Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I find the idea that the X-Men suddenly become of the world again if Marvel gets back the rights somewhat laughable. Spider-Man Homecoming didn't even come close to what Iron Man 3 made, let alone the Avengers. It barely did better than the first Spider-Man movie. And that franchise is way more popular than the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I find the idea that the X-Men suddenly become of the world again if Marvel gets back the rights somewhat laughable. Spider-Man Homecoming didn't even come close to what Iron Man 3 made, let alone the Avengers. It barely did better than the first Spider-Man movie. And that franchise is way more popular than the X-Men.
    It didn’t do better at all. Remember inflation? And with inflation Homecoming made around the same as Amazing Spider-Man 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    It didn’t do better at all. Remember inflation? And with inflation Homecoming made around the same as Amazing Spider-Man 1.
    Why are you comparing Iron Man 3 to the first Spider-Man movie of his second reboot? You do know that the third movie in a trilogy usually makes the most money, right?

If we go by inflation, X-Men movies aren't even worth talking about(except Deadpool).

I like how people think being the highest grossing comic book movie of the year(currently) and the second highest grossing movie in all the Spider-Man movies is somehow a huge disappointment.

To be fair, the original Spider-Man movie is up there with TDK/TDKR and the Avengers films as the most successful superhero movie ever. Adjusted for inflation, that film made well over a billion dollars. I doubt any Spider-Man movie reaches that level of success ever again. And you're right, the X-Men films have never been anywhere near that level

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Why are you comparing Iron Man 3 to the first Spider-Man movie of his second reboot? You do know that the third movie in a trilogy usually makes the most money, right?

If we go by inflation, X-Men movies aren't even worth talking about(except Deadpool).

I like how people think being the highest grossing comic book movie of the year(currently) and the second highest grossing movie in all the Spider-Man movies is somehow a huge disappointment.
    He's talking to the people who think the X-Men are gonna surpass the Avengers if they get the rights back. That ain't happening anymore. The Avengers was pretty much the peak of the comic book movie cycle. Nothing is passing it anytime soon

Actually, X2 and X3 made around as much money as Deadpool if you take inflation into account.

Actually, X2 and X3 made around as much money as Deadpool if you take inflation into account.
    We were talking about how the old movies made more money than new ones if we adjust for inflation. The same applies to X-Men, and they look far worse in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    He's talking to the people who think the X-Men are gonna surpass the Avengers if they get the rights back. That ain't happening anymore. The Avengers was pretty much the peak of the comic book movie cycle. Nothing is passing it anytime soon
    I think it's bad that grand total of three X-Men movies have been able to make more than $600 mil. You really think under Marvel Studios X-Men would make less than that?

I think it's bad that grand total of three X-Men movies have been able to make more than $600 mil. You really think under Marvel Studios X-Men would make less than that?
    Idk, it lacks the original cast. Which is what people want to see.

Idk, it lacks the original cast. Which is what people want to see.
    Only Jackman, Stuart and McKellen can say that. Others don't matter, Fox made sure of that.

This isn’t gonna happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This isn’t gonna happen.
    I hope you're right.

BANNED

If Disney gets Fox, we will get another xmen movie focused on Phoenix, and another Phoenix movie with xmen, ff and avengers together. Omg, Jean Grey fans are the luckiest fans.

BANNED

what about x-men movies? if we add inflation then even dofp is weaker than first trilogy.
    and apocalypse is almost weakest (9th place)

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This isn’t gonna happen.
    I wouldn't be too sure. Fox definitely wants to sell and market experts are saying that they should sell, the stocks for both companies even rose because of the news. It looks like the only problem is that the two companies negotiating the price. I think this sin't a matter of 'if', but 'when'.

Personally I don't mind the X-Men not joining the MCU depending in how Dark Phoenix movie is, if that sucks then it's time for the X-Men to leave FOX imo. The Fantastic Four on the other hand 100% need to be in the MCU and that's a fact. Even if somehow talks fail, I hope they get the Fantastic Four back at the very least.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!