Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Yeah it is not Simpsons, what a strange comparison but it was phenomenon for the superhero cartoon tv genre which was just trying to get further out of a niche market. xmen comics and pizza hut? remember that? but this is not even about who watched tas or how popular it was , this is about what made tas so memorable and an iconic comic book show and it is everything MCU Disney is against..

TAS is nothing without the depth, content and story telling. I still get chills when I watch episodes like bloodlines. to think that aired on Saturday morning was chilling and all the smart and adult content dialogue of Apocalypse. you can not just marvel at this

this dialogue made it to a 90s cartoon..to name a few

"Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply AM!

I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me, and be broken!

There exists no freedom from me, only freedom through me!"

You will pay for your hubris!"

"But what if, like tortured Sisyphus, I cannot win? Ever?"

"HOW MANY PEOPLES HAVE DREAMED OF MY END???? YOU ARE NO CLOSER THAN THE BABYLONIANS WITH THEIR SWORDS AND FIRES STICKS!!!!

this dialogues are not found in mcu movies.it is just silly one liners, simplicity, and jokes. as I asked. how can TAS have more adult content than MCU movies. its appalling.

TAS is the direct opposite of MCU. reason the xmen can succeed in any era and any medium for decades even breaking away from marvel while MCU continue to struggle for real relevance and need to turn to gimmicks like team up movies, more one dimensional formula and trying to buy out fox.

I mean just see the reaction of new mutants and black panther trailer last month. new mutants started a new world definition of the genre..the reaction was... can a horror comic film work? what is the demon bear saga, this look so different. I may not be convinced but I am curious. that was the reaction to new mutants and yeah it is not a fun lighthearted joke fest movie...we can tell from the trailer already.

black panther? more complaints of too much action and showing too much and to much action and more action.

see, this is why xmen movies are more relevant right now than the formulaic mcu movies. reason disney wants to buy out xmen and some of their supporters want to see xmen in the mcu. marvel disney is trying to remain relevant. only problem is they don't want to do the hard work that fox want to do with xmen movies and disney has more resources than fox. its ridiculous.
    Disney may not take chances on their superhero fare but they sure as hell take chances on their animated tv shows. disney xd their cartoon channel in the us has far more creative diversity than their competitors nickelodeon and cartoon network. Gravity falls which just ended and shows like Star vs the Forces of Evil is airing their new season. The ducktales reboot is actually quite good.

Cartoon networkjust airs Teen Titans Go multiple times a day every day despite having better written shows like Steven universe and adventure time and new shows to promote like OK KO. Nickelodeon is still the SpongeBob and fairly odd parents network.
    Last edited by petrefax; 11-13-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    SO... silly argument aside...

I heard something about this NOT being entirely off the table... something about a statement a few days ago? Around the 11th, I believe - which gave the possibility that it could still happen.

BTW... what's everybody's opinion on LIEFELD's open letter to the Fox-boss?

Mine was a little something like this:

"Oh for the love of...! Quiet! You BOOOOOOOOOOB! >: <"

Here's to hoping that it will still happen! : D The rebirth of the FF hangs in the balance here... absorption into the MCU can SAVE them! The way it saved Spider-man (on film) and how it positively RESURRECTED Daredevil!

The deal isn't dead, it's always been on and off. Even Forbes says the deal is practically inevitable:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#35c8c9fb1976
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Default Part 1

-ah, I did expect a loose loose explain away reply but I rather keeps thing accurate because it seems the only way some may want to bring xmen to the mcu is to dismiss the impact and nature of the xmen mythos.

To say TAS was not an animated ICONIC show is incorrect on every level.
    It might be an important piece of the X-Men franchise's history, but I don't think it qualifies as iconic. Iconic animation is stuff like Chuck Jones or Disney, to name a couple.

This was a show that defined the 90s maybe more than TMTN or batman tas.
    Not so sure about that.

Reason the show got a big celebration last week. Please you don’t think this is iconic. Read this piece
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-s...h-anniversary/
    X-Men Turns 25: The Animated Series That Changed Everything.
    Everything gets remembered on the web these days. Also, there is a difference between being of historical importance and the actual artistic quality. (I'm also extremely skeptical of the X-Men cartoon being more iconic than either Batman or TMNT, esp. the latter in terms of sheer influence on pop culture.)

