Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sexy harpy men and mermen, as is canon.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    In Western mythology? Not really. Dragons are portrayed as being quite malicious, if not down right evil. In Eastern mythology? Often considered benevolent as well as being deities in their own right. So it could work for Wonder Woman of China, but unless otherwise stated, would be counterproductive to being on Paradise Island.

Though, having a dragon that turns into a human and be an antagonist to Diana would be an interesting twist.
    Dragons would be out of place in Themyscira then. That's a shame. I was imagining the Amazon army riding into battle flying on dragons.

Dragon turning into human is a cool idea for an antagonist.

I was thinking Phoenix can be good. If Amazons wish a pet, phoenixes would be nice. I don't know much. They seem to be useful creatures. And of course their rebirth can make them useful as pets. Amazons have really long lives. Phoenix can be a good idea.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-09-2017 at 02:25 AM.

BANNED

I am of the mind that Paradise Island and it's surrounding islands are the kind of place where you can encounter just about every monster from Greek mythology.

Like Paradise Island is home to mainly things the Amazons can eat and things that aren't overly dangerous to them. But on a nearby, larger island, you'd find centaurs, minotaurs, hydras, cyclops', harpies, griffons and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    I think that, when it comes to animals, the Amazons have generally been represented more as hunters and fishers than livestock owners. I imagine they do grow crops, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I am of the mind that Paradise Island and it's surrounding islands are the kind of place where you can encounter just about every monster from Greek mythology.
    Yeah, I have to agree with Outside. I think Themyscira should BEGIN as a magical fantasy land comprised of every manner of creature we discover in Greek Myth. I've suggested the notion that Amazons leave the island infrequently to procure intelligence of Man's World and bring back peculiarities, so that's where they get Kangas, and it stands to reason an Amazon MIGHT bring home an Eastern Dragon. I'm not willing to give any suggestion a hard no, given that my hard yes is that the Amazons themselves are the police and peacemakers on the island. They successfully manage and maintain the effects of all the creatures that impact the island's "circle of life" --given the immortality of living things can be a challenge to navigate.

So that's a yes from me regarding Themyscira being home to the Gorgons, the Graeae, some dryads, certainly a few river gods and at least a freshwater oceanid, a tribe of Centaurs, a family of Cyclops, a flock of harpies... I'm hesitant to add satyrs though --given what they represent. As for nonsentients, it'd be cool if they weren't all herd-animals, like Chimeras and Hydras are largely solitary. And despite the appeal of She-Ra and Valkyrie, maybe the pterippi are nearly impossible to break, like zebras. Amazons fly using Daedalus-wing flying contraptions. I wonder if the Stymphalian birds could be turned into a chicken-like creature, with feathers harvested for weaponry. I'm hesitant to add aquatic mythologicals, as I'd like some to belong to Aquaman's environments, and it'd be cool if the city or palace of Amazonia was protected by a sphinx.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Sexy harpy men and mermen, as is canon.
    The Mermen bit would be more fitting for the Aquaman/Atlantis parts then Paradise Island.

The Mermen bit would be more fitting for the Aquaman/Atlantis parts then Paradise Island.
    ...It's an island.

It makes complete sense for some sexy mermen to be swimming around the shores.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    ...It's an island.

It makes complete sense for some sexy mermen to be swimming around the shores.
    If you say so...

uglymerman.jpg

Wouldn’t Arthur And his people be merwomen and men? Or should the amazons have the more common ones? I guess a mix. Maybe that’s how Diana and the amazons make Clea. That flea and her people are under the shores of paradise island. Phoenixes are generally female. What about a pet chimera? Or sphinx was i
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-09-2017 at 06:56 PM.

During the Silver Age one of the main characters of the comic was Manno the Merman, and he competed with Steve Trevor to marry her. Manno also appeared during the Wonder Girl stories set in the past and eventually, Bird-boy was introduced as well to make another love triangle. They lived in fantasy metropolises near Amazon Island, in the ocean and sky respectively.

What I'm thinking of, you guys know about anime right? Then you must know about the greatest anime of all time, Monster Masume! Basically the same premise here, except with male monsters instead of female ones;

> sexy male harpies
    > sexy mermen
    > sexy male oozes
    > sexy male spidermen

Again, this idea has some basis in Wonder Woman's history, I'd just expand it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

During the Silver Age one of the main characters of the comic was Manno the Merman, and he competed with Steve Trevor to marry her. Manno also appeared during the Wonder Girl stories set in the past and eventually, Bird-boy was introduced as well to make another love triangle. They lived in fantasy metropolises near Amazon Island, in the ocean and sky respectively.

What I'm thinking of, you guys know about anime right? Then you must know about the greatest anime of all time, Monster Masume! Basically the same premise here, except with male monsters instead of female ones;

> sexy male harpies
    > sexy mermen
    > sexy male oozes
    > sexy male spidermen

I know it. Even caught up on the manga.
    Wouldn't call it the best though. Major Dragon Ball franchise fan first and foremost.

Though, I don't think I've ever heard of male harpies. They've almost always been female in appearance. Well, somewhat female.

harpies.jpg

BANNED

> sexy male harpies
    > sexy mermen
    > sexy male oozes
    > sexy male spidermen

Whenever someone puts 'sexy' infront of the name of a male monster, I end up thinking about them walking around with their parts on display... and that the Amazons fight them off by deliberately aiming for them:
    "Quick Antiope! The male Harpies are coming!"
    "Get me the bat, I am going for a home run today!"

Later in the harpy-nest:
    "Son, what did I tell you about the Amazons?"
    "They go for the plums."
    "And what did you lean today?"
    "They go for the plums..."
    "Good, I hope you leaned to steer clear of them now... they should stop hurting in a day or two."

On a more serious note, I would settle for some of these critters being sort of friendly (or atleast peaceful enough that they have to be actively provoked into a fight) and surprisingly intelligent.

Then you must know about the greatest anime of all time, Monster Masume! Basically the same premise here, except with male monsters instead of female ones;
    Uh... I just google'd it... very creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Uh... I just google'd it... very creepy.
    Eh, not so much. Think girls, just with say, a tail instead of legs. That kind of thing. Trust me, there are FAR creepier anime out there. Some are quite infamous.

Incredible Member

What about a "my little kanga" spin off comic???