Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I can't speak for all pro-Fox fans, but for a lot of us, those movies are the definitive (or a near-definitive) version of the X-Men characters and their world. So, a reboot would be for us essentially the same boat you're in now.
    I forgot about one thing.
    There is difference.
    For us these movies are weak.
    For You... maybe disney movies would be weak,

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Your mind has been poisoned. The X-Men are SO MUCH BETTER. I'm sad for you

EDIT: Maybe not poisoned...but that was my immediate reaction, sadly.
    Sorry, I'm a Spider-Man fan, not an X-Men fan. They're just not that interesting to me outside of a couple exceptions that don't happen to include non-X-23 comics.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm not sure if Disney getting the rights means a complete overhaul of the current X-films. As long as they are making a lot of money then Disney will be reluctant to change anything.

I doubt they will change much of Deadpool or Logan with the possible X-23 take over as they made a lot of profit and irt would be stupid to change them. However I think the main X-films have faltered over time and Disney may likely try and course correct. I don't believe that means an integration into the MCU as many fans have said that the X-Men work best in their own universe. Some characters may cross over into the MCU, but not all of them. I believe Disney may keep the 20th Century pictures as a subsidiary that handles their more "serious" films which means no loss of the R rated Deadpool and Logan and the X-Men can still be a "serious drama".

It would be interesting to see how they tackle all this.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

[QUOTE=WebLurker;3233677]

ah, iconic superhero tv shows. looks, its not my fault that TAS had more adult content than the mcu movies. that is something you should discuss with disney, you not admitting it is an iconic superhero tv show that changed everything as cbr said does not stop it from been true.

Yeah, it did defined the 90s for comic book shows. marvel had xmen tas , DC had batman TAS and that is factual.

Um, another try to dismiss TAS,Even before the web, things that were memorable always got remembered.its has nothing to do with web, its has everything to do with QUALITY and SUBSTANCE. TMNT sure, but in the 90s X-Men TAS was bigger...want more proof? the adult fan base it brought in because of the stories. unlike TMNT that stayed mostly for kids and TMNT had movies then.

lol, Now I just need to laugh at the xmen theme but you see that cbr article does prove a lot about TAS, that theme of TAS is recognizable and parodied
    this catach phrase: doo dedoo doo doo doo dedoo doo doo doo'.
    or duh duh dudh dudh dudh dudh duhd eeh eerr eeh is well known, even used in many mixed tape dance tracks....sorry about that. the xmen movie theme is popuplar sure, bt not close to tas theme,

Hm, mickey mouse is not a superhero tv how right?

Spectacular spiderman was a good show but in terms of prociction and writng, its know where close to TAS. the only show that can be argued to be better is batman TAS.

So we are still discussing xmen tas after 25 years and praising the depth and compelling stories it brought to cartoons. funny, mcu is doing the oppsite.

X-MEN TAS brought respect and intellect to the genre.

MCU movies dumb, hurt and embarrasses the genre. the content of TAS is timeless. MCU, not so Much. that is what iconic means. TAS stopped airing 20 years ago and we still talk about it. who will remember any single mcu movie when disney stops making them.

LOL, you think mcu is iconic? sure I do too like transformers and twilight. you know, the bad film making franchise that still made bank but no one takes seriously in the film business as a craft to be hailed or remembered.

Opinions based on hard evidence are proof. aka take what john landis said about mcu. it is his opinion but he was correct.

Age of Ultron story arc in the comics is similar to the DOFP story arc. that is factual. only difference is DOFP is a serious and compelling movie, AOU was a mindless comedy. perhaps their most childish movie along with GOTG 1, Homecoming and Thor 3 and the iron man sequels and the rest.

Ah, But X-Men movies need drama, that is fact based on xmen stories. maybe you have never heard this good joke in comics that xmen stories were like soap operas and more importantly xmen alone makes up 60% of the marvel best story lines with had hitting s themes and deep political commentary , so yeah that means drama is necessary. sadly other mcu IP are lacking reason they make jokes and blow cities up for fun and the funny.

My opinion of Thor 3? Not really.. it is real evidence based on norse mythology.

http://norse-mythology.net/ragnarok-in-norse-mythology/

What is Ragnarok?
    The Vikings believed that one day the world as we know it would come to an end, they called this day for Ragnarok, (old Norse Ragnarökr). Ragnarok is not only the doom of man but also the end of the Gods and Goddesses. It will be the final battle between the Aesir and Giants. The battle will take place on the plains called Vigrid.
    this is not my opinon, that is Norse mythology that has existed for more than 200 years. Ragnarok is not a verb for comedy. You know, when simon pegg said mcu movies were dumbing down cinema, it was for things like thor 3. that was pegg opinion and he was correct.

