Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are CBR Members (for the most part) nice?

New member here. I started my first thread about the best Metal oneshot. While there was no consensus and opinions varied, nobody got slammed. We all know comics fandom is full of awesome people. But, the internet seems to be populated by a majority of argumentative people-hating trolls.
    My question is: Have I stumbled upon a place where reasonable people discuss a mutually shared interest (maybe even obsession) in a courteous, logical manner? Or have I just not been around long enough?

In part we have the Mods to thank for keeping an eagle eye on what is going on. No Forum site is perfect, but for the most part I think the CBR is exceptional in regards to being able to talk to others with civility, without it devolving into a shouting match.

I've been with the CBR since 2004, so I have interacted with many people, have seen many things both good and bad. Then again, there was the Crisis of 2014. I'll let others talk about that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I'm of the old fashioned belief that being kind is more important than being nice often.

What was the Crisis of '14?!?!

Well...I just found the answer in Wikipedia. I certainly glad CBR has cleaned things up.

Who wants to know?

BANNED

I would say better than the other comic site?

Like anywhere else in the internet, avoid the rabble rousers and rabble rousing and you'll be fine
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Yes

CBR is like any other segment of the world, and for the most part people in general are nice. The vast, VAST majority of people are nice and good. It's just a shame we often remember the horrible ones, even though they are the few.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Though I dont wanna anybody to be banned because sometimes we get out of control or we just wanna express or we just wanna say something which we think is ok to say but is not.

But the mods are pretty much doing a good job,

Ya it's cool round here. I've only had people be rude to me about three times in the 15+ years I've been coming here.

I like to think that the CBR Forums are the most civilised of the various comic book related message boards out there.
    I really do appreciate the work that the Mod Squad does, looking over literally hundreds of posts each day in a bid to keep discussions on track and behaviour within the guidelines.
    Is this place perfect? No, of course not. Nowhere is. Yet if you behave in a reasonably civilised manner then you're more than welcome.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

I mean, the great majority, but every once in a while, this guy shows up:
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I spend more time here then Facebook.

Have been here for like two months and i love this forum. People are mostly nice. Some are really polite. I can discuss stuff i love in a civilised way with others. There are disagreements but they never get unpleasant. A very good job by the mods. And the people here are cooperating to maintain a really good atmosphere. For a fan who simply wants to share and discuss its the best place i can think of right now.

For the short time I've been on here, I've seen mostly a lot of nice people.
    Though certain things do try a lot of people's patience. But that goes for everyone. Personally, I try to be respectful and nice. Sometimes I might throw out a little dig meant to be light-hearted, but that's it.