Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Aside from being a useless detail that contradicts what we know but will most likely never be brought up again ever anyways, Im still trying to figuire out if Tim 'cured' the spur by (im presuming) knocking his staff against the spurs growth. Or if he was just pointing it out, painfully, and Jason still has a hospital trip and surgery ahead of him. :P
    I think he's just doing him a "favor" by pointing it out, the alternative is just too ridiculous. Of course, this is Tynion, and this is Tim Drake.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Maybe the reason Jason lost his leg after fighting 100 mystical assassins was because bone spur and thanks to Future Tim, Jason retroactively won`t have that uh...design flaw any longer.
    Based Tynion and Future Tim. Saving the Batfam one life hack at a time.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Based Tynion and Future Tim. Saving the Batfam one life hack at a time.
    Hahaha, I love it!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure that you can't cure a bone spur by whacking it with a stick. It seems like it might make it worse, if anything. It reminds me of that really stupid scene in The Dark Knight Rises where Bruce fixes his broken back by being yanked around on a bit of rope.

This looks really stupid. I'm so ready for this arc to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    It reminds me of that really stupid scene in The Dark Knight Rises where Bruce fixes his broken back by being yanked around on a bit of rope.
    His back wasn't broken, it was dislocated. And he didn't heal overnight.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    His back wasn't broken, it was dislocated. And he didn't heal overnight.
    That's kind of pedantic. It wouldn't cure a dislocated back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    That's kind of pedantic. It wouldn't cure a dislocated back either.
    It very well could, actually. It's not the best option by any stretch, but as long as he didn't have anything actually broken, all that would be happening is gravity slowly setting things back in place. It's not implausible at all.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It very well could, actually. It's not the best option by any stretch, but as long as he didn't have anything actually broken, all that would be happening is gravity slowly setting things back in place. It's not implausible at all.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I find it very implausible.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I'm so tempted to give this a miss but then it won't be complete.

BANNED

Quite a lot of anger over this for some reason.

I quite like it tbh and I dont think there's anything inherently wrong with any of it, because we are dealing with a future Tim Drake of a defunct time-line.
    Like think back to the origins of this character, this Tim came into being after his/Johns Teen Titans disbanded, fractured and eventually came together again after the death of Superboy and later the Justice League. That timeline was originally erased when the Teen Titans decided to stick together at the tipping point when the other timeline would have begun. But another version of that timeline returned later on anyway as a last ditch attempt to save itself. You have 2 or maybe 3 massive reality shattering events on top of 2-3 different timelines.

My point is that the Tim-hole Batman we have here now, may be of a timeline where everything he says is true. Does Jason have unhealed bonespurs or the Trumps? In future Tim's time he may have, because we dont know how long that Jason was a captive of the Joker before he was killed (it might have been like in Arkham Knight where he seemed to hold him for months before actually killing him) and the bonespurs might have healed before he was killed. Does the Lazarus Pits work differently in Tim's world? Maybe, but what the Pits do and don't changes quite often it seems. And when he hits Jason... well even if there aren't any spurs there now, a kidney-shot like that is going to hurt regardless.

As for Damian, well, considering how often Damian turns out as bad as this Tim in the future and that Tim and Damian had at best a strained relationship with each other, this harder and colder Tim would have returned to his old views of Damian pretty quickly... and lets not forget that even nice Tim in the past filed Damian along with all the villains. Not to mention, the 'kill on sight' line, is something I think Tynion is channelling fan-rage from back when Damian seemed to be moving into everything Tim had established himself in.
    It's a good point however some made that Tim is referring to Jon, as the Kent-kid, and not Conner (as I thought). Since Tim actually managed to clone Conner who became the Superman of his timeline, and will be coming over soon along with Cassandra and whoever else is still on that Titans Tomorrow team. Since if Damian killed Conner, and not Prime, I'd imagine future Tim would be trying to kill him more than he wants to kill Batwoman.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Quite a lot of anger over this for some reason.

I quite like it tbh and I dont think there's anything inherently wrong with any of it, because we are dealing with a future Tim Drake of a defunct time-line.
    Like think back to the origins of this character, this Tim came into being after his/Johns Teen Titans disbanded, fractured and eventually came together again after the death of Superboy and later the Justice League. That timeline was originally erased when the Teen Titans decided to stick together at the tipping point when the other timeline would have begun. But another version of that timeline returned later on anyway as a last ditch attempt to save itself. You have 2 or maybe 3 massive reality shattering events on top of 2-3 different timelines.

