Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I don't think that counts as an injury. Going by that logic, anyone who gets Pitted would have every physical defect fixed, and I've never heard of that being the case.
    But if Bone Spurs are caused by an illness which in most cases they are wouldn't the Lazarus Pit cure the illness that causes the Bone Spurs?

I don't think that counts as an injury. Going by that logic, anyone who gets Pitted would have every physical defect fixed, and I've never heard of that being the case.
    He got rekt with a crowbar tho. P sure any direct consequences of that counts as injury. Like, if it was a birth defect or something idk but eh. I think I remember Pit fixing crooked teeth but most likely I'm mixing up with fanfics bc now THAT doesn't make much sense. I also saw it used to fix color blindness in fanfics and what? But genetics??? ? ??????

Mighty Member

But if it's from that injury why wouldn't it be healed when everything else was? It's easier to say it puts you in a healthy state before death than being selective about what it heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    But if it's from that injury why wouldn't it be healed when everything else was? It's easier to say it puts you in a healthy state before death than being selective about what it heals.
    It could be because it's not a problem yet, and only becomes one years later.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

It's a flaw. It doesn't have to be a problem. Pit even fixes childhood malnutrition, thus insta-growth spurts. And it fixes natural decay. Thus the returning youth. I think anything that's not genetic is good game. It couldn't do anything about Dusan's albino-ness iirc.

Mighty Member

It could be because it's not a problem yet, and only becomes one years later.
    I guess my problem is that there's no reason to think that when the pit has been shown to heal people just fine, even of things that might be a problem later. Which all injuries can be if not healed right. Why would it not heal this injury all the way when it fixes bigger and smaller things? Its a stupid thing put in for the sake of drama and not anything logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I guess my problem is that there's no reason to think that when the pit has been shown to heal people just fine, even of things that might be a problem later.
    Like what? I've never heard of this happening, of it being that granular.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Like what? I've never heard of this happening, of it being that granular.
    We've never been shown that it doesn't, though, and I think with what we know about how extensive the Pit's rejuvenating effects are it's easy to assume that it would.

Especially if it's a physical ailment and the Pit is all about refreshing and reviving the body.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian shouldn't have anything to do with Jon. Damian isn't evil. He was conditioned and misguided but never bad. now he is a hero it seems that DC writers subscribe to the one drop rule. It's such lazy writing.
    Whatever happens to Jon it seems will have some effect or have something to do with Damian and vice versa. DC seems to be positioning the two as a duo. Whenever we learn something about Jon’s future, Damian is also mentioned. I do agree though that it’s just lazy writing with the Damian goes bad in the future. It’s like, “Oh, all that character development Damian gets? Well it goes to hell and he regresses.”

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    .. I remember the last arc of JUSTICE LEAGUE.. They were better deaths as cools heroes(according Hunter) than this... Even Batman Beyond Damian is a good/neutral character..

Damian was doomed for batman 666 here, but I think that Jon problem(death of millions) will be only one hero mistake, before the Tomorrow Titans wanted the "PERFECT WORLD", they are another REGIME..
    Yeah they are taking it too far. There is no reason warning them wouldn’t be enough. Stories involving warnings from the future rarely have good reasons for not telling everyone the whole problem other than let’s create mystery and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We've never been shown that it doesn't, though, and I think with what we know about how extensive the Pit's rejuvenating effects are it's easy to assume that it would.

Especially if it's a physical ailment and the Pit is all about refreshing and reviving the body.
    Well, then why doesn't anyone who's Pitted come out with perfect eyesight? Or scar removal, or perfect teeth, or whatever? Or do they, and I just haven't seen it? A bone spur isn't that big a deal in its very early stages. I don't see why the Pit would bother with it.

Well, then why doesn't anyone who's Pitted come out with perfect eyesight? Or scar removal, or perfect teeth, or whatever? Or do they, and I just haven't seen it? A bone spur isn't that big a deal in its very early stages. I don't see why the Pit would bother with it.
    Who's to say it doesn't?

Most of the people who come out of the Pit usually come out in peak physical condition with any wounds or ailments they had prior to being put in gone by the time they come out. Not to mention it can also make them younger and restore their youth.

If the Pit restored Jason's body after Joker murdered him I don't think it would leave any imprint of whatever the Joker did to him aside from the mental scars (which it can't fix).

Pit deals with all imperfections(except crazies). That's why people emerge from it with baby butt smooth skin with even the insignificant, barely there as white line scars healed. Are we seriously gonna discuss whether it can heal an imperfection like a bone spur. That is induced by a beating?

It's just another way to pointlessly godmod Tim with spontaneous surgical intervention in the middle of a battle royale with a blunt staff on an armored opponent.

And is pit capable of sophisticated thinking like "oh small spur not my problem" "cavities? not my division" "U say the brain is shot? that's a job for the Pit-Laz" like it has a written checklish or user manual now? Pit doesn't "bother". It just DOES. Sheesh.
    Last edited by AlcorDee; 11-06-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcorDee View Post
    Pit deals with all imperfections(except crazies). That's why people emerge from it with baby butt smooth skin with even the insignificant, barely there as white line scars healed. Are we seriously gonna discuss whether it can heal an imperfection like a bone spur. That is induced by a beating?

It's just another way to pointlessly godmod Tim with spontaneous surgical intervention in the middle of a battle royale with a blunt staff on an armored opponent.
    And for something that's probably never going to be mentioned again .

That was a long disscusion, i thougth that was just EvilTim responding to Jason's sarcasm, i didn't thougth that was mean to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That was a long disscusion, i thougth that was just EvilTim responding to Jason's sarcasm, i didn't thougth that was mean to be taken seriously.
    EvilTim seems completely serious, so I don't think he was being sarcastic aside from the "you're welcome" bit.