Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I thought MCU Iron Man's personality was Robert Downey, Jr.'s own thing.

Okay, a few of us. Interesting how most of the people who seem to want Marvel to have X-Men back seem to cite the liberties taken with the source material as the reason it should happen. Are we like less into the comics or something?
    If You like Wolverine, Magneto, Deadpool, X23 You probably prefer Fox.
    If You like other x-men then You probably want changes (not necessarily mcu something different).

After Dark Phoenix once again majority of people here will be saying that mcu is much better.

BANNED

I thought MCU Iron Man's personality was Robert Downey, Jr.'s own thing.

Okay, a few of us. Interesting how most of the people who seem to want Marvel to have X-Men back seem to cite the liberties taken with the source material as the reason it should happen. Are we like less into the comics or something?
    Lol I think people want the MCU X-Men for costume updates, which is fair, but mostly just because the MCU is popular. People today are HUGELY into memes. Popularity today affects people more than in generations past. It's mostly just that. There are people on the internet who've never read a comic in their lives claiming to be upset about comic book accuracy. People just say whatever is popular to say.

What I want is better special effects and closer costumes in the movie universe we already have.

Also, the casting is pretty GOAT. I'm not interested in losing that for X-Men 92: The Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I don't have to drop anything. It used to be "wishful thinking" that Marvel and Fox would never work together or come to a deal and that's obviously not the truth anymore so you need to get with the times. Until Hugh Jackman makes a statement after the deal is finalized, nothing is set in stone and he could very well take the role again as his final time playing Wolverine. Even Patrick Stewart claimed to be done, but he's expressed interest in perhaps renewing the role so there's never an end in Hollywood.
    Who says Marvel would bring him on in the MCU anyway? I’m sure like spidey we would get a full on reboot with nothing from Fox men remaining

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Who says Marvel would bring him on in the MCU anyway? I’m sure like spidey we would get a full on reboot with nothing from Fox men remaining
    yes this would be ideal.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Personally speaking, I'm not a purist when it comes to adaptations (also, actual purists REALLY need to look up the meaning of adaptations too). Also, it's not like MCU is very faithful to its comics. I just feel it's because they make fun movies about characters people previously did not care for much is why they get so much benefit of the doubt. Homecoming was the first test they had to see how they fare with an A-List character previously owned by another studio and eh, I still prefer the Raimi films.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    If You like Wolverine, Magneto, Deadpool, X23 You probably prefer Fox.
    If You like other x-men then You probably want changes (not necessarily mcu something different).
    You can add fans or soon add fans of characters like Xavier, Mystique, Cable, Polaris, Sage, Legion, New Mutants (sans Sunspot), Blink!, Domino and maybe New X-Men too to the Team Fox roster.

After Dark Phoenix once again majority of people here will be saying that mcu is much better.
    We'll see. Even if it is trash, the spin-offs and shows could still be great so I don't see the above equation changing much.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    That would mean no X-23. Since the MCU wouldn’t have a pre-existing Weapon X to give birth to her.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Personally speaking, I'm not a purist when it comes to adaptations (also, actual purists REALLY need to look up the meaning of adaptations too). Also, it's not like MCU is very faithful to its comics. I just feel it's because they make fun movies about characters people previously did not care for much is why they get so much benefit of the doubt. Homecoming was the first test they had to see how they fare with an A-List character previously owned by another studio and eh, I still prefer the Raimi films.

You can add fans or soon add fans of characters like Xavier, Mystique, Cable, Polaris, Sage, Legion, New Mutants (sans Sunspot), Blink!, Domino and maybe New X-Men too to the Team Fox roster.

We'll see. Even if it is trash, the spin-offs and shows could still be great so I don't see the above equation changing much.
    it took fox nearly 20 years to get some of their lesser known characters right. the ship has sailed. fox will ultimately sale because what matters most to them isn't fans of the Xmen but the dollar bill.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it took fox nearly 20 years to get some of their lesser known characters right. the ship has sailed. fox will ultimately sale because what matters most to them isn't fans of the Xmen but the dollar bill.
    All Disney only care about is dollar bills too. So it’s doubtful they would cancel that X-23 movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    We will see.

ok
    but we shouldn't forget that more people here prefer mcu than fox-men
    x-men in mcu = more happy people, simple

but if we want to be serious... next year will be very important. Many super hero movies. Some will have weaker box office because of that.
    in one month we will have Avengers Infinity War, Deadpool 2 and The Incredibles 2
    if next year will be weak for fox then diesnt/fox deal will become reality

Also, it's not like MCU is very faithful to its comics. I just feel it's because they make fun movies about characters people previously did not care for much is why they get so much benefit of the doubt.
    True. Their stories are not very faithful but their movies are about actual main characters, have greatly done stories and interesting characters with personality and they have great visuals
    and they don't repreat everything in next movies
    and this is more than fox-men (which is sad)
    I still prefer the Raimi films.
    they are very good

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    That would mean no X-23. Since the MCU wouldn’t have a pre-existing Weapon X to give birth to her.
    You don't know this. Marvel created X23. Why they would forget about her?
    but she wouldn't be in r rated movie
    she would be in pg13 movie or tv series

The best thing to do have two X-Men franchises like what Sony is doing with Venom.

BANNED

The best thing to do have two X-Men franchises like what Sony is doing with Venom.
    That would be great. R rated movies by Fox and rest by MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post

You don't know this. Marvel created X23. Why they would forget about her?
    but she wouldn't be in r rated movie
    she would be in pg13 movie or tv series
    That’s not what I’m saying. I mean she wouldn’t even be born if we are going to have mutants just being discovered in the MCU. That would mean no organizations experimenting on mutants since nobody knows about them yet. That would be sometime afterwards and even longer time for Laura be old enough to be a fighter.

BANNED

That’s not what I’m saying. I mean she wouldn’t even be born if we are going to have mutants just being discovered in the MCU. That would mean no organizations experimenting on mutants since nobody knows about them yet. That would be sometime afterwards and even longer time for Laura be old enough to be a fighter.
    that's your assumption. You can be wrong.
    weapon x could be created 20 years ago in mcu(secret organissation). They also could go with something similar to Terrigenesis (some virus or something other) could create x-men.

BANNED

You could keep the new trilogy in the MCU as they're set in the past including the dark phoenix

Maybe have fury appear in the DP end credits in the 90s

Have cable, deadpool and X force made by fox like Venom is by Sony and have xmen under the MCU banner

The xmen cast is young and would suit the MCU and bring in a new Logan.

The FF would be easiest to bring in

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It took nearly 20 years to get X-23 into the films. I sure as hell don't want to wait 20 MORE to get her in again.
    The character didn't even exist 20 years ago. She was created in 2004.