Ah, TV and movies are different medium. so mcu has movies where they keep their zero depth stuff and the internet is where they keep their other adult stuff.

Street level characters? really. you know that is spiderman right and also batman. funny DC has a world for films and tv were there are two of each characters. and it is working out fine for dc.

Lol, did you not remember that daredevil and the punisher had mainstream films already? see the truth is these characters are seen as too gritty to make it to mcu movies so mcu dumped them on netflix because mcu appeals to kids first, XMEN TAS was not meant to appeal to kids, it was mean to be substitute for kids.

Ah, but mcu movies are weaker as long as they make everything into jokes and have paper thin deviate plot. their movies will always be weaker than the xmen movies.

GOTG 1 and 2 does not match X2 or DOFP because those movies are considered as a silly comedy not to be taken seriously with little depth. X2 and DOFP was serious drama and an intellect grounded take on the world with superheroes in it. and among the only few pg 13 movies we can call adult superhero movies and you can start with the drama styled the film is directed in.

GOTG was the one with the dance off rand the parents must buy baby groot subliminal message toys? please. don't put that with X2 and DOFP were even kids are portrayed as villains in those xmen movies. As for winter solider, 1 out of 17 mcu movies? and this film DOFP did kick it ass when it was released. want to see creative nature? ask why most film artists hate working for mcu movies. its not a coincidence. artist love their craft and they don't like it when it is taken away.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 11-14-2017 at 02:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post

Spectacular spiderman was a good show but in terms of prociction and writng, its know where close to TAS. the only show that can be argued to be better is batman TAS.
    Considering the crappy prociction of the X-Men cartoon, Spider-Man must have been stick figures in crayon.

So we are still discussing xmen tas after 25 years...
    Mostly because you insist on bringing them up again and again and again, even if, like in this thread, it is utterly and completely off topic.

... and praising the depth and compelling stories it brought to cartoons.
    Welp, one person is...

X-MEN TAS brought respect and intellect to the genre.
    Which genre would that be?
    Also, no, it didn't bring respect and intellect to anything.

MCU movies dumb, hurt and embarrasses the genre. the content of TAS is timeless. MCU, not so Much. that is what iconic means. TAS stopped airing 20 years ago and we still talk about it.
    YOU and a small handful of hardcore fanatics still talk about it.

Opinions based on hard evidence are proof.

aka take what john landis said...
    Appeal to authority fallacy alert.
    [hypocrite]But he did say they are very well made[/hypocrite]

My opinion of Thor 3? Not really.. it is real evidence based on norse mythology.

What is Ragnarok?
    Then again, Thor is neither Norse nor a god.
    And in the comics Ragnarok is an evil robot/clone of Thor made by Skrull Hank Pym and Reed Richards.

And that so is not what evidence means.

BANNED

PART 2 REPLY.

So disney rejects the story in iron man 3 of substance abuse and turns terrorism into a big goofy joke. yeah that is worse...mcu movies do tend to get worse. Ah, solo films, you did think thor will have become like aragorn after two poor movies but he became a late night comedian.

Civi War is a better action movie than first class.

First Class is a better political and story telling driven movie than Civil War and you know what film makers and older people say.

Story telling driven movies >>>>>>>>>> action movies.

Tony and cap spend more time fighting than sharing their views, reason their dynamic is inferior to charles and xavier, nothing in civil war come close to this..acting, drama, dialogue, tone, stakes. this is a real comic film.
    youtube;mXQdo05h5Y0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQdo05h5Y0

ah, Mckellen and Stewart have become a huge part of our culture just for their portrayals of eric and charles relationship. who remembers tony and steve today? as I said, it is down to the substance. this is what mcu always lacks , reason their films are hated by film artist and only work in cinema where we are told not to use our heads and just have...FUN.

Um, first class caracters. let see Beast dealing with his mutation, raven's rebellion, moria fighting sexism in the 60s. that was better to watch than the other characters in civil war that did nothing and just had fun.

