Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty3w View Post
    Judging by the cover, Barbatos is going to invade a library in Metal#4. According to Wikipedia:

Assuming it is Lucien's library, why would Barbatos wants to destory unwritten books?
    Pobably because some of those dream's books are full of potential ideas, either for him to use to conquer the whole multiverse, or for peoples to stop him. Barbatos was known by some peoples for thousands of years. Some have to have dreamt to write book about him, books telling how to push him away, perhaps even destroy him. If Batman, Superman and possibly Cyborg manage to reach out to Dream and learn of all those things, Barbatos may be in danger.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Pobably because some of those dream's books are full of potential ideas, either for him to use to conquer the whole multiverse, or for peoples to stop him. Barbatos was known by some peoples for thousands of years. Some have to have dreamt to write book about him, books telling how to push him away, perhaps even destroy him. If Batman, Superman and possibly Cyborg manage to reach out to Dream and learn of all those things, Barbatos may be in danger.
    https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...86551177007104
    I suspect Snyder will go full Morrison and let Barbatos burn comicbooks.
    Last edited by qwerty3w; 11-13-2017 at 06:00 PM.

This was awful. Like a bad version of Joss Whedon's episode of Buffy Restless
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    This was a fantastic and enjoyable issue. Great to see the purple gloves again.
    And the Bat-trunks.

Spectacular Member

good issue

Did we ever find out why wonder woman appeared �

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Well.

"The truth is, you are nothing without me. You are plain. Less then plain."

Screw you, Barbatos. The idea that he made Bruce Wayne into Batman for his own selfish reasons, and that the Batmen from the dark multiverse are the real deal, what Batman would be without Barbatos's "help"... it's vile. And I don't believe it. Not saying this is a bad story, because it's a very good story that introduces things that so far have only been hinted at in Metal. I just don't believe Barbatos.

But the whole thing does feel like "Batman," sort of. Bruce Wayne is a guy who suffered terrible tragedy, but instead of letting it break him he somehow transformed the pain into motivation to make himself a hero. He ripped light out of the darkness, and now Barbados is that darkness trying to snuff the light out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Heh, I think Bruce would appreciate how much he resembles his father in his old age...
    I'm sure this was also intentional on Miller's part, but my first thought was that he resembled the Bruce from the beginning of "Return of the Dark Knight."

I kinda love that the whole "batgod" thing might actually have an in-story explanation. I'm sure it won't be explicitly stated "this is where Barbatos helped Batman in such-and-such issue of JLA" or whatever, but it's a fun meta-commentary nonetheless... I like that Batman has now followed Moon Knight where they keep it vague whether or not there was divine intervention in his life and that it's up to us to decide.