Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    ok
    but we shouldn't forget that more people here prefer mcu than fox-men
    x-men in mcu = more happy people, simple
    Most of those same people complain every day about Marvel's treatment of X-Men in comics and the general direction they have gone in with their media so I highly doubt x-men in mcu will really equal more happy people. For a company that has shied away from dark stories they do own rights to like Demon in a Bottle, made Guardians of the Galaxy into essentially kiddie merchandising generators and have erased darker aspects of something like Civil War, I doubt Disney will give people the X-Men they think they will give. It's all about corporate image and branding, and the mutants and their heavy themes clash with Disney's MO.

Heck, I doubt Feige himself is all too enthusiastic about the prospect of X-Men in the MCU. He seemed to have been one of the people content with the X-Men being completely separate from the Avengers as long as Fox had their A-game on. If the movies he produces and spearheads are any kind of indication of the tone he prefers for comic book films, then I don't think the X-Men's serious and hardhitting sociopolitical commentary (Logan, DoFP, even the first two X-Men films), unabashed A-rated fantasies (Deadpool) or coming of age horror stories (New Mutants) are his kinda things anyway.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    that's your assumption. You can be wrong.
    weapon x could be created 20 years ago in mcu(secret organissation). They also could go with something similar to Terrigenesis (some virus or something other) could create x-men.
    If it existed 20 years ago then mutants would have been known by now. Since their powers pop-up randomly at puberty.

And you’re basically saying they should have the Ultimate Origin of mutants.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 11-11-2017 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Most of those same people complain every day about Marvel's treatment of X-Men in comics and the general direction they have gone in with their media so I highly doubt x-men in mcu will really equal more happy people.
    Oh for god's sake. They complain because X-Men get sidelined in favour of the franchise Marvel own the movie rights of. What I find funny is all these people complaining about the light hearted tone of MCU movies keep complaining about the doom and gloom tone of the X-Men comics that have been for the last ten years of so.

For a company that has shied away from dark stories they do own rights to like Demon in a Bottle,
    People need to watch Iron Man 2 & 3 more properly. In Iron Man 2, Tony has suicidal tendencies, and in Iron Man 3, he's suffering from PTSD. No, it's not alcoholism, but it's pretty much the same deal.

By the way, didn't comic book Stryker actually killed his own newborn son? Where was that?
    Where were all the religious crap Stryker sprouts God Loves, Man Kills?
    Where is Wolverine's berserker rage?
    Where is Cyclops' f%^&*d up childhood. Oh wait, I keep forgetting he doesn't matter.

made Guardians of the Galaxy into essentially kiddie merchandising generators
    MCU made absolute Z-listers into a worldwide pop culture phenomena, but they do jokes. A COMIC BOOK MOVIE THAT'S FUN ?! OH THE CRIME!!! I mean, who gives a crap about Peter and his mother's scene at the end of the first movie, or Yondu's emotional death, or Gamora and Nebula's screwed up childhood. HOW CAN A MOVIE BE FUN AND STILL HAVE MANY DRAMATIC MOMENTS?! It can't, right? Movies can either only be for adults or kids, right? No way it could be for all ages, such nonsense.

and have erased darker aspects of something like Civil War,
    Comic book Civil War is written by Mark Millar. It's a disgusting, obnoxious, offensive piece of crap. And they didn't remove the darker aspects. I know it's the cool thing to say "MCU has nothing dark", but it's just factually incorrect. Just because characters don't have po faced expression all the time, doesn't mean it's not dark.

I doubt Disney will give people the X-Men they think they will give. It's all about corporate image and branding, and the mutants and their heavy themes clash with Disney's MO.
    Disney's the one who made Rogue One. "Clashes with Disney's MO" It's not even funny anymore. Do people really think Marvel Studios will remove the allegories from X-Men? Sheesh. And don't pretend X-Men movies have dabbed in more depth than "Racism, homophobia, etc. are bad, and umm... that's pretty much it."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    If it existed 20 years ago then mutants would have been known by now. Since their powers pop-up randomly at puberty.

And you’re basically saying they should have the Ultimate Origin of mutants.
    I wrote that it would be better to have Ultimate version instead of fox-men because movie about x-men are better than movie about magneto.

Confuzzled :
    Most of those same people complain every day about Marvel's treatment of X-Men in comics and the general direction they have gone in with their media so I highly doubt x-men in mcu will really equal more happy people. For a company that has shied away from dark stories they do own rights to like Demon in a Bottle, made Guardians of the Galaxy into essentially kiddie merchandising generators and have erased darker aspects of something like Civil War, I doubt Disney will give people the X-Men they think they will give. It's all about corporate image and branding, and the mutants and their heavy themes clash with Disney's MO.
    really? I can't see many similarities between fox version and iconic versions(tas or comics).
    I think that marvel x-men are better with heavy themes than fox.

and really heavy themes of x-men are almost always ignored by Fox... they have dark visuals and that's all. Dark themes in fox movies? they are so shallow usually...
    mcu has heavy moments and they are more impactful because they are different than rest the movie

so yes I think that heavy themes would be better in Marvel X-men. We would have something deeper than racism is evil

BANNED

Who's to say that Marvel will even bother rebooting X-Men? I mean sure, they'll have Wolverine and Deadpool in there and maybe a few other A-listers, but all the people thinking that Fox was the only thing standing in the way of their personal favorites getting serious screen time should probably temper their expectations. And also, screw Disney, having a giant media conglomerate that owns practically everything can only be bad for the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Who's to say that Marvel will even bother rebooting X-Men? I mean sure, they'll have Wolverine and Deadpool in there and maybe a few other A-listers, but all the people thinking that Fox was the only thing standing in the way of their personal favorites getting serious screen time should probably temper their expectations. And also, screw Disney, having a giant media conglomerate that owns practically everything can only be bad for the consumer.
    You really think Marvel Studios would just go with this continuity mess that is X-Men movies? They would most definitely reboot.

