's best days on ASM, creatively and commercially, are behind him. I would like to see a new creative team take the wheels.

I don't want you to think I hate Slott. I do believe Slott should launch another high profile book for Marvel. I think he's capable of a great Fantastic Four run. (The FF was THE Stan Lee/Jack Kirby title for about a decade and launched the Marvel Universe as we know it. It deserves first class treatment from Marvel, and I think Slott could provide such to it.)
    There are definitely other projects he could do well. He would be the guy to launch an Indiana Jones title.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Because everyone's exhausted their storytelling options with him and he deserves a long rest. Hell he's more in need of transferring to another book than MJ.

All Slott seems to be doing with him is regurgitating the mystic power trip he went on in the 90s.
    My point was that Slott has set up stories, and knows where they're going. He's able to provide payoff to things that were seeded a while back.

If he were booted out, his replacement would be dealing with setup right now, rather than payoff.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Honestly, just let him stay as long as he wants. With the current editorial mandates on the character,I don't see the book getting better with a new writer and books like spectacular prove that.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

I'm gonna say keep him, cause I don't see who could replace him in a manner that would increase the book's quality. Unless they get Christopher Yost for the job Slott for all his faults is better than most options available right now I feel.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

BANNED

I voted to keep him, although like others have said, it's not really that simple. Slott has been one of the best writers the title has had but in the recent couple of years has been in a definite slump, but is all that on him? We simply don't know how much Marvel's never ending events influenced whatever direction Slott planned on going. Also I think there's been a definite drop off in the title since Lowe took over as editor from Wacker.
    I do think we need to see significant improvement in ASM soon or the calls will grow louder. It's kind of shocking that Zdarsky, only six issues into Peter Parker, now created a more significant shift in Pete's life and future than Slott has in recent years.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    I'm gonna say keep him, cause I don't see who could replace him in a manner that would increase the book's quality. Unless they get Christopher Yost for the job Slott for all his faults is better than most options available right now I feel.
    Oh man, I’d really love to see Yost write some ASM. I loved him so much on Scarlet Spider and Superior Spider-Man Team Up.

Other than Yost, who I’m not sure even works at Marvel anymore, the only writers currently at Marvel who I think could do the job better than Slott are Joe Kelly and Christos Gage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Oh man, I’d really love to see Yost write some ASM. I loved him so much on Scarlet Spider and Superior Spider-Man Team Up.

Other than Yost, who I’m not sure even works at Marvel anymore, the only writers currently at Marvel who I think could do the job better than Slott are Joe Kelly and Christos Gage.
    Definitely Kelly. If only he'd been writing ASM when he came up with his big Spidey/Deadpool arc involving Mephisto. The forums would have lost it.

I would say keep. While I have certainly disliked some elements of his run (Superior Spider-man and the overall treatment of MJ) the majority of his time on the book has been great. The main thing about removing Sloot that would concern for me is who would replace him, currently there is no one at marvel that I would trust or like to handle Spidey. I think Zdarsky has done well on Spectacular Spider-man, but that book mostly does well (in my opinion) because it just gets to serve as the "fun" book while ASM does the heavy lifting of the overall Spider-man story. The only other name I can think of that I would want is Jeff loveness (who did an amazing crossover with Spidey, FalCap and the inhumans) but I am not sure he would handle a big book like amazing for too long.

Secondly and more importantly When he is on his A game it is really hard to find any writer who could do a better job than Sloot. He has produced a lot of good spidey stories.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Let me put it this way: In the 10 years that Slott has been writing ASM, I've never had the desire to go back and re-read one of his stories. Not once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    He has produced a lot of good spidey stories.
    All of which were ten years ago

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

For me, personally, he's outstayed his welcome and needs to be replaced.

I wouldn't mind Robbie Thompson, Christos Gage or Willow Wilson being his replacement. I'm sure there's others I haven't mentioned but just at the top of my head LOL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    All of which were ten years ago
    Nope in recent years too.

If there is a new writer I'd throw my hat in with Yost. He's written some of the best Spider-House books IMO.

Dan Slott is a good writer.
    However, I would like to see him tackle another character now and leave Spidey.
    I enjoyed his Silver Surfer a lot.

Mighty Member

I want Mary Jane back as a supporting character in The Amazing Spider-Man.
    Therefore, I want him taken off.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.