View Poll Results: Dan Slott, Keep On Or Take Off Amazing Spider-Man?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep

34 36.17%
  • Take Off

60 63.83%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I want Mary Jane back as a supporting character in The Amazing Spider-Man.
    Therefore, I want him taken off.
    dan slott is the wall marvel built to keep the mary janes out. make marvel great again
    troo fan or death

I've enjoyed a lot of Dan's run but I personally think it is past time for him to move on; ever since Superior wrapped (nearly 5 years ago!), his run on the title has been defined by one big mega-arc after another and characterization/heart (never his strong suit to begin with) was jettisoned almost entirely. Dan's enthusiasm for writing comics is evident in every page he authors yet he has really lost sight of what makes Peter/Spidey work for so many of us in his zeal for wanting to cram in as many characters as possible (Spider-Verse!! Clone Conspiracy!!) into his stories. Moreover, the difference for the better when Gage co-authors the title is glaring---and this also shows in the last few issues of PP:SSM.

As many others have said before, Dan really would be a great choice for a new volume of Fantastic Four; his strengths really are more sic-fi-oriented and he is better at writing a team book with lots of co-stars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    dan slott is the wall marvel built to keep the mary janes out.
    And the fans will pay for it.

make marvel great again
    RYV is certainly trying.

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I've enjoyed a lot of Dan's run but I personally think it is past time for him to move on; ever since Superior wrapped (nearly 5 years ago!), his run on the title has been defined by one big mega-arc after another and characterization/heart (never his strong suit to begin with) was jettisoned almost entirely. Dan's enthusiasm for writing comics is evident in every page he authors yet he has really lost sight of what makes Peter/Spidey work for so many of us in his zeal for wanting to cram in as many characters as possible (Spider-Verse!! Clone Conspiracy!!) into his stories. Moreover, the difference for the better when Yost co-authors the title is glaring---and this also shows in the last few issues of PP:SSM.

As many others have said before, Dan really would be a great choice for a new volume of Fantastic Four; his strengths really are more sic-fi-oriented and he is better at writing a team book with lots of co-stars.
    I think u summed that up pretty well.

With the rate a lot of Marvel's talent has gone to DC (Humphries, Bendis, more?), maybe we should be talking about what DC books we would like to see Slott on.

BANNED

Tony Schivone: Dan Slott is in the building
    Bobby Hennan: YEAH, BUT WHO'S SIDE IS HE ON?
    Tony Schivone: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
    Heenah: WHO'S SIDE IS HE ON?

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Moreover, the difference for the better when Yost co-authors the title is glaring---and this also shows in the last few issues of PP:SSM.
    Hmm... I think you meant Christos Gage - Yost hasn’t written a Spidey issue in a couple years, and AFAIK he never co-wrote anything with Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Hmm... I think you meant Christos Gage - Yost hasn’t written a Spidey issue in a couple years, and AFAIK he never co-wrote anything with Slott.
    Yes, I meant Gage.....my bad; will correct and thx for the assist!

BANNED

Bleeding Cool takes note of Dan's status as now being the second longest serving writer at Marvel alongside Peter David (though PAD did take the occasional detour to DC himself)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...marvel-comics/

I want to see Christopher Priest get the chance to write the main Amazing title. That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bleeding Cool takes note of Dan's status as now being the second longest serving writer at Marvel alongside Peter David (though PAD did take the occasional detour to DC himself)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...marvel-comics/
    Bleeding Cool is looking at how long these people have had consistent work from Marvel, even if they also worked elsewhere.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Oh man, I’d really love to see Yost write some ASM. I loved him so much on Scarlet Spider and Superior Spider-Man Team Up.

Other than Yost, who I’m not sure even works at Marvel anymore, the only writers currently at Marvel who I think could do the job better than Slott are Joe Kelly and Christos Gage.
    Yost co-wrote Thor Ragnarok so he's still doing work for Marvel.

BANNED

There's fresh rumors of a third Peter Parker led book being developed for 2018, with Marvel allegedly planning to relaunch Miles Morales: Spider-Man and give the adjectiveless Spider-Man title back to Peter.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...vel-dc-comics/

If true, either Slott could go to that book, or they're definitely keen to keep Dan on ASM, but want even more fresh talent working on the character

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want to see Christopher Priest get the chance to write the main Amazing title. That would be cool.
    No, not this. Not a big fan of his new deconstructed story style that he brought to Deathstroke.

All-New Member

I really love Slott's work on Amazing. I say keep him for another 10 years.
    Biggest reasons?
    1) Long term plot seeding and payoffs
    2) Stories that incorporate plots/storylines from past decades (tying the book together over the decades)
    3) Interesting events