Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

I've said this before, but at this point, I think Damian has more fans that Tim and Jason, but at the same time, he has more people who dislike him than Tim and Jason.
    I wouldn't go this far since every poll I have seen that included the robins had Damian being last and even official one from DC last year.

Damian is getting more exposure beccause he is the current Robin. After he move on from the mantle and has his own thing, we will see how truly popular and successful he is.
    Last edited by Rise; 11-07-2017 at 08:46 AM.

And I don't have anything against Tim myself or even the writers. I just think the whole "fans-rage" is quite ridiculous especially when your favourite was involved in the same thing you accuse others for.
    Some fans has selective memory or because they didn't knew much about his predecessor just didn't realized about it, personally i wasn't aware of the victim blaming until a year ago, when i reread that comic book era with more care.

Althought i had to said, thanks to Alan Grant, the transition of Tim as Robin was actually better handled that the one from Tim to Damian, didn't help that because of Grant Morrison didn't reveal what Tim discover in the mansion to make him thing that Bruce was alive make him look like a crazy asshole. At least before Dixon, we had Tim respecting Jason sacriffice and treating him like the hero that he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You realize that no one but Tynion would probably want to write that currently, yes?
    I think you'd be surprised...

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I wouldn't go this far since every poll I have seen that included the robins had Damian being last and even official one from DC last year.

Damian is getting more exposure beccause he is the current Robin. After he move on from the mantle and has his own thing, we will see how truly popular and successful he is.
    hmm do you have the link to that Dc one or any with a large test number. Curious to see it because really I tend to agree with Assam Damian has a lot of hate and by rights should struggle with sales but it's the opposite. I think the majority are silent and are on his side. I think Tim is something of a Dark Horse of the group.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-07-2017 at 09:54 AM.

I don't think anyone does. But even without Tim and Steph, you're left with pretty much the same cast we've had this whole year up until Lonely Place. And now Bette is even being added to the mix, with Harper potentially still on the table as well. 'Tec really is just too damn crowded.
    Where do you see Cass going?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    hmm do you have the link to that Dc one or any with a large test number. Curious to see it because really I tend to agree with Assam Damian has a lot of hate and by rights should struggle with sales but it's the opposite. I think the majority are silent and are on his side. I think Tim is something of a Dark Horse of the group.
    Here's one of those polls. I could link you to another if you like.

https://www.cbr.com/2015-top-100-dc-characters-100-1/

Dick was favored the most by fans of the Robin boys followed by Tim, then Damian, with Jason fourth.

This Robin tradition, the Teen Titans is bad for Damian... I was more happy with Robin:Son of Batman with Gleason..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This Robin tradition, the Teen Titans is bad for Damian... I was more happy with Robin:Son of Batman with Gleason..
    I agree 100%. TT has been bad for the Robin's in general as of late. First Tim in the New-52(who I feel got it worse), and now Damian.

I don't participate in this polls so I don't have saved datas in this device. It you are too curious, search DC account last year in Batman's day and you will find it. It had over 10k participates where Damian end up last and Tim third.

Tim has been Robin for such a long time that many grow up with him. He still has a soild fanbase.

And Jason was able to raise in popularity in such short time without any big push from DC. He definitely surpassed Tim and rivals Dick.

Damian isn't close to them.

BANNED

Where do you see Cass going?
    Being Realistic: She stays on the team or ends up in a book with Steph and Harper.
    Being Overly Optimistic: Her arc in Spring ends with her taking a new name, new costume and getting adopted, springboarding a mini for her.
    What I'd REALLY like to see: Tom Taylor and Marcio Takara on a solo ongoing. As I've elaborated on on Cass's thread, I feel she's the only one whose fanbase has actually grown from 'Tec, and I think she could still sell decently.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I agree 100%. TT has been bad for the Robin's in general as of late. First Tim in the New-52(who I feel got it worse), and now Damian.
    I never wanted this, Damian, Damian and Damian, I was interested in the rest of the team(now the same except BB and KF)... I donīt like this methods that only create HATERS.. But seems that Supersons is the opposite case, I heard that, I donīt know this because I leave that comic..

I imaginated something like in the films.. In the last Damian, even said in the last film that Starfire was a good leader..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-07-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Being Realistic: She stays on the team or ends up in a book with Steph and Harper.
    Unfortunatelly, I am realistic like you, if suddently Cass is in another book, I can only saw this...

Without Harper maybe your dream could come true.. Steph would continue in the same book with Tim..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-07-2017 at 10:59 AM.

I would say Tim has a pretty strong latent fanbase as well, we just don't really see the guy in 'TEC as the Tim we want to read about due to his over the top genius attributes and lack of emphasis on his peter parkeresque aspects that made him popular in the first place.

Tim carried a strong solo for about 15 years, that doesn't just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I would say Tim has a pretty strong latent fanbase as well, we just don't really see the guy in 'TEC as the Tim we want to read about due to his over the top genius attributes and lack of emphasis on his peter parkeresque aspects that made him popular in the first place.

Tim carried a strong solo for about 15 years, that doesn't just go away.
    That's what I mean by Tim being the Dark horse he was Robin for a generation that doesn't just go away. He might not be no1 for a lot of people but that fondness just doesn't fade away. Eg Tim was my no 2 for sometime Damian has taken that spot these days but Tim is a close 3rd and I'll gladly support anything with Tim Drake with my wallet. So while I might tick Dick as my favourite it doesn't mean I don't support others.

I think that Damian has gained a lot of new fans I mean his comics sell decent. I don't know how well his merch does but he has quite a few figures a year.
    Tim we'll have to see when his solo or a title he's carrying hits but I suspect he will do decent as well If I recall Red Robin and RSOB had similar numbers.They sold well

Dick is on a tier on to himself.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-07-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Being Overly Optimistic: Her arc in Spring ends with her taking a new name, new costume and getting adopted, springboarding a mini for her.
    What I'd REALLY like to see: Tom Taylor and Marcio Takara on a solo ongoing. As I've elaborated on on Cass's thread, I feel she's the only one whose fanbase has actually grown from 'Tec, and I think she could still sell decently.
    I'm not a fan of Bruce adopting any orphan he crosses but in Cass's case It would be strange if he doesn't adopt her since he is aware of her situation and they're working together. I didn't like lobdell tinkering with Jason's origin because now it's confusing and seem's like Bruce met this vulnerable child time and again before doing something about it

I do see a lot of love for Cass.