Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Having a conversation until he began twirling the hammer in obvious build up to throwing it. He twirls, she raises her hand. Its more like aim dodging the hammer instead of.... Hammer timing it.... Hehehe. As revealed by the old paintings she exposed, she used to own Mjolnir or at least saw it being used. She would have the smarts to know him twirling it meant "gonna throw". Straight into her outstretched arm. Nevermindiing again that Mjolnir has always moved at speeds visible to the naked eye.

Hela is not fast. Well, I mean she is but only like Jackie Chan fast. She has good agility certainly, but performed no better than say mcu Cap America. She can rough up loads of typical slow asgardians just fine. Where is her speed coming from? Please don't say mjolnir ;p

She is mega durable but not durable enough imo to survive getting her brain cut in half by a sword capable of easily severing limbs off of Doomsday. Maybe she could heal? But I tend to disagree with brain heal stuff. To quote Magic the Gathering on Planeswalkers: If I can think, I can heal. Even if she DOES heal from getting her head split down the middle, which I personally doubt, it would still give them time to wrap her up in the lasso for a 10 count.

She could probably throw some blades at bell start, sure. But WW melts storms of swords simply by walking forward. If she gets serious, she uses the bracers to pulse and deflect even more while supes with his actual speed closes distance and splits her skull using WW sword.
    Perhaps I communicated poorly regarding the speed thing. Hela is faster than Thor. She's nowhere near Wonder Woman's speed, but she's got enough to bring up a **** load of blades to bear to defend herself with to avoid any fatal blows.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    DCEU Superman has IN NO WAY AT ALL better durability and strength feats than MCU Thor. We've been over this so so so many times now.
    He survived a nuke in BvS after inhaling kryptonite gas twice.

Having a conversation until he began twirling the hammer in obvious build up to throwing it. He twirls, she raises her hand. Its more like aim dodging the hammer instead of.... Hammer timing it.... Hehehe. As revealed by the old paintings she exposed, she used to own Mjolnir or at least saw it being used. She would have the smarts to know him twirling it meant "gonna throw". Straight into her outstretched arm. Nevermindiing again that Mjolnir has always moved at speeds visible to the naked eye.

Hela is not fast. Well, I mean she is but only like Jackie Chan fast. She has good agility certainly, but performed no better than say mcu Cap America. She can rough up loads of typical slow asgardians just fine. Where is her speed coming from? Please don't say mjolnir ;p

She is mega durable but not durable enough imo to survive getting her brain cut in half by a sword capable of easily severing limbs off of Doomsday. Maybe she could heal? But I tend to disagree with brain heal stuff. To quote Magic the Gathering on Planeswalkers: If I can think, I can heal. Even if she DOES heal from getting her head split down the middle, which I personally doubt, it would still give them time to wrap her up in the lasso for a 10 count.

She could probably throw some blades at bell start, sure. But WW melts storms of swords simply by walking forward. If she gets serious, she uses the bracers to pulse and deflect even more while supes with his actual speed closes distance and splits her skull using WW sword.
    Her regen does not seem to prevent damage, it just lets her survive it. she still feels the hit, even in the final fight Valkyrie's sword got a few grunts of pain out of her.

As for her Asgard/non-Asgard feats, non-Asgard means no regen (it only happened when she got there) and no gigantic weapons like the stuff she was throwing at Surtur. You can see her react to her new power the second she arrives out of the bifrost, the change wasn't gradual.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I'll add my two cents on the Hela catching Mjolnir feat...Well, not the speed part.

I say it's legit. While I know that it's reveal Hela was the former owner of Mjolnir...They never made it a point as that being the reasoning her hand wasn’t reduced to paste and then shatter the hammer. I feel like that's really giving the film too much credit. I would be fine if Hela made a small dialogue about owning Mjolnir during the whole catch/destroy scene, but to me Thor threw that hammer with intent to kill and she went haha nope. Not to mention it's been ages since she last used Mjolnir and Odin just added the worthiness enchantment in the first Thor film...And Hela is so not worthy but yeah, going way off on my point here.

I know that's not really the focus about that feat (as we're concern if Mjolnir was thrown that fast than if Hela's prior experience made that feat a little lowballed) but I've been seeing this part popping up in places. Think like the scene of the Avengers debating if Vision really is worthy or since being a machine, he doesn’t count talk.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 11-10-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Here’s an idea: what if Odin’s enchantment on Mjolnir wasn’t always a thing? What if the first time he enchanted it was when we saw him do it in the first Thor movie? If so, then maybe he did that because Thor’s recklessness reminded him of his genocidal firstborn. Fun idea.

Also if you look closely after Hela caught Mjolnir, the hammer was vibrating, the strap at its hilt straighten—like it was trying to accelerate forward but it couldn’t because Hela wouldn’t let it.

https://youtu.be/0lGV93jELzg
    The scene in question.

This Quicksilver, who made a habit of getting struck by bullets, managed to literally stop running, skid to a halt and change direction to grab the hammer mid sprint. Those are not comparable speeds imo at all, but I will let the scene speak for itself and let others decide.
    I’m going to clarify what I meant by comparable: in conjunction to Quicksilver moving at super speed, Mjolnir wasn’t a statue; in fact, Mjolnir’s travel speed, while not quite Quicksilver’s equal, was adequate enough to fast enough to attract Quicksilver’s curiosity. And, again, Mjolnir was fast enough to accelerate to the point it yanked Quicksilver away by surprise. Which means it can move pretty damn fast.

