Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I wonder if they rebooted things in the movies what if any effect it'd have on the comics, like if the rebooted movie had Magneto as the main baddie would the comic Magneto become bad again...

I’m feeling like this is a strong possibility of happening now the story keeps on going and it makes me feel like it’s going to happen. I can’t wait until it’s confirmed so as an x fan I can rejoice and know that I will finally see my favorite characters done right in film.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/disney-fox-talks-still-alive/

Latest word on this. Fairly predictable as it's quite a huge one and it's neither going to happen overnight nor disappear altogether in the space of a week. I'd say the House of Mouse is the one most in need here as they have very limited content for a paid digital service, even if priced below Netflix. So better open that big wallet, Bob Iger!

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/10/penc...-fox-deal.html

Almost everyone says it's a good business for Fox to make the deal and both companies' stock have risen because of this news of a possible deal. They would stupid not to make a deal of some kind. I think the problem right now is that the two companies are trying to agree on a price (which is usually the long part of deals like this).

Keeping my fingers crossed that the deal happens soon!

To think, only a week ago we would have thought it was impossible to get the FF and X-Men back. I'm just imagining them back in video games, cartoons, and other media in full force again.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-10-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Ultimate Member

I wonder if a deal would then allow the X-world to show up on Agents of Shield and such...

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    THE X-FRANCHISE WILL RISE AGAIN.

Revenge will be sweet.
    This is what keeps me going as an X-fan some days. That, and the pie in the sky hope that I will see Tommy Shepherd's sweet face once more before I shed my mortal shell.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/10/penc...-fox-deal.html

Almost everyone says it's a good business for Fox to make the deal and both companies' stock have risen because of this news of a possible deal. They would stupid not to make a deal of some kind. I think the problem right now is that the two companies are trying to agree on a price (which is usually the long part of deals like this).

Keeping my fingers crossed that the deal happens soon!

To think, only a week ago we would have thought it was impossible to get the FF and X-Men back. I'm just imagining them back in video games, cartoons, and other media in full force again.
    Imagine an MCU movie with the FF fighting Magneto, and they do the 'wooden gun' schtick from the cartoons.

BANNED

so what exactly whould happen? complete reboot? keeping the x-men as it is with the possibility for crossovers and taking the fantastic four and all its villains and concepts?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Illyanas2 View Post
    so what exactly whould happen? complete reboot? keeping the x-men as it is with the possibility for crossovers and taking the fantastic four and all its villains and concepts?
    They'll probably reboot with some stupid shit where mutants were created by Hydra dicking around with Loki's scepter like how Weapon Plus created them in Ultimate. Since the MCU is strongly influenced by the toxic waste dump that was 1610, I wouldn't be surprised.

Complete reboot Marvelmaster I think had a pretty good explanation for mutants in the MCU. Just have them be evolved humans in response to the aliens, magic, monsters, super beings etc that have come about in the MCU.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    They'll probably reboot with some stupid shit where mutants were created by Hydra dicking around with Loki's scepter like how Weapon Plus created them in Ultimate. Since the MCU is strongly influenced by the toxic waste dump that was 1610, I wouldn't be surprised.
    I mean - they basically already did that with the Twins, only maybe mutants have been there for longer than that. Maybe a reboot of the MCU, or at least a soft one, would happen.

In comics I'd expect to see the twins go back to being Magneto's kids, who is a villain again.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I totally expect MCU to do something like that too, but honestly if they wanted, they could just like... Introduce mutants normally. In a way, it was like that in the comics too. Mutants just suddenly started existing at some time. What we know as the '60s irl. Of course that there's Apocalypse, lots of others who are against that and blablabla, but that doesn't really matter, they can just not use them or just... Well, make it so it was a secret to everyone, because, yeah. The mutants are supposedly an evolution of the human race. There's no right time for those to start appearing...

BANNED

I hope they cancel the abomination that is the Dark Phoenix movie. Disney can give us a proper Dark Phoenix film now after they set up the X-franchise.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

a complete reboot with a completely new cast is what I would want to see. the Marvel proper xmen need to be completely detached from the fox-men universe in all forms, including the actors, storylines, costumes, etc.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-10-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    a complete reboot with a completely new cast is what I would want to see. the Marvel proper xmen need to be completely detached from the fox-men universe.
    Agreed about the cast. They can keep Hugh Jackman since he was interested in being an Avenger and Patrick Stewart if he wants to come back. Everyone else should be switched out completely. I don't want teenage X-Men unless they go with a First Class film (a real First Class, I mean).