Happy birthday, X-Men: The Animated Series. You haven’t aged a day — at lease, that theme song hasn’t. You know it’s playing in your head right now — doo dedoo doo doo doo dedoo doo doo doo'.
    This is the X-Men theme that plays in my head and I think it's the better one overall:

(The cartoon theme isn't bad, but it says "generic superhero cartoon" theme to me, if that makes any sense.)

That intro song alone, still has multiple karaoke’s today, to try and play down the impact of TAS is making go a full LMAO
    Yes Batman too because you see before Disney came along marvel and dc were truly equals. DC had Batman TAS, Marvel had X-Men TAS. Did you just say mickey mouse? Lol. That is not a superhero show and that was for kids only.
    The point about Mickey Mouse was that I don't think the X-Men cartoon fits on the list of iconic cartoons. That's very much separate from it being a superhero show.

I almost stop reading when you said ....spectacular Spiderman had more impact than X-Men TAS. Maybe we need to be more factual and ask marvel. You see marvel only celebrates one cartoon with pride and it is xmen tas not spectacular Spiderman.
    Really spectacular spiderman is more iconic than xmen tas? NOT.
    I think that show was a better one in production values and writing. I didn't actually intend to suggest how iconic it is.

This is not about our personal favourites, this is about impact and nothing comes close to xmen tas for marvel. That has been factually proven by marvel itself. Wow, I never thought I will see the day when TAS would try to get dismissed just so xmen in the MCU can look plausible , This has made me laugh more than the jokes in mcu movies.
    Okay, I'm confused now; is the argument that the X-Men is the most iconic piece of Marvel animation, or that it's more iconic than the MCU? If the former, that may be, but I question how well it has aged. If the latter, I don't think that there's any scenario in which the cartoon is more iconic than the MCU; the latter certainly has had a far bigger impact.

Not just sterilized story telling but something more important. as the piece said audiences were not stupid and could handle an adult approach to comic materials. MCU dISNEY movies are made to be stupid and to not appeal to an adult audiences at its core. Most of the directors and actors of mcu has said this as well so how much more proof do we need.
    Opinions are not proof.

DOFP and X2 would not have been made the way fox made it. that was my point. DOFP will be more like Age Of Ultron, X2 will be more like Thor 1.
    You can't prove a negative.

MCU cannot make movies that play out like dramas with heavy content.
    Do they need to be mostly dramas? That's not the only genre in fiction.

The genre is not relevant to marvel because all their films are the same and have the same tone and type of film making. See tor 3 and gotg.
    I haven't had a chance to see Thor 3 yet (sad to say). As far as them all being the same, no they are not. Guardians is a prime example. So are the Captain America movies.

...a real thor 3 movie will have been like LOTR. this is what would have made mcu movies different from one another.
    In your opinion.

Did I loose? Okay. Think of why characters like Daredevil and the punisher are on Netflix. Funny that the punisher was a re-occurring character in Spidernan TAS and was not watered down at all but he cannot make it into a Disney comic film now so he is stuck on netflix.
    I don't know the entire reasoning, however, TV series and film are different mediums, so it's plausible that they though the serialized format would work better or that they didn't have the space for them in the MCU (most of the Netflix stuff is the really street-level characters, while the movies are more Avengers-centric). Also, Punisher was a spinoff of Daredevil, so keeping it in the same medium is a logical decision.

X-Mmen has no cinematic universe..yet. and this is not about cinematic universe this is about movies.
    I was using the term loosely. Think "long running series with lots of spinoffs that create a single whole" if you like that better.

MCU movies are weaker than xmen movies and are not good compared to xmen movies.
    In your opinion.

...at the core mcu has no film that can match Logan or DOFP because it all comes back to how disney makes their movies.
    Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 and The Avengers 1easily match them and Captain America: The Winter Soldier is arguably the best of the two movie series. (I do think Logan and Days of Future Past are the best of the X-Men stuff and better than a lot of the MCU movies, by the way.)

The dark side of creative freedom still works better for films compared to a place where films are monopolized.
    As with anything of a creative nature, it's always on a case by case basis.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Default Part 2

You now we can say things and we can look at the things that really occurred in spacetime. If iron man 2 dealt with his alcoholism then the film will not have been a mess. iron man 2 was when marvel went full Disney. The movie never dealt with it deeply.
    No, even if the alcoholism had been handled well, there are still major problems in the story and pacing that would remain unfixed (the stuff that really is the movie's downfall).