Lol...did you just say Zemo easily?and shaw had no depth or motivation. no, that was zemo. who could have been easily erased from the movie and had no impact unlike first class where the opening scene of magneto's death at the hand of Shaw set the tone and cause of the entire movie.....I think this is why xmen films are factually better. its a little trick called. story telling.

you think zemo had more motivation than shaw. see mcu villains are so bad that this is one area the casual fans don't even defend, shaw was a great villain, for tormenting magneto as a kid,killing his mum, manipulating both usa and ussr to go to war and what was shaw motivation? the children of the atom must survive. this is what you call motivation. well spoken, well layered and quite friendly and understanding.

ironically you talk of shaw because as magneto said before he kills him that he and shaw share the same beliefs. want more proof? MCU has a villains problem well known, not xmen. in fact the villains in xmen are one of the pros of their films.
    Gambit has gone into pre production, has a director and costume designer. what remains to be seen? do you think fox will soon announce gambIt will be a driven cgi funny movie like mcu movies? nah the comics of xmen rejects that idea. TAS even reject that idea.

You know I think this is what makes xmen so formidable, timeless and always relevant, the very people that want to see xmen destroyed so MCU can look less awful say they are fans but they have no problem in trying to take xmen down because everything xmen stood up against and won both in films, animation and comics MCU is not . don't you see the contradiction as a fan?.

a fan of xmen that is now hating on horror when xmen itself have many horror elements stories from AOA, to the demon bear saga, to the mutant massacre to messiah war. can a fan of xmen have no problem with how disney constantly uses poor jokes to dumb down their movies and will do the same for xmen movies. I have no problem with antman, if a person like nolan or george miller made the film.

the xmen lore cannot be re written just for Disney movies. Disney already failed at this attempt with inhumans and trying to rewrite many mutants so they can pass of more as avengers...Disney will always fail because you can never substitute quantity for quality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    who cares if we would have reboot or not? We would have better and different movies.

and x-men movies box office is weak(unstable and lower than other superhero movies). Ant Man almost beat Apocalypse while being cheaper.

Hm , Weak but enough to make money for fox with no Disney market appeal. the awkward moment where logan is more profitable for fox than homecoming will be for sony and disney.

disney movies, weak to the point of constant team ups, crossover and wanting to get all marvel rights back.

As I always said, disney are the people pushing for this bad deal. not fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    I forgot about one thing.
    There is difference.
    For us these movies are weak.
    For You... maybe disney movies would be weak,
    For US? as in who. Fans of xmen , film makers? not really. last I checked, no one here said avengers or civil is better than DOFP.
    MCU movies are so weak that everything now is now a parody and a gag real. FoR us, xmen fans. we do not accept that for xmen. sorry.

X-Men movies are suppose to be weak, yet when you strip away any action in xmen movies, you just get a good drama movie but when you strip away every action in mcu movies, you get nothing. that is weakness dear, I think this is the reason trusted artists say mcu movies are not real movies.

For us fans of xmen, we agree with this...

David Fincher on why mcu movies are awful

“Look, there’s a very large talent pool of people who are- don’t feel there’s much for them in terms of sustenance working for Marvel. And I think that if we can make a playground for them that is thoughtful, adult, interesting, complex, challenging stories and figure out ways to pull them into it, there’s a chance at something that isn’t lassoed and hogtied by three acts. And there’s something else that doesn’t have to be 22-minute half hour or have a cliffhanger. I think it is an exciting time.”

https://heroichollywood.com/david-fi...arvel-studios/.

Ah, loving this part so far or reality swapping.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 11-14-2017 at 03:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Xmen was massive in the UK in the 90s

I remember all the kids wanting to be wolverine in the playground and merchandise everywhere.
    Okay. can we just smile at the full attack on TAS by those that want to see xmen go to disney. just for one simple reason.

it shits on every mcu movie and they know it too.. yeah, that will be hard for me as well if I liked MCU but I allowed myself to only go for the intellectual comic book stuff, where I know I would not be in any situation to constantly use an obvious wrong narrative . cool

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Ehhh...i've said WORLD wide popular. It was good for americans but for the rest of the world it was just one thing amongst many. And not even that good. Yes i wasn't that young but i watched it because hey x-men cool. But i've never let my fandom blind me enough to not see the flaws.And there were many. It had cheap production values, terrible acting at times(worst wolverine ever), Jean turning in a joke, Jubilee, and of course extremely 90 feeling-even for the period oddly- that make it at time heavy to listen

The awkard moment when some think marvel became world wide popular in 2008. how bizarre. Yep world wide popular...like what marvel name became by the 70s, 80s and 90s and 00s. thanks mostly to spiderman and xmen comics.

TAS does look cheap today but that was the 90s. however the content and story telling of the show remains timeless. this is what people love today still.

TAS wolverine was still the best of the bunch in animation when it came to characterization..

Jean was weak as a fighter but not rogue or storm

ah, yes jubilee. that iconic yellow jacket still well know today and the ultimate valley mall girl teen.

