Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I'll add my two cents on the Hela catching Mjolnir feat...Well, not the speed part.

I say it's legit. While I know that it's reveal Hela was the former owner of Mjolnir...They never made it a point as that being the reasoning her hand wasn’t reduced to paste and then shatter the hammer. I feel like that's really giving the film too much credit. I would be fine if Hela made a small dialogue about owning Mjolnir during the whole catch/destroy scene, but to me Thor threw that hammer with intent to kill and she went haha nope. Not to mention it's been ages since she last used Mjolnir and Odin just added the worthiness enchantment in the first Thor film...And Hela is so not worthy but yeah, going way off on my point here.

I know that's not really the focus about that feat (as we're concern if Mjolnir was thrown that fast than if Hela's prior experience made that feat a little lowballed) but I've been seeing this part popping up in places. Think like the scene of the Avengers debating if Vision really is worthy or since being a machine, he doesn’t count talk.
    I'm glad someone brought up the hammer, I was about to make a thread to discuss it. I really don't think it can be counted as a feat of durability or strength, because when you look at what she did...

Look at the leather loop. It's not falling, it's acting like the hammer is still moving. And it was doing that the whole time she held it. I think she was exerting some kind of power over it, but something specific to the hammer itself, and not applicable to other weapons or enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Her blades have absolutely no problem at all penetrating Thor (pre SSJ2), and Thor's durability is AT LEAST as high as Clark's by feats (Kurse, Hulk, etc.). And we have no reason at all to assume that Thor has any kind of compartamentalized durability. He does seem to gain some level of enhanced durability and healing factor with his SSJ2 powerup - notably, he was most definitely badly hurt by Hela's disembowel stroke, but once the powerup hit, he was completely functional again.
    I wouldn't put Kurse, Hulk or Sokovia on the same level as a nuke to the face after two doses of kryptonite gas and getting beat on by Doomsday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    I wouldn't put Kurse, Hulk or Sokovia on the same level as a nuke to the face after two doses of kryptonite gas and getting beat on by Doomsday.
    By the time he was fighting Doomsday the kryptonite had worn off. So it's not like his durability was weakened at that point.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    By the time he was fighting Doomsday the kryptonite had worn off. So it's not like his durability was weakened at that point.
    I'd say his durability was definitely still weakened when he took on Doomsday, as you can still clearly see the cut on his cheek administered by batman with the K-spear when he's holding DD on place for the nuke.

Compare this to when he got powered up by in space by the sun, when he returns to earth the cheek cut is gone completely. Sure DD kills him just fine but that's only because he's near Kryptonite again.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    I'd say his durability was definitely still weakened when he took on Doomsday, as you can still clearly see the cut on his cheek administered by batman with the K-spear when he's holding DD on place for the nuke.

Compare this to when he got powered up by in space by the sun, when he returns to earth the cheek cut is gone completely. Sure DD kills him just fine but that's only because he's near Kryptonite again.
    To be fair, he needed the sun boost to recover from the damage he got from the nuke, so healing the cut on his cheek would probably have been done while his body was fixing up the much more severe White-Walkerization from the nuke.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 11-12-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Look at the leather loop. It's not falling, it's acting like the hammer is still moving. And it was doing that the whole time she held it. I think she was exerting some kind of power over it, but something specific to the hammer itself, and not applicable to other weapons or enemies.
    I hear what tou’re saying, but that’s head-canon. One could just as easily interpret the loop as just the filmaker’s way of indicating that the hammer is still trying to move, rather than just being palmed like a basketball. Bottom line is that what we actually see on screen it Hela stopping it and crushing with her physical hand—no special magic or energy officially on-screen.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, he needed the sun boost to recover from the damage he got from the nuke, so healing the cut on his cheek would probably have been done while his body was fixing up the much more severe White-Walkerization from the nuke.
    Yeah, The cheek wound beung healed was part of the solar charge healing, I agree, but I think the fact that the wound was there before the nuke hit shows that clark wasn't at full strength yet when the nuke hit. Otherwise he'd have healed it already.

