Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I was thinking that when I finished it, no Steph! The arc didn't fix anything aside from giving us Tim back. I think being in a team book like this he's not going to get the attention he needs to be completely fixed. I'd love for he and Steph to get a book of their own. Send them off to college.
    Yeah, I don't hate the arc, but it doesn't really deliver very much resolution. The problem with trying to do a 66-issue arc is at some point, you're going to have to start delivering some resolution and satisfaction, and so far, Tynion hasn't been very reliable at doing that in long arcs (I'm speaking here of the two Eternals, which as everyone knows, I adore, but the endings of both are not their strongest parts).

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Well I voted with my dollar and I was conned. I paid for Steph and got stiffed.
    I mean, I would have bought the book anyway, since I love Tec, but I am very disappointed.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Anyway I hope this is the last i see these 3 [Dick, Damian and Jason] in Tec I'll take my Robin team ups under a more neutral writer with some level of restraint.
    I've yet to see any writer who can really write a good Robin team-up in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I know it's petty, and I enjoyed a lot of this arc, but I'm really irritated that Steph was on the cover but only mentioned in the book.
    I was not sure if I wanted see ULTRAtomorrow batman victory against all the batfamily... and steph was here less than I imaginated, only mentioned for this character.. Damn, cover..

Fortunatelly, I leave behind this chapter.. and Tynion said that she will be in the next chapter..

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I'd love for he and Steph to get a book of their own. Send them off to college.
    +1... I want one Steph comic, even if this book is about Steph/Cass/Tim.. For example Young Gotham Justice, Young Gotham Knights..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-09-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Well it's not just you and LadyNightwing.

From comicvine

LPOL is the worst arc Tynion has ever written period. Its worse than LOS, its even worse than his Red Hood.

It has ALL Tynionisms on display, that's quite the accomplishment.

We never find out why Oz was interested in Drake or why he was kidnapped and kept. NOTHING on that front. In short the entire purpose of this arc was literally just to engage in blatant wanking because there is no other story. There are no Rebirth connections, there's no big mystery or payoff here. Action Comics completely ignored this arc and the recent issue even sort of contradicts Tec. TDKR wanked Bruce but there is a story there, there's a story in Tower of Babel but there's none here. If you're like one of the 2 fans of Johns Titans of Tomorrow Tim then maybe you'll like this arc cause "teh battle forums feats".

Meanwhile Tim beats up the Robins and Bruce and brags about it. Brother Eye hacks everything and more such stupidity. But then Brother Eye stops hacking cause Belfry is too cool to be hacked and then adult Tim gets his ass kicked by young Tim and Kate Kane of all people. So now Kate > Bruce + Dick + Jason + Damian.

Then he literally just vanishes and the arcs concludes with that, the end.

While I agree that this arc was BS i missed some other arcs so can't say for sure it's Tec's worst. Though its the most stupid thing I've read in Rebirth.
    BIG MISTAKE.. Fortunatelly, I havenīt see the ending..

No not all but that panel of Tim fight Bruce and the robin's was astonishing. I agree that a character should shine in their title but that was something else.

Anyway I hope this is the last i see these 3 [Dick, Damian and Jason] in Tec I'll take my Robin team ups under a more neutral writer with some level of restraint.
    Like you, I prefer these 3 out...

Even if I donīt like see Damian in Batman, King showed the Dick-Damian relation, I saw one image of the last chapter with the 2 brothers..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-09-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've yet to see any writer who can really write a good Robin team-up in my opinion.
    I enjoyed King's take though they were occ they were fun in a not serious throw away manner. He's the closest but I don't trust him with Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The Bennett here is Joe Bennett, the artist.

Oh wow. That's not the case at all. This person is failing to account for those time fluctuation things; they certainly don't look very pleasant, and Bat!Tim goes through three of them before that final fight. Is it really unreasonable to think that those took a lot out of him?
    I think the last ... time fluctuation? I dont know how to call it, but that weird thing that happened to future Tim with his reality taking him might have weakened him and, also, as he was short on time, he jumped desperately, giving an advantage that Kate and Tim used in their favor
    Last edited by Chubistian; 11-09-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I think the last ... time fluctuation? I dont know how to call it, but that weird thing that happened to future Tim with his reality taking him might have weakened him and, also, as he was short on time, he jumped desperately, giving an advantage that Kate and Tim used in their favor
    That's exactly what happened.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    BIG MISTAKE.. Fortunatelly, I havenīt see the ending..

Like you, I prefer these 3 out...

Even if I donīt like see Damian in Batman, King showed the Dick-Damian relation, I saw one image of the last chapter with the 2 brothers..
    He's great with Dick and Damian but I don't want Damian in King's Batman. His Batman isn't the best.

I enjoyed King's take though they were occ they were fun in a not serious throw away manner. He's the closest but I don't trust him with Jason.
    I had still to see a writter that can had 3 or 4 Robins together and not feel like tumblr fanfic

Extraordinary Member

Tomasi might be a good choice for something like that, he had good runs with Dick and Damian and Arkham Knight Genesis was imo also decent, thats allready 3 out of 4. He just needs to mange to balance them properly when he writes them together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I had still to see a writter that can had 3 or 4 Robins together and not feel like tumblr fanfic
    I'd say Snyder and Higgens with Gates of Gotham, but the three Robins in that story almost never were in the same scene, the four characters always paired off in duos.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Tomasi might be a good choice for something like that, he had good runs with Dick and Damian and Arkham Knight Genesis was imo also decent, thats allready 3 out of 4. He just needs to mange to balance them properly when he writes them together.
    He also needs to never come near the Bat Books again. Seriously, give him a "Robins" book, and I guarantee you he'd just give Cass fans more reasons to be pissed.

@Assam we WERE talking about a Robins book.

@Aahz Tomasi's Batman and Robin was great but the one negative was not much Dick Grayson. I know his Nightwing run was good but I would still take King over him because King's Dd makes my heart melt, his Duke is Sassy, His Jason Damian banter is on point and most important of all they feel like brothers

BANNED

@Assam we WERE talking about a Robins book.
    I'm aware.

Fantastic Member

I would be fine with Tomasi writing a Robin's book; I don't need the other bat family members to be in it but once in a blue moon. I don't want Babs in it I don't Duke in it, I don't even want to see Batman frequently in it. Just let it be the robins. Tim, Jason, Dick, and Damian that's it. There is more enough story potential between those four no one else is needed.
    Last edited by reni344; 11-09-2017 at 12:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'd say Snyder and Higgens with Gates of Gotham, but the three Robins in that story almost never were in the same scene, the four characters always paired off in duos.

He also needs to never come near the Bat Books again. Seriously, give him a "Robins" book, and I guarantee you he'd just give Cass fans more reasons to be pissed.
    What did Tomasi do with Cass that pissed you off so much?