My point is that the Tim-hole Batman we have here now, may be of a timeline where everything he says is true. Does Jason have unhealed bonespurs or the Trumps? In future Tim's time he may have, because we dont know how long that Jason was a captive of the Joker before he was killed (it might have been like in Arkham Knight where he seemed to hold him for months before actually killing him) and the bonespurs might have healed before he was killed. Does the Lazarus Pits work differently in Tim's world? Maybe, but what the Pits do and don't changes quite often it seems. And when he hits Jason... well even if there aren't any spurs there now, a kidney-shot like that is going to hurt regardless.

As for Damian, well, considering how often Damian turns out as bad as this Tim in the future and that Tim and Damian had at best a strained relationship with each other, this harder and colder Tim would have returned to his old views of Damian pretty quickly... and lets not forget that even nice Tim in the past filed Damian along with all the villains. Not to mention, the 'kill on sight' line, is something I think Tynion is channelling fan-rage from back when Damian seemed to be moving into everything Tim had established himself in.
    It's a good point however some made that Tim is referring to Jon, as the Kent-kid, and not Conner (as I thought). Since Tim actually managed to clone Conner who became the Superman of his timeline, and will be coming over soon along with Cassandra and whoever else is still on that Titans Tomorrow team. Since if Damian killed Conner, and not Prime, I'd imagine future Tim would be trying to kill him more than he wants to kill Batwoman.
    Why channel fan rage from nearly 10 years ago? I'm curious is there financial gain in dividing bases? On another thread I was calling out Tim fans for trolling Damian threads and wondering why some still hold on to this hate. I guess writing like this fuels it.

Damian isn't about to get unseated by Tim so that rage isn't going to do anything but fester and amount to nought. Red Robin was cathartic for me [at the time] because i got to experience what was being set up for Tim. As son and heir.

That kid from the first pages is so freaking annoying that I can't wait for him to be taken down already.

And Damian corrupted Jon? I can't say I'm surprised and the blame lays with you Clarky for letting your kid hang out with entitled brat like Damian.

The bone spur would have made more sense if it happened post Red Hood instead of being old injury from the joker because no way the pit wouldn't have healed it (tho, I do think it's funny how hard some of you trying to make an excuse for it because I don't think Tynion put much thoughts in it nor I think it worth getting mad about), but oh well it's nice of Timmy boy to tell him about it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Maybe the reason Jason lost his leg after fighting 100 mystical assassins was because bone spur and thanks to Future Tim, Jason retroactively won`t have that uh...design flaw any longer.

This made me laugh.

It could be. It's make the fact that he fought 100 assassins with injury and still come out of it alive even more impressive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Why channel fan rage from nearly 10 years ago? I'm curious is there financial gain in dividing bases? On another thread I was calling out Tim fans for trolling Damian threads and wondering why some still hold on to this hate. I guess writing like this fuels it.

Damian isn't about to get unseated by Tim so that rage isn't going to do anything but fester and amount to nought. Red Robin was cathartic for me [at the time] because i got to experience what was being set up for Tim. As son and heir.
    I would say that the bases were always divided and the original split never truly healed. I guess they hold onto it because the original reasons were never truly mended... Damian showed up, Bruce 'died', Tim was practically booted out of the cave and even when Bruce came back, it didn't feel like it was properly resolved from the perspective of Tim's fans. It was brought to new life with the New 52 and all that crap about Tim simply being somekind of short-lived intern in the Batcave and almost completely detached from it the same way Jason had become. I know atleast that back then I saw it as Damian and Dick being considered the only 'proper' Robins of the new timeline, while Tim and Jason were the outcasts. It didn't help either that DC seemed to try and force people to like Damian by basically putting him into other places and positions Tim had operated in... especially in regards to the Teen Titans, both times mostly composed of people who have been more Tim's friends than they have been Damians.

But telling fans to just 'get over it' isn't going to be helpful. Plus eventually all of Damian's fans might end up in the same situation when someone new moves into the cave. And you shouldn't say 'never' in this case... since Hal Jordan turned evil and died while being replaced by Kyle Rayner, but concentrated fan-rage brought Jordan back to life and reinstalled as the main Green Lantern. Dick isn't going to return to being Robin obviously, and Jason has carved out his own path as Red Hood (plus his Robin-days were hardly memorable), Tim is the only one that was 'terminated' and still retains the Robin name to a degree... so he might make a return one day. (Come to think of it... which name does he actually go by in Tec?)

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    and Jason has carved out his own path as Red Hood (plus his Robin-days were hardly memorable)
    It's to me. I liked his time as Robin much more than the rest and he has the best origin as far as I'm concerned.

I don't want to be involved in this discussion, but I have to say that Damian at least never disrespected the career of his predecessor like Tim did or shat all over him and make up lies to make him look better. They tried to make Tim move on from being Robin multiple times and DC did actually cared enough about him, but they were simply not successful.