Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    BANNED

At this point I don't even care about the X-Men. It'll be years before there's an MCU film with them anyway.

If this happens I'll finally probably get my original version of the original Star Wars trilogy blue-rays.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    If Disney gets Fox, we will get another xmen movie focused on Phoenix, and another Phoenix movie with xmen, ff and avengers together. Omg, Jean Grey fans are the luckiest fans.
    You could get a Spider-Man homecoming type thing. Though again I see that we are nearing the end of the super hero movie bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You could get a Spider-Man homecoming type thing. Though again I see that we are nearing the end of the super hero movie bubble.
    Umm, what? Every single superhero movie released this year has been positively received, four of them currently have over 90% rating on rotten tomatoes. All of them have made crap ton of money. This is nearing end of superhero movie bubble? How?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Umm, what? Every single superhero movie released this year has been positively received, four of them currently have over 90% rating on rotten tomatoes. All of them have made crap ton of money. This is nearing end of superhero movie bubble? How?
    And they decided to take more risks with lesser known franchisees like Black Panther and Captain Marvel which is not a bad thing but it's a lot of risk. Every bubble has to burst particularly when you flood the market with movies on both Marvel and DCs end. It's also costing more for serailised movies, so a lot more to keep actors on and that eats into your net gross. .
    It's not a matter of if it's a matter of when and these serialized superhero movies have been around for a long time you have just never seen so many coming out at once. Definitely don't see this lasting another 5 years. Maybe by 2019 you'll see a shift. It's been over 15 years.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-12-2017 at 07:07 AM.

BANNED

And they decided to take more risks with lesser known franchisees like Black Panther and Captain Marvel which is not a bad thing but it's a lot of risk. Every bubble has to burst particularly when you flood the market with movies on both Marvel and DCs end. It's also costing more for serailised movies, so a lot more to keep actors on and that eats into your net gross. .
    It's not a matter of if it's a matter of when and these serialized superhero movies have been around for a long time you have just never seen so many coming out at once. Definitely don't see this lasting another 5 years. Maybe by 2019 you'll see a shift. It's been over 15 years.
    Do not see it. Stuff like Western were made for decades. Some time there will be less comic movies coming out. But for the next 5 years i do not see it.
    And we are not even talking about movies, that are made using comics but are not known for it like Men in Black for example.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Do not see it. Stuff like Western were made for decades. Some time there will be less comic movies coming out. But for the next 5 years i do not see it.
    And we are not even talking about movies, that are made using comics but are not known for it like Men in Black for example.
    In 2018 there is at least one big grand movie coming out for each of the 52 weeks of the year. That's not just superhero movies but big budget movies.

If there was a viable way forward why would Fox even consider selling back to Disney? They were fairly adamant about keeping the FF going despite bad numbers. Why has Fox changed it's mind now? If it has a 5 year market as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    If Disney gets Fox, we will get another xmen movie focused on Phoenix, and another Phoenix movie with xmen, ff and avengers together. Omg, Jean Grey fans are the luckiest fans.
    And done the right way yay 😀

All those movies are pretty versatile. MCU's risks have been working pretty well so far. I don't see the superhero movie bubble bursting anytime soon.

Also, it's actually been running from 1978. No, Batman and Robin did not put a break on it. Just next year, Blade was released. And then two years later, X-Men.

All those movies are pretty versatile. MCU's risks have been working pretty well so far. I don't see the superhero movie bubble bursting anytime soon.

Also, it's actually been running from 1978. No, Batman and Robin did not put a break on it. Just next year, Blade was released. And then two years later, X-Men.
    Yeah but never in that frequency. It started with blade then you'd get one every 3 years now you're getting 4 or 5 a year next year you'll be up to 8 marvel and DC ones.

http://www.superherohype.com/upcoming-movies

And that doesn't include other blockbusters.

BANNED

Though again I see that we are nearing the end of the super hero movie bubble.
    People have been saying that since before X-Men 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    People have been saying that since before X-Men 2.
    I know people have been saying that since Marvel announced it's 3 phase movie list which is was a while back. And they also were saying it would occur in the 3rd phase due to the sheer volume of movies. So that would be 2019

BANNED

I know people have been saying that since Marvel announced it's 3 phase movie list which is was a while back. And they also were saying it would occur in the 3rd phase due to the sheer volume of movies. So that would be 2019
    There hasn't been a moment in the last almost 15 years where people were not saying this. They said it very loudly when Marvel started up the MCU, they said it with MCU Phase 2, with the Netflix shows, with the end of the Dark Knight trilogy, with the start of the DCEU, with X-Men First Class, with X-Men Apocalypse being godawful, with the CW DCU...

I’ll be honest, while the Marvel movies are more fun (especially for my kids), they don’t seem to compel me to rewatch them ever. Especially the newer ones since Cap 2: The Winter Soldier. Have not wanted to rewatch Dr. Strange, Civil War or Spider-man: Homecoming, and probably wouldn’t rewatch Thor Ragnarok honestly. All fun movies that did well commercially, but something about them is really “one and done” for me. Whereas I’ll go back and rewatch Deadpool and Logan multiple times. Same with Days of Future Past. I’ve even seen Apocalypse three times.

So, if Disney does end up getting the film rights to the X-men, I know that they’ll integrate the main X-men franchise into their shared universe; but my hope is that they leave the Deadpool/X-Force spinoff franchise alone for the most part, making it only tangentially related (i.e., it can exist in the same universe with a few connective cameos and whatnot, but keep it tonally different and separated as an R-rated corner of the shared universe).

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Only Jackman, Stuart and McKellen can say that. Others don't matter, Fox made sure of that.
    Also, I doubt many people would want to see a retread of the prequel films.

I think people generally exaggerate the “MCU is lighthearted” and the “XCU is dark” dichotomy. Especially with the XCU, most of the X-men movies aren’t that dark to me.

If this was the late 2000’s, I would say sure give the movies to Marvel. Now, i’m leaning towards no because I like the post First Class movies a lot, but if it does happen, it’s fine because I like the MCU as well.

I do worry about Disney becoming a monopoly or something, but eh we’ll see how it goes down.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 11-12-2017 at 03:38 PM.