Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What beings and creatures would be cool to see on Paradise Island

One thing ever now and then we don't see too many other beings on Person Island. I mean wouldn't it be cool to see the amazons allying themselves with?

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Minotaurs, Cerberuses, centaurs...horses/unicorns/alicorns/pegasus...kangaroos and nymphs.

How many humanoid beings in myths are there that could or should be on paradise? I mean sentimental beings would be interesting. Hey love with the amazons. Alicorns the amazons ride in battle or their kangas

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How many humanoid beings in myths are there that could or should be on paradise? I mean sentimental beings would be interesting. Hey love with the amazons. Alicorns the amazons ride in battle or their kangas
    Nymphs should definitely be common on Paradise Island. They're nature spirits and the island is a natural paradise. Nymphs should be EVERYWHERE on the island. In fact, I think they should be one option for increasing the Amazon's power in the world. If anyone invades Paradise Island? The nymphs can turn the entire ecosystem against them. If the Amazons leave the island and go to war? Some nymphs might accompany them and use their nature powers to serve as force multipliers for the Amazons. They may not be very powerful on their own, but if they work together and combine their strength, they can be deadly foes indeed.

Pegasi are usually portrayed as sentient in fiction, so they definitely count.

Centaurs would be nice, although they're usually male, so it depends on how strictly we think the Amazons should adhere to the "no men on the island" rule. Maybe the centaurs live on a separate island near PI, close enough that they can come to the Amazon's aid when asked. Satyrs would also be cool for this. They're nature spirits too, and they have the power to induce overwhelming fear in people. They could be another allied force that can allow the Amazons to be much more powerful than one might expect.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Kangaroos, pegasi (plural for pegasus?) and maybe some mer-people (remember Mer-Boy? lol).

I don't think they should be that strict. What about Harpies? Or maybe Echidna