And the director wanted to make up for it in iron man 3 and Disney rejected that.
    the E true story is here: http://www.comicsbeat.com/disney-rej...om-iron-man-3/
    Disney rejects Tony Stark alcoholism storyline from Iron Man 3
    So, Iron Man 3 is bad since it's a different story than what you wanted?

MCU has two things, solo and team movies. They try more with solo since there is more time to focus on the character but their team movies are embarrassing because they is hardly any plot in their team movies. Their solo films are okay but they are not batman begins or logan or deadpool when it comes to characterization or story telling. Marvel movies don’t just provide the story for their characters to have actual depth. we see this more with RDJ saying playing tony is getting embarrassing. This has also been factually proven true from Edward Norton, to Mickey Rouke POV on making mcu movies are been frustrated
    As far as those two actors go, they were in the weakest movies of the series, IMHO. I still maintain that characterization is where the MCU hits things the best.

We don’t need morph in a movie, I only used morph as an example of what xmen characters go through. This not about morph, this is about how mcu will ban what happened to moprh and the consequences if they make an xmen movie.
    Okay.

And no civil war is not more character driven than first class because of the story structure.
    I think Civil War is the better movie and structure is part of it; it's better paced and uses its cast better.

To compare the magneto and Charles to steve and tony is hearsay and laughable.
    How is it hearsay if I saw both? To be fair, however, I do like the Xavier and Magneto scenes in First Class better, however, I think that the MCU series being able to set up Cap and Iron Man's differences and POV's over the course of more movies made for a better story, if that makes any sense.

Supporting characters in first class such as beast and mystique were more character driven than the others characters in civil war...
    Maybe, but they were about the only ones who were. Civil War used it's cast more effectively and gave them characterization across the board. Most of the First Class characters are either cyphers or are given nothing beyond a stock archetype.

...and no please don’t go there with DOFP. DOFP is a drama with comic book elements in it. civil war is a basic action movie with a derivative plot.
    While I disagree with that assessment of Civil War, I like Days of Future Past better, so why would I go there?

Shaw vs Zemo?
    Zemo easily; he's given more depth. We know next to nothing about Shaw in terms of backstory, motivations, and whatnot.

They are making a gambit movie and yeah they want to make a black widow movie and make it a comedy.
    All that remains to be seen.

the frustration of mcu incompetence should not be taken out on the xmen movies.
    Why would I, given that I'm a fan of both and have been generally happy with what they've given us?

Yes it is about a demon bear but it will be much more if you listen to the director and his vision. you know how we have weird dark creatures in fantasy that should not make sense but can if done right. i.e ...LOTR 1 has monster with a whip cane. Point is the tone of new mutants is so far off any mcu movie.people can hate on new mutants but people must still accept that fact.
    I don't like horror, hence a horror X-Men movie is not going to be that kindly received from me. But fair enough to give the movie a chance to succeed with its ideas.

Ant-Man is seen as one of the weakest mcu movies...
    Really?

...and one of their most funny.
    So?

a crime heist film will not have fights on Thomas the tank engine because that is only what kids movies does and kids movies don’t tackle crime on a deep scale.
    Bad logic. Where is it written that heist movies can't be humorous? (Also bear in mind that Ant-Man is also a shrinking superhero movie as well as a heist movie. What's right for that combo may not be be right for a Gambit heist movie.)

Star wars is not a comic book property.
    My point still stands. (Don't move the goalposts.)

I think your take on xmen tas has more do with trying so hard to de-legitimize everything the carton stood so for so xmen can make more sense in the mcu.
    Since I've said that I don't want the X-Men movies to go to Disney and Fox to keep making them as is (case in point I want that X-23 movie made more than a Avengers/X-Factor or whatever crossover movie), I'd have to say "no" to that.

Funny you said it has not aged well, because it is the opposite of the cbr piece and why it has aged well and the opinion of most people or pop culture pundits and actual critics that discuss movies and tv by content. the content is what made TAS.
    My opinion, which others may disagree with. (Since I didn't grow up with the show and it's pretty far removed from the stuff I like most about the franchise, it may not have the same appeal for me as someone who loved the comic stories it adapted.)