Seeing that Hawkeye can get more screen time and a good story in the sequel directly response to the first movie, Black Widow can have proper arc spread out in course of three movies, Black Panther can have a full arc in his first ever cinematic appearance in someone else's solo movie(which is full of characters like Captain America, Iron Man, Winter Soldier and Spider-Man), Guys like Ant-Man can have solo movies, I think my favourite character would fair much better under Marvel Studios.

I mean, all they have to is not kill my favourite character off screen(twice) and not make him say "Mall is the matter of national pride" and... that's pretty much it. They would've already done twice as better than Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You really think Marvel Studios would just go with this continuity mess that is X-Men movies? They would most definitely reboot.
    Yes. Considering they throw continuity for the sake of a Spider-Man retcon. You think they are really going throw away X-23?

Yes. Considering they throw continuity for the sake of a Spider-Man retcon. You think they are really going throw away X-23?
    What retcon? The "8 years later" thing? That's barely a hiccup, and still a new rebooted Spider-Man. They didn't continue with Garfield or anything.

What retcon? The "8 years later" thing? That's barely a hiccup, and still a new rebooted Spider-Man. They didn't continue with Garfield or anything.
    By retcon I mean Peter in Iron Man 2. That was the whole reason for the date change, IIRC. I noticed it right off the bat when I saw the film because the previous films and TV shows repeatedly stated the dates.

I have a feeling there is going to be another big retcon soon involving the Inhumans.

But yeah, I don’t see Disney putting continuity over cashing in on Fox’s new pop culture icon.

By retcon I mean Peter in Iron Man 2. That was the whole reason for the date change, IIRC. I noticed it right off the bat when I saw the film because the previous films and TV shows repeatedly stated the dates.

I have a feeling there is going to be another big retcon soon involving the Inhumans.

But yeah, I don’t see Disney putting continuity over cashing in on Fox’s new pop culture icon.
    Fox's X-23 would make no sense whatsoever in current MCU. They would just continue her story unrelated to the rest of the MCU at best.

Anyway, this talk is pointless. Introducing mutants in the current MCU is nearly impossible task. Only a Secret Wars like movie can do it.

Fox's X-23 would make no sense whatsoever in current MCU. They would just continue her story unrelated to the rest of the MCU at best.

Anyway, this talk is pointless. Introducing mutants in the current MCU is nearly impossible task. Only a Secret Wars like movie can do it.
    You can have your cake and eat it too in this case. They can continue the old franchise and have a MCU version at the same time. Like how Sony is doing that non-MCU Venom movie. Just say it’s part of the multiverse that was established in Doctor Strange and then maybe have a interdimentional crossover somewhere done the line. Everybody wins!

You can have your cake and eat it too in this case. They can continue the old franchise and have a MCU version at the same time. Like how Sony is doing that non-MCU Venom movie. Just say it’s part of the multiverse that was established in Doctor Strange and then maybe have a interdimentional crossover somewhere done the line. Everybody wins!
    Let Sony's separate "Spider-Verse" unfold first. Making a Spider-Man universe without Spider-Man sounds beyond stupid.

That requires a Sony type deal not a buy out which won’t lead to a Sony type situation.

I think people are getting ahead of themselves by imaging how Marvel and Disney will integrate the X-men into the MCU, especially given their recent developments. That still assumes this deal will go through, which is a big assumption, to say the least. I think the odds are still not in Disney's favor, if only because a merger like this would have so many moving parts that the government might step in and stop it. But Disney defied the odds before when they bought Star Wars. It's still possible for them to work some magic here.

At the moment, the MCU doesn't really need the X-men and the X-men doesn't need the MCU either. Even if the deal goes through, there's no reason to stop Fox's efforts with the X-men if they're working. Now, that could change if both New Mutants and X-men: Dark Phoenix tanks. But it's hard to say at this point. The X-men franchise has a lot of established structure in place, some of which Feige worked with. Remember, he got his start working with Fox on the original X-men trilogy. That relationship is there so working together might be easier.

That said, there is one other compelling reason that the MCU may need this deal and it has nothing to do with the X-men. It can best be summed up in one word: Doom. After Infinity War, the MCU will have confronted its greatest villain, Thanos. However that plays out, the MCU will still be in need of a new, top-tier villain. There's only one other villain who comes close to Thanos' level and that's Victor Von Doom. He alone would be worth this deal. Even if the MCU does nothing to tie the F4 and X-men to their world, they need someone like Doom to create a new menace to drive the MCU forward. I think that might be the biggest gain for a deal like this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.