Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Disney in talks with FOX to purchase 21st Century Fox

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st...y-sources.html

Just reporting now, these talks have been ongoing for the last few weeks, on again--off again. Murdoch wants to focus on sports and news, sell FX, Nat. Geo, and the 21st Century Fox studios. All entertainment property rights would go to Disney! If this happens, the X-MEN and FF can come home. (Not that I'm complaining about FOX X-Men--I prefer to the more subtle, realistic, and intelligent treatment of the mutants and not the big ha-ha-carnival rides of Marvel Studios films like the current THOR.)

The X-Men are fine at Fox. But if Disney gets the Fantastic Four in the MCU all of my prayers will be answered.

Also this means Anastasia will finally become a Disney princess.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 11-06-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

So basically all of Marvel would be under the same roof again, more or less ?

Astonishing Member

I really hope it don't hurt deadpool 2 X-force or the X23 movies. Disney's idear for superhero movies would dramatically tone them down. Hope we get some X-Men animated series. (Wolverine and the X-Men seasion 2)

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Don't get yall hopes up. Be prepared for dissapointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I really hope it don't hurt deadpool 2 X-force or the X23 movies. Disney's idear for superhero movies would dramatically tone them down. Hope we get some X-Men animated series. (Wolverine and the X-Men seasion 2)
    I mean, one benefit of this is that we might start to see more promotion for the X-Men and FF outside comics again, and actually let them appear in cartoons again.

That's one way to solve the problem of 20th Century Fox having the X-Men rights!

Interestingly, this would also mean that Disney would take majority ownership of the UK's main pay TV service, Sky, which 21st Century was already trying to buy the remaining shareholders out of.

Astonishing Member

This makes me happy because I don't care about movies, don't watch superhero movies, but I do care about comics and videogames.

If this happens, Marvel will no longer have any reason to throw the X-Men under the bus to support franchises they have full rights to instead, because they would also have full rights on the X-Men. It could be a second golden age for X-Men comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Also this means Anastasia will finally become a Disney princess.
    Lol is it bad that as a Star Wars and X-Men/Fantastic Four one, this was my first thought.

But yes, please let this deal go through. I want to see the X-Men and Fantastic Four both in the MCU! Hopefully they can just scrap Dark Phoenix because it wasn't sounding good anyway. Should do a full reboot since the major stars (Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan) are all out anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, one benefit of this is that we might start to see more promotion for the X-Men and FF outside comics again, and actually let them appear in cartoons again.
    True but there are still alot of concerns. Disney's isn't going to make r rated movies. Deadpool and X-force only work if there R rated. And since the'll recast Logan we wont get the x23 movie. I need to know how thell handle the xmen movies. Hopfully Disney keeps the movies they have planned and the X-Men actors fans like, there is a real risk Disney will canncle all in productions X-Men movies and that worryes me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Lol is it bad that as a Star Wars and X-Men/Fantastic Four one, this was my first thought.

But yes, please let this deal go through. I want to see the X-Men and Fantastic Four both in the MCU! Hopefully they can just scrap Dark Phoenix because it wasn't sounding good anyway. Should do a full reboot since the major stars (Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan) are all out anyway.
    They aren't scrapping a movie that already finished production.

Extraordinary Member

Disney owns way too much stuff already and the lack of competition will eventually be bad for fans.

Still, part of me kind of wants to see what a "unified" MCU would look like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They aren't scrapping a movie that already finished production.
    I thought it had just started production.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Disney owns way too much stuff already and the lack of competition will eventually be bad for fans.

Still, part of me kind of wants to see what a "unified" MCU would look like.
    A part of me just wants to finally see the X-Men and FF in cartoons again .

On the one hand, this could be cool.

On the other hand, monopolys are dangerous and this would be cutting it close.