Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I am just glad he is actually using Morrison's run a bit instead of just ignoring it and doing this well pretending we had not seen Barbatos name pop up just a few years ago.
    I have mixed feelings on Snyder using/coopting Morrison's run overarc for his own run's overarc. On one hand, it's a little unoriginal/too derivative/feels almost stealing-ish. On another, I do like Snyder enough and I love Morrison's run and even Snyder treading on it or spinning it doesn't perhaps disrespect it or dilute it or whatever. I'm sure Snyder would say he's "celebrating it" or whatever, but I don't know. Just weird that Snyder would want to use Barbatos in such a big way when his run came right after Morrison's that used Barbatos (and Morrison kinda suggested and meant that Barbatos wasn't a real thing/being (apart from misconception by humans, which I'm sure Grant wanted to highlight how those happen with myth vs reality, that interplay).

Maybe it's just a crazy coincidence that both Morrison and Snyder wanted to mine the Milligan Barbatos tale, but I don't know. Weird.

Part of my struggle with the issue is that the end of Morrison's run (Inc) is sorta kinda a mild diss of the Snyder era of Batman comics (not just Snyder perhaps, but he was shaping the overall tone and wave and trend).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-09-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”