The hammer almost always moves at speeds plainly visible to the human eye.
    Technically speaking, so does Quicksilver and Wonder Woman. This is clearly not the case when they’re fighting, of course. But I digress; I think you’re being a little disingenuous here. Just because Mjolnir is moving at plainly visible speeds doesn’t mean we negate its really fast feats. Otherwise we can do the same to Wonder Woman.

Even if Mjolnir WAS super fast (it isnt) I would still be cautious calling it a good speed feat for Hela because he literally threw it straight into her hand. She would see him begin twirling it and just raise her arm.
    So you think Thor intentionally threw it into Hela’s hand? Like on purpose?

The only time Mjolnir seemed all that fast is when it was breaking orbit, but it had significant time to build momentum
    It took Mjolnir approximately 2 seconds to break orbit.

Ultimate Member

About the Mjolnir catching feat, folks need to re-watch that feat.

Hela reacted fast (I don't know how fast) and held with pure power.

The hammer was trying to move out of her (heh) hand (it was vibrating hard) and she casually held it in place. That means she "superceded" the worthiness enchantment (which Odin placed during the first Thor) and then crushed the hammer (which is another insane feat considering the durability of the hammer).

Hela's previous history with the hammer doesn't really come into play regarding her destroying Mjolnir.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Here’s an idea: what if Odin’s enchantment on Mjolnir wasn’t always a thing? What if the first time he enchanted it was when we saw him do it in the first Thor movie? If so, then maybe he did that because Thor’s recklessness reminded him of his genocidal firstborn. Fun idea.

Also if you look closely after Hela caught Mjolnir, the hammer was vibrating, the strap at its hilt straighten—like it was trying to accelerate forward but it couldn’t because Hela wouldn’t let it.

I’m going to clarify what I meant by comparable: in conjunction to Quicksilver moving at super speed, Mjolnir wasn’t a statue; in fact, Mjolnir’s travel speed, while not quite Quicksilver’s equal, was adequate enough to fast enough to attract Quicksilver’s curiosity. And, again, Mjolnir was fast enough to accelerate to the point it yanked Quicksilver away by surprise. Which means it can move pretty damn fast.

Technically speaking, so does Quicksilver and Wonder Woman. This is clearly not the case when they’re fighting, of course. But I digress; I think you’re being a little disingenuous here. Just because Mjolnir is moving at plainly visible speeds doesn’t mean we negate its really fast feats. Otherwise we can do the same to Wonder Woman.

So you think Thor intentionally threw it into Hela’s hand? Like on purpose?

It took Mjolnir approximately 2 seconds to break orbit.
    Odins enchantment wasn't always a thing he does it explicitly in Thor 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post

We go by feats, if you can track it with your eyes then it's not moving that fast. It's still pretty fast but not nowhere near people are making it out to be. Same thing with WW .

I saw Thor 3, but what feats does Hela have to endure/overcome a speedblitz from both Wonder Woman and Superman? Her daggers are tough, but I'm not sure they can stop both Superman and Wonder Woman. Can they even pierce Superman's skin?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Storms of swords are blocked/disintegrated by WW from her just standing there. If she puts her bracers together, there go even more getting pulsed back. She prevents helas offense while supes takes the sword and splits her head in half. She's a beast, but they have the right combo here
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    We go by feats, if you can track it with your eyes then it's not moving that fast. It's still pretty fast but not nowhere near people are making it out to be. Same thing with WW .
    Yea we go by feats, but we don't generally "eyeball" it, from what I remember. There's at least some measure of appraisal.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea we go by feats, but we don't generally "eyeball" it, from what I remember. There's at least some measure of appraisal.
    That's true to an extent. I mean Hela didn't hold up her any more quickly than the average person. And there is no other speed feat to talk about. At least with WW we see slow motion shots where she actively moves herself away from the bullets or deflects them.

You know I've been thinking,

For the Mjolnir shattering feat, I believe she did that by using some unknown hax method, since she was it's original owner.

If the Mjolnir crushing was a case of pure strength, then she could have one-shoted Thor effortlessly. Which clearly wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
    You know I've been thinking,

For the Mjolnir shattering feat, I believe she did that by using some unknown hax method, since she was it's original owner.

If the Mjolnir crushing was a case of pure strength, then she could have one-shoted Thor effortlessly. Which clearly wasn't the case.
    There's nothing to note that this is remotely a thing.

Especially considering Odin changed Mjolnir after she was sealed away. Not to mention Odin sealed her away after she started surpassing him in power, and then LATER said that Thor was stronger than he was as well. So if you follow the timeline; Hela is stronger than Odin before getting powered up by being on Asgard, she shatters the hammer at this point. Once she gets to Asgard, she gets stronger. Thor, after spending time on Sakaar and getting the thunder-up, or whatever, surpasses Odin as well. So when they meet again, Thor puts up a ... less than stellar performance against Hela, who pretty much manhandles him, but doesn't die because he's also stronger than he was previously.

Not to mention the guy's durability > strength. Kurse walloped him, but didn't mess him up overmuch, shrugged off a city (or part of one) blowing up in his face, etc.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I saw Thor 3, but what feats does Hela have to endure/overcome a speedblitz from both Wonder Woman and Superman? Her daggers are tough, but I'm not sure they can stop both Superman and Wonder Woman. Can they even pierce Superman's skin?
    Her blades have absolutely no problem at all penetrating Thor (pre SSJ2), and Thor's durability is AT LEAST as high as Clark's by feats (Kurse, Hulk, etc.). And we have no reason at all to assume that Thor has any kind of compartamentalized durability. He does seem to gain some level of enhanced durability and healing factor with his SSJ2 powerup - notably, he was most definitely badly hurt by Hela's disembowel stroke, but once the powerup hit, he was completely functional again.