Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I saw Thor and I dig Hela and all, but I can’t think of anything that shows she is a) fast enough not to get blitzed by wonder woman and b) durable enough not to be beheaded by the same sword that lobbed off Doomsday’s hand.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Skill level is irrelevant if they can't hurt the woman.
    I mean to say Strength Level + Skill. But in Two weeks this will be a more interesting discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    I saw Thor and I dig Hela and all, but I can’t think of anything that shows she is a) fast enough not to get blitzed by wonder woman and b) durable enough not to be beheaded by the same sword that lobbed off Doomsday’s hand.

She was fast enough to catch Thor's hammer. That is crazy speed shit there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    She was fast enough to catch Thor's hammer. That is crazy speed shit there.
    Is it though? I mean, we know the hammer can travel pretty quickly over long distances, but what’s the acceleration like over a few dozen feet? It didn’t appear to break the sound barrier yet, like we’ve explicitly seen before.

Wonder Woman parries bullets and, in an available scene from Justice League, appears to fight using bursts of some level of super speed. In a head to head fight, odds are good on her getting good shots in.

And that’s assuming she doesn’t just give Clark the sword and have him act like a multi-mach flying guillotine.

She was stabbed and cut numerous times, she basically instantly regened

Meanwhile she can basically throw unlimited super wide AOE attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Yeah when the heroes plan to finally stop her is,

spoilers:
    Let full powered Surtur nuke Asgard and her along with it, and it's considered the best option
    end of spoilers

You know you're dealing with whole new levels of power/durability.
    This.

spoilers:
    It's telling when the only acceptable strategy is to abandon ship and nuke the remains
    end of spoilers

For all the pre-release angst about this movie being too fun, and it was definitely fun, but damn it also had some bleak moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    Is it though? I mean, we know the hammer can travel pretty quickly over long distances, but what’s the acceleration like over a few dozen feet? It didn’t appear to break the sound barrier yet, like we’ve explicitly seen before.

Wonder Woman parries bullets and, in an available scene from Justice League, appears to fight using bursts of some level of super speed. In a head to head fight, odds are good on her getting good shots in.

And that’s assuming she doesn’t just give Clark the sword and have him act like a multi-mach flying guillotine.
    Hela transacts on a power tier well above this though. (And Fenris should be standard equipment)

spoilers:
    She physically caught and casually crushed Mjolnir in one hand.
    She murdered all (except one) of Odin's Valkyrie showing huge area affect attacks.
    Named Asgardians are fodder toe her, she casually murdered the Warriors Three.
    She murdered the army of Asgard, showing HTH and weapons skill
    She insta-regens from being sliced to impaled
    She rides Fenris, a giant murderwolf capable of fighting the Hulk
    She took amped Thor's best shots, the same amped Thor that was manhandling the Hulk
    She was going toe to toe with Surtur who completely destroyed Asgard, as in blew it up, and we are not sure what the outcome of that battle was..
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Crawfo; 11-06-2017 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Clarification

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

spoilers:
    They literally cannot do a damn thing to her and she can EASILY exceed their ability to resist harm. She trivially handles SSJ2 Thor like it ain't no thing. She takes no fewer than three strikes from enchanted types of weapons and ignores them, above and beyond catching and crushing freaking Mjolnir with one hand. Basically, Wondy's cute little sword ain't doing diddly here, no matter who is wielding it, and her stuff trivially nearly disembowels and takes the eye of Thor, the same Thor who was more or less no-selling and obliterating an enraged Hulk. And that was while she was effectively toying with him.
    end of spoilers

She's just on a COMPLETELY different tier then the DC gang.

Recall how in Age of Ultron, Thor threw Mjolnir at Quicksilver, who was moving at comparable speeds? It’s telling that Mjolnir moved so fast, Quicksilver—of all people—couldn’t react fast enough to simply let go before being whisked away.

So Hela catching Mjolnir with one hand is a good feat of strength and speed.

Well, there is an asterisk against that feat.

spoilers:
    IIRC, the picture on the hidden ceiling (or one of the others) showed Hela and Odin together, and Hela had Mjolnir, predating Thor, so the hammer was clearly made to be hers. Arguably she might still have some sort of control over it.
    end of spoilers

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well, there is an asterisk against that feat.

spoilers:
    IIRC, the picture on the hidden ceiling (or one of the others) showed Hela and Odin together, and Hela had Mjolnir, predating Thor, so the hammer was clearly made to be hers. Arguably she might still have some sort of control over it.
    end of spoilers
    Perhaps, but without even narrative saying such a thing, much less explicit feats, it's REALLY hard to infer that it's a thing as such. Plus, the events in Thor 1 kind of imply/show that whatever might have existed before has likely changed by... stuff.

spoilers:
    Odin adding the worthiness thing, Odin stating that the hammer is specifically set up to help Thor channel his own powers, etc.

Plus it's not like there is ever the slightest implication that Thor could do what Hela did to the hammer.
    end of spoilers

Just a thought, but why are we bothering to put spoiler tags in this thread?

Anyone entering a thread about MCU Hela who hasn’t seen Thor Ragnarok can contribute little or nothing to the debate and if they’re worried about having things spoiled then they need a good slapping.

I get all of Hela's feats. They are great. and if this was a hth fight, they would even suffice.

But the fact that she got cut and stabbed means that beings and weapons significantly weaker and less sharp than a kryptonian with Diana's sword can affect her. And while it's true that she healed instantly and didn't seem bothered by it, it is irrelevant unless you are also arguing that she can do the same with, say, decapitation.

Or, honestly Doomsday's wrist is thicker than Hela's waist. One good swing and she's in two pieces. Nothing about her presentation contradicts that.

If her only speed feat is catching the hammer... i'm not at all convinced that the hammer was going faster than a bullet at that point, let along Superman's max flight speed.
    Last edited by Morning; 11-06-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Superman isn't, say, fast enough to blitz her with anything before she fills the arena with pointy death, is the problem.

Neither is WW for that matter.

Batman is a decent enough cheerleader though. Hela might keep him around.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Batman is a decent enough cheerleader though. Hela might keep him around.
    I don't know.

Him throwing stuff at her probably gets annoying at some point.