Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Dr.Cyber: Wonder Woman’s most under utilized rogue?

In a rogue’s gallery filled with magic and myth she stands out, a character who’s name and abilities stem from science and technology. But I think that’s her greatest strength, and also why she should hate Diana. Dr. Cyber is to often used as a generic terrorist (think madame Hydra with a power suit). But I think their is potential to go in a far more intetesting direction with her.

My version of Dr. Cyber would be what you would call a techno mage. An individual just as powerful as characters like Circe and Zatanna, but tech based rather then magical. Her motivation shouldn’t be greed or vain pride( a motivation to common with female antagonists) but rather contempt for anything of a supernatural nature. This would make her and her minions a threat not only to Diana’ but to any super natural hero in the DCU.

The way I see her is that she should be completely tech based. Her body should be completely incorporated by tech. She might even have left biology behind and become completely digital.

I think besides Cheetah, Doctor Cyber was the most fantastic revamp that Rucka had done for Rebirth. I am eagerly awaiting her return (I'd like to see her get a 70's-esque battle suit since she has no physical body).