Ultimate Member

I'm glad someone brought up the hammer, I was about to make a thread to discuss it. I really don't think it can be counted as a feat of durability or strength, because when you look at what she did...

That looks like the hammer is trying move and she's forcing it to stay in place.

About Thor's durability. It is below Superman's. In the Kurse fight, he was visible damaged(had cuts, bleeding etc) after kurse threw that big rock towards him. And vs Ultron, again he was cut and bruised after Ultron hit him with those rocks. While Thor is very durable, his durability is far less than Superman.

Heck, even after Superman took the nuke at point blank, his skin was perfectly fine, he was skinny, i presume because of the huge radiation overload. The shockwave proly koed him and the radiation sapped his body. So,i have a hard time seeing Hela fataling wounding Superman with those blades of hers. Even the ones she used on Surtur r iffy, since Surtur is basically living magma, so he proly has low piercing resistance. Not like those giant spikes slowed him down or anything, so Surtur is still OP.

And, u need to take in account that Superman is much stronger than Hela, considering Superman was casually pulling a 10-20 k thousand ton ship through solid ice, and prevented tectonic plates movement.

Now, ofc, Hela is much more skilled fighter, so Superman would have a hard time with her. But since this is WW and Superman vs Hela, WW decapitates her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by buutenks View Post
    About Thor's durability. It is below Superman's. In the Kurse fight, he was visible damaged(had cuts, bleeding etc) after kurse threw that big rock towards him. And vs Ultron, again he was cut and bruised after Ultron hit him with those rocks. While Thor is very durable, his durability is far less than Superman.

Heck, even after Superman took the nuke at point blank, his skin was perfectly fine, he was skinny, i presume because of the huge radiation overload. The shockwave proly koed him and the radiation sapped his body. So,i have a hard time seeing Hela fataling wounding Superman with those blades of hers. Even the ones she used on Surtur r iffy, since Surtur is basically living magma, so he proly has low piercing resistance. Not like those giant spikes slowed him down or anything, so Surtur is still OP.

And, u need to take in account that Superman is much stronger than Hela, considering Superman was casually pulling a 10-20 k thousand ton ship through solid ice, and prevented tectonic plates movement.

Now, ofc, Hela is much more skilled fighter, so Superman would have a hard time with her. But since this is WW and Superman vs Hela, WW decapitates her.
    I can't see Superman casually crushing Mjolnir so no Superman can't be stronger than Hela.

And if those blades can casually pierce Thor's and Surtur's body (the Surtur that Hulk couldn't even hurt at the end), they will definitely pierce Superman and Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I can't see Superman casually crushing Mjolnir so no Superman can't be stronger than Hela.

And if those blades can casually pierce Thor's and Surtur's body (the Surtur that Hulk couldn't even hurt at the end), they will definitely pierce Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Which is a moot point because those blades will just disintegrated or be deflected just by WW being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

What's the best durability feat for mcu mjolnir?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Which is a moot point because those blades will just disintegrated or be deflected just by WW being there.
    Why will they disintegrate by WW being there?

Those blades function as an AOE attack and Hela can still move around while she's throwing them out (as she did when she laid waste to the Asgardian army).
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-12-2017 at 11:31 PM.

And why would blades sharp and durable enough to penetrate Thor be disintegrated by WW? Or to put it another way, what feats do Ares' blades have that have them cutting things as durable as Thor and Giant Surtr?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

You keep going on about this, but it's kind of ridiculous. Wondy has a feat for causing what is effectively scrap metal to be bounced and smashed. Hela's blades trivially go through Asgardian armor, Asgardians, and oh yeah THOR without smashing or breaking or anything else. One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just isn't the same. One of these things is not like the other, now it's time to play our game, it's time to play our game. In addition, she never remotely shows the ability to do that to bullets, having to block them with bracers or with a shield. If just standing there would stop Hela's blades, why would she have to block bullets? Since we know that bullets wouldn't even scratch Thor...