TAS is still hands down factually the best animated marvel tv show and not one mcu disney tv show has yet to match it or will ever match it. and neither will any live action mcu movie because mcu movies cannot tell xmen stories like TAS did thanks to disney.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Still a lot of pro Fox-Men in this thread I see. I understand this has you guys worried but it's time for a change. Film aside, don't you get it? Disney gets the X-Men back and suddenly we're surrounded by X-Men merch and promotions again! I've missed that since I was a teen in the 90's
    Except xmen does not need this. infact I think Disney attempt to kill xmen, just helped it more because it got a lot of people talking and hating on disney.

it is time for change too. reason we need the gambit, new mutants and xforce movie and a full reboot.

change is not xmen becoming part of the soulless mcu formula that harms the comic book genre, xmen saved in the first place.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 11-14-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

The awkard moment when some think marvel became world wide popular in 2008. how bizarre. Yep world wide popular...like what marvel name became by the 70s, 80s and 90s and 00s. thanks mostly to spiderman and xmen comics.

TAS does look cheap today but that was the 90s. however the content and story telling of the show remains timeless. this is what people love today still.

TAS wolverine was still the best of the bunch in animation when it came to characterization..

Jean was weak as a fighter but not rogue or storm

ah, yes jubilee. that iconic yellow jacket still well know today and the ultimate valley mall girl teen.

TAS is still hands down factually the best animated marvel tv show and not one mcu disney tv show has yet to match it or will ever match it. and neither will any live action mcu movie because mcu movies cannot tell xmen stories like TAS did thanks to disney.
    Why is your whole entire argument "Disney and MCU suck! X-Men TAS better!"

PART 2 REPLY.
    First Class is a better political and story telling driven movie than Civil War and you know what film makers and older people say.
    hmmm not quite but is good enough, better than what followed. Albeit linkign to real historical events make things complicated and I don't condone the waste of Banshee, the fact that Darwin the only black guy end up following slasher movies rules. But as i said good enough(albeit FBI as usual come out like abunch of cretins....really guys you americans do the impossible to depict them as racist bigoted buffooon...)

Tony and cap spend more time fighting than sharing their views, reason their dynamic is inferior to charles and xavier, nothing in civil war come close to this..acting, drama, dialogue, tone, stakes. this is a real comic film.
    Again not quite right, the dynamic between Charles and Magneto is different, mostly because at leas tin the original movie trilogy its is a break up that had enough time to fester and decay in something more cold and more poisonous. Characterized by Chuck and Mag cruel politeness perfectly encapsulated by the PERFECT actor for those roles(sorry but the new guys never really impressed me more than a "eh 5 out of ten" way...but again when compared with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen is kind of unfair comparison really). In Cap and Tony case the moving toward their personal feud was functional to the story and some preferred to the route the comic story took(ORiginal civil war comic was....polarizing to say the least and killed Iron Man for a while as character...and this is something i admit is not something Dinsey is willing to do, allowing a character to do a likeability seppuku acting as the asshat the story flow expect him to be...)

ah, Mckellen and Stewart have become a huge part of our culture just for their portrayals of eric and charles relationship. who remembers tony and steve today? as I said, it is down to the substance. this is what mcu always lacks , reason their films are hated by film artist and only work in cinema where we are told not to use our heads and just have...FUN.
    I actually never read on any cinema magazin i read anythign like that. Perhaps some "well they could have done better" but pure hate nahh. And as i said McKellen and Stewart are a category apart. That saying Chirs Hemsworth is quite launched as character , memorable and such, RDJ rendition of Tony IS the defining rendition of tony, heck is porbably the BEST tony Stark EVER, before RDJ Iron Man was a loathed, reviled effed up character that no one liked or wished to read, HE WAS CONSIDERED A B-LISTER! I SWEAR!! For Cap, well I am not sure about. But Cap outside USA had ALWAYS met some....issue...
    (it depend on how well the rest of the world react to consciou/subconscious level, to the USA politics...He always pay the price for your nation general....hmmm lack of tact...yeah let's go with that) Chris Evans is a good actor and really immerse in his role(in some way this is both a good and bad thing....with Steward and Mc Kellen they are so good to remain themselves and BE the character at same time...something an actor took lot of time to do. Some go for RDJ way and just be themselves with a flavor of the character(again this is not about the quality fo acting is about the tonality of it, you coudl immerse completely in character and be bad and do a "Brando" and just be yourself and still be awesome...)

