Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I think Winter Soldier is as about as mature as Marvel is going to get.
    When you mean mature i think it's certain folks way of saying more serious because i don't agree that mature equals a more serious take.
    For example bvs was more a more overall a darker serious film then civil war and doctor strange but it was not a better film then those two and not any more mature.
    In fact others would say doctor strange and civil war was more mature then bvs.

Black panther could be a more serious mcu film then winter Soldier.Then we captain marvel coming too.Of course there have been other mcu films that were more serious to varied degrees in the mcu.
    I think upcoming avengers movies will be more serious then past ones since the russos are directing them.
    We don't know what other mcu movies we will get in the future by the way.
    Of course the current marvel shows are more serious then the mcu movies so far.

Being more mature or serious does not mean films or shows will be better.
    The avengers first movie for example i think is better then all the x-men films i have seen.
    It is not as serious on average compared to main team x-men films but avengers is still a serious film overall.
    (The tone for the first two avengers films is more similar to superman the movie and superman 2)

Note- i have not seen logan or deadpool yet(will later when i have more time) but the rest of the x-men films i have seen.
    I still believe mcu films are better then current x-men films on average and are way more fun on average.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-07-2017 at 08:23 AM.

BANNED

We should evaluate the movie on all aspects. The story and the tone is arguable which movie is better or not.

But costumes-wise, xmen movies are definitely unacceptable.

Characters dont get too shine in xmen and its the villains how got better roles when the heroes should have gotteb those parts.

Xmen cant fly. They kept on floating

I hope this deal works out. Don't care about the Fantastic Four, but the X-Men joining the MCU... yes please!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They canceled the final season of Clone Wars and rebooted the Expanded Universe, and went back to basics with the movies (but IMO overal improved on what Lucas had been doing with the franchise the last 10-15 years or so).
    The Clone Wars still continues in the form of Rebels. So that’s not a good comparison.

They wanted the old cast back, which couldn’t have been done since the original characters were long gone in the Expanded Universe, IIRC. They actually benefitted from making them non-canon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Being more mature or serious does not mean films or shows will be better.
    By the way i have say something about this.
    I have to correct something here.
    A film or tv show being more serious does not mean it's more mature.
    That's a snob way of looking at things.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-07-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

By the way if marvel gets the live action films rights back for x-men it does not mean they would be in same universe of the avengers anytime soon.
    They could reboot down the road and should reboot but i think they will be in a alternate mcu universe with maybe some crossovers.
    I think it's to late to have them in the main current mcu.
    There is no way the current x-men film universe will be part of the current main mcu.
    The only way i see the x-men or mutants in a main mcu universe down the road would be the current mcu reboots their universe or starting over again.
    Now i could see a new fantastic four, galactus,silver surfer and doctor doom showing up in current mcu down the road however.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-07-2017 at 07:39 AM.

I'm just trying (and failing) to control my excitement of the possibility if the FF being in the MCU and no longer being treated like crap by Marvel.

This would mean a push in all media again, no more bans from video games and animation. I'd get the FF and X-Men cartoons and video games that I've been longing for! The deal may fall through, but stocks rose when the news broke which gives FOX more incentive. The fact that these two studios are even talking is definitely good news at least.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-07-2017 at 05:28 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    There is no way the current x-men film universe will be part of the current main mcu.
    The only way i see the x-men or mutants in a main mcu universe down the road would be the current mcu reboots their universe or starting over again.
    Now i could see a new fantastic four, galactus,silver surfer and doctor doom showing up in current mcu down the road however.
    thats not a problem considering Fox has completely messed things up with their timeline. Regardless, the X-men line has over 15 years worth of continuity that Marvel wouldnt and shouldnt touch. The point of them taking it on would be to offer a new intereptation, not shoehorn what already exists into their universe

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I will also add that even though the whole deal doesn't go through, if the Murdochs are intent on selling their movie/tv/animation assets, Disney are infinitely more likely to get their characters back now than they were before the talks started, as the 2 parties are/were at least speaking.

Also, and it's hard to speculate without seeing the licensing contract, in case Fox ends up selling to someone else, I'm not sure their licenses would be automatically transferred to the new owner or if the contract provisions something different. The former case is the most usual, but we're talking about huge corporations here so it's entirely possible the original contract with Marvel contains clauses pertaining specifically to such circumstances and stating something different needs to happen in such cases.

Easy, the MCU gets revamped post Infinity War(as it does in the comics after Thanos destroys half of the universe). When revamped, FF and X-Men are there from the ground floor and the MCU can recast everyone(RDJ is getting old).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

Edited replies above.

DISNEY In Talks To Purchase 21st Century Fox X-Men & Fantastic Four
    Comicbookcast2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POp8Su6vP70
    Last edited by mace11; 11-07-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Disney to BUY Fox? BREAKDOWN
    Beyond The Trailer

Note-disney do have rated r shows and films and upcoming ones.
    More details for here.

What are some R-rated movies that have been released by Disney?
    http://community.comicbookresources....Universe/page7
    and
    http://community.comicbookresources....Universe/page8
    Last edited by mace11; 11-07-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Easy, the MCU gets revamped post Infinity War(as it does in the comics after Thanos destroys half of the universe). When revamped, FF and X-Men are there from the ground floor and the MCU can recast everyone(RDJ is getting old).
    It sucks for franchises like Captain Marvel and Black Panther that are coming relatively late, but Infinity War would serve as a good conclusion to the current MCU. It would be a very risky move, but Im all for a reboot which ushers in a new universe and throws out current continuity

>_> well if they get control of the movies it'll just be generic stuff with the occasional gem every now and then, in my opinion of course, I know people like the MCU formula and the money shows it works I supposed.... on the plus side video games, toys and cartoons may return so, you win some you lose some.

I hope Legion and The Gifted don't go anywhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It sucks for franchises like Captain Marvel and Black Panther that are coming relatively late, but Infinity War would serve as a good conclusion to the current MCU. It would be a very risky move, but Im all for a reboot which ushers in a new universe and throws out current continuity
    They already said multiple times the MCU isn't ending with Infinity War, hell they already announced the second MCU Spider-Man and GOTG 3 that take place afterwards.
    And they just introduced Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, why would they end it now?
    Last edited by TitanMax; 11-07-2017 at 09:08 AM.