BANNED

Default Why is that Rob Liefeld getting the media praise in the X-men Deadpool ?

I mean Why in the world is LIEFELD getting all this praise and glory on the live action films of Deadpool and Cable when writers Louise Simonson and Fabian Nicieza wrote more stories based on these characters than LIEFELD ever worked on their artistic styles ?

I mean I know Rob Liefeld is the co-creator to Deadpool and Cable, but it takes a writer to make them speak. SO why aren't the writers of these characters getting the chance to speak out about seeing these live action films or making a cameo appearances in the upcoming Deadpool 2 sequel ?

As fans of the characters and given Liefeld's history in Comics: What do you think of this and should the writers of these characters be given their moment to shine in the Big screen alongside Liefeld ?

They always go to the creators. Does not matter how many people wrote whomever for however long. He created them.

What Psy said. It’s the same thing with Len Wein and Wolverine. Len created a Wolverine who was originally a headstrong teenager, and who didn’t have his trademark “mutton-chop” facial hair. Hell, I’m not even sure he had a real name until Claremont.

But technically he was Wolverine’s creator. Just like Liefeld is Cable and Deadpool and Domino’s creator.

Pretty confident Liefeld is some kind of mafia king or has made a pact with the devil for his soul to get where he is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    What Psy said. It’s the same thing with Len Wein and Wolverine. Len created a Wolverine who was originally a headstrong teenager, and who didn’t have his trademark “mutton-chop” facial hair. Hell, I’m not even sure he had a real name until Claremont.

But technically he was Wolverine’s creator. Just like Liefeld is Cable and Deadpool and Domino’s creator.
    IIRC for over a decade the claws of Wolverine were not a part of his mutation, as in, when Psylocke (British) had joined the team, they still werent considered a part of his mutation, but something added to him

Nicieza gets a good amount of praise.

At least from me, anyway lol.

Liefeld is just vocal. Don't let it bother you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Pretty confident Liefeld is some kind of mafia king or has made a pact with the devil for his soul to get where he is.
    Liefeld is probably richer than Bill Gates by now. He should retire.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    They always go to the creators. Does not matter how many people wrote whomever for however long. He created them.

Well Claremont had some cameos in X3 and DofP , and Frank Miller had a cameo in Daredevil, so it's not like they were overlooked even if they weren't their characters' creators. I'm guessing Liefeld is getting more attention than Nicieza or Simonson because he was more vocal about the movies on social media, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    IIRC for over a decade the claws of Wolverine were not a part of his mutation, as in, when Psylocke (British) had joined the team, they still werent considered a part of his mutation, but something added to him
    I think it was first revealed when Magneto ripped his adamantium out and there were bone claws underneath.
    Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan; 11-14-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Like him or not, he did revamp the New Mutants in the early 90’s. He brought new readers and helped increase sales. It’s an accomplishment inside one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world. He should be recognized for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post

But Liefeld was the ARTIST on Deadpool and Cable. He barely wrote stories for the characters.

Where Fabian wrote Deadpool the longest via Cable and Deadpool series. So he should be given a bit more credit than Liefeld just because he designed the characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Like him or not, he did revamp the New Mutants in the early 90’s. He brought new readers and helped increase sales. It’s an accomplishment inside one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world. He should be recognized for it.
    He also did Heroes Reborn Captain America in the Late 90's and looked how that turned out.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

He created the two. It's the same reason the whole world knows who Stan Lee is but has probably never heard of Chris Claremont.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    He also did Heroes Reborn Captain America in the Late 90's and looked how that turned out.
    But he did not create them. Besides, Marvel went after him and the other artists, not the other way around, which proves my point that he increased sales.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    He created the two. It's the same reason the whole world knows who Stan Lee is but has probably never heard of Chris Claremont.
    This.

Many may not care for Leifeld, but he was the creator. Other writers came along and improved off of his work, which is great. But Rob got them started.

Everything has to start somewhere. And when starting out, it may be primitive -or not that great yet. But a start. And the person deserves all recognition for bringing into existence.

I give credit to Ryan Reynolds and whoever else helped him on the script. because he was just playing a Ryan Reynolds character. it just happened to have fit with Deadpool's normal characterization. I find the comic book character quite annoying. but he was great in live-action. otherwise, it's not like the characters (besides Colossus) were that faithful to the comic book versions. Ajax was a real mess in the comics.