Oh and X-men TAS IS inferior to Animaniacs AND Gargoyle in term of animation, script, and general acting. I'm sorry is a truth you don't want to hear, but you disbeliving it don't change the facts. It was a great X-men cartoon for sure, BUT THAT IS ALL IT WAS!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    hmmm not quite but is good enough, better than what followed. Albeit linkign to real historical events make things complicated and I don't condone the waste of Banshee, the fact that Darwin the only black guy end up following slasher movies rules. But as i said good enough(albeit FBI as usual come out like abunch of cretins....really guys you americans do the impossible to depict them as racist bigoted buffooon...)

Again not quite right, the dynamic between Charles and Magneto is different, mostly because at leas tin the original movie trilogy its is a break up that had enough time to fester and decay in something more cold and more poisonous. Characterized by Chuck and Mag cruel politeness perfectly encapsulated by the PERFECT actor for those roles(sorry but the new guys never really impressed me more than a "eh 5 out of ten" way...but again when compared with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen is kind of unfair comparison really). In Cap and Tony case the moving toward their personal feud was functional to the story and some preferred to the route the comic story took(ORiginal civil war comic was....polarizing to say the least and killed Iron Man for a while as character...and this is something i admit is not something Dinsey is willing to do, allowing a character to do a likeability seppuku acting as the asshat the story flow expect him to be...)

I actually never read on any cinema magazin i read anythign like that. Perhaps some "well they could have done better" but pure hate nahh. And as i said McKellen and Stewart are a category apart. That saying Chirs Hemsworth is quite launched as character , memorable and such, RDJ rendition of Tony IS the defining rendition of tony, heck is porbably the BEST tony Stark EVER, before RDJ Iron Man was a loathed, reviled effed up character that no one liked or wished to read, HE WAS CONSIDERED A B-LISTER! I SWEAR!! For Cap, well I am not sure about. But Cap outside USA had ALWAYS met some....issue...
    (it depend on how well the rest of the world react to consciou/subconscious level, to the USA politics...He always pay the price for your nation general....hmmm lack of tact...yeah let's go with that) Chris Evans is a good actor and really immerse in his role(in some way this is both a good and bad thing....with Steward and Mc Kellen they are so good to remain themselves and BE the character at same time...something an actor took lot of time to do. Some go for RDJ way and just be themselves with a flavor of the character(again this is not about the quality fo acting is about the tonality of it, you coudl immerse completely in character and be bad and do a "Brando" and just be yourself and still be awesome...)

Oh and X-men TAS IS inferior to Animaniacs AND Gargoyle in term of animation, script, and general acting. I'm sorry is a truth you don't want to hear, but you disbeliving it don't change the facts. It was a great X-men cartoon for sure, BUT THAT IS ALL IT WAS!
    shall I summarize.

what made first class better was because it put the story first and gave the characters a time to bond in a believable way and not just to push a plot point like civil war,this is an example. xmen loves drama, mcu loves cgi.

tony and steve already showed rivalry signs froim avengers 1, civil war failed to capture it to the limits. what helps xavier and eric is that they do talk normally and are actual friends and they go deep in their beliefs in a mature, realsitc and manner. not so much for steve and tony. first class was deep, civil war was derivate.

what would have helped civil war was had they just had the entire movie be about the registration act because that will have given tony and steve more depth and yes. reduce the physical fighting and have them talk more like eric and charles.

let see if black panther will truly capture eric and charles..after all that is a major influence in the movie. it is funny, XK says xmen movies are weak yet mcu is taking lesson from xmen movies to be strong. see the logic

and iron man is still a b lister outside of movies like all mcu characters. disney thought they could turn him to bruce wayne and they bombed at it because iron man universe does not have the content of the batman universe.

people remember stewart and mckellen for the intellectual depth and great acting they brought to the xmen movies. people can actually see why there is a slight mirror of Malcom x and MLK

mcu actors will not be remembered that way, they will be remembered for been in funny action superhero movies. they will not have the respect that people give stewart and mckellen for their xmen roles I swear you must have missed all those discussion about how bad the acting of the chrisses are in mcu movies. IT WAS REAL

This is about comic superhero book tv shows right? and the most classic of the two is X-Men tas and batman tas and that is the fact. its gets more factual that TAS excelled because of the adult content that disney wants bans in MCU movies and will ban in xmen movies. that is not acceptable for us xmen fans. we reject the Disney formula.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 11-14-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Why are some of you still arguing with Jaddor? They are obviously using their opinoins as facts , just like they do every time a topic of the X-Men in the MCU comes up as they obviously have a great hatred for the MCU's many successes.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Xmen is about the heroes, not the villains. Not Magneto, Mystique, etc