Bashing TAS will not change the iconic impact of that show and how that shows is defining the whole debate of a disney xmen movie. TAS may not have aged well for some that want a Disney xmen movie because the more people watch TAS the more they see how even X-Men cartons dealt with adult content and was taken very seriously and since mcu movies don’t really do that. Xmen in the MCU makes no sense[/quote]

What a twenty-year-old cartoon did or did not do have zero relevance to what a movie studio is doing now. Different mediums and different people making them.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

I am Argentinean, and while X-Men was not comparable to the Simpsons in the 90s, it was one of the most popular cartoons.

Here (in the 90s) it was something like first Simpsons, then Captain Tsubasa (Super Campeones in Spanish) and Saint Seya (Caballeros del Zodiaco in Spanish), then Dragon Ball, and after that X-Men TAS. They were more popular than stuff like Ren and Stimpy or Animaniacs for sure.
    The 2000s X-Men movies were very popular because the cartoon had made them household names.

BANNED

I'm from Belgium and while the Simpson were/are somewhat popular, the X-Men animated series was not really a thing here, and I don't think they even aired it completely.

Also, it has seriously low production values with subpar animation, especially compared to the Dini/Timm Batman cartoons.

BANNED

Xmen was massive in the UK in the 90s

I remember all the kids wanting to be wolverine in the playground and merchandise everywhere.

Surely you could not have been that young in the 90s. really Gargoyles? I think the impact of TAS hit way too much of a nerve for those that want to see the mcu agenda forced on xmen because you see TAS is a rejection of that agenda, so what is the next step? try and downplay TAS. NOT

trust me had TAS not be as impactful as you claim, no one will still be talking about or be celebrating it today. this is just a few

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-s...h-anniversary/
    X-Men Turns 25: The Animated Series That Changed Everything

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...on-hit-1052263
    X-Men' at 25: The Unlikely Story of the Animated Hit No Network Wanted

https://www.undercovercapes.com/slop...rsary-special/

you know the only show that got this type of celebration a few months earlier? batman tas. they were the top 2. And I am not even the biggest fan of TAS but it was the best adapted, most popular and the greatest marvel animation ever made that is an opinion 99% of the world shares.

As a kid I traveled to most places of the world like africa and TAS was shown there in reruns, also in asia where the show was remodeled for Japanese TV just like how animes get remade for Americans ..are u freaking kidding me right now about TAS

next thing I will hear is Chris Claremont was never one of the few comic writers to reach super stadom status, perhaps because disney adapting any claremont story will be the equivalent of Michael bay trying to direct a nolan or tarentino written movie. but I do wonder, how can a cartoon like TAS have more maturity, longevity, deeper story telling than any disney marvel movie ever made...how??
    Ehhh...i've said WORLD wide popular. It was good for americans but for the rest of the world it was just one thing amongst many. And not even that good. Yes i wasn't that young but i watched it because hey x-men cool. But i've never let my fandom blind me enough to not see the flaws.And there were many. It had cheap production values, terrible acting at times(worst wolverine ever), Jean turning in a joke, Jubilee, and of course extremely 90 feeling-even for the period oddly- that make it at time heavy to listen

I'll throw in my 2 cents and say that X-men TAS was fairly popular here in Pakistan, along with Batman TAS and Spider-man TAS. Fox Kids was the best!

Well, here on Brazil, X-Men Evolution was the super popular cartoon, instead of the '90s TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The deal isn't dead, it's always been on and off. Even Forbes says the deal is practically inevitable:

I looooove this ! The deal needs to happen ASAP.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Inevitable? I think Forbes is jumping the gun here. I still think the news about this deal is still fresh and full of uncertainty. We don't know much about the kinds of talks Disney and Fox are having or how far they go. I think if it does happen, it probably won't be this year or even next year. Plus, if it does happen, I'm sure it's going to trigger all sorts of anti-trust concerns, just like the AT&T/Time Warner deal is causing now. Time will tell, but I still think a deal like this is a long shot, even if Disney is serious about gaining the content to necessary to compete with Netflix.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Inevitable? I think Forbes is jumping the gun here. I still think the news about this deal is still fresh and full of uncertainty. We don't know much about the kinds of talks Disney and Fox are having or how far they go. I think if it does happen, it probably won't be this year or even next year. Plus, if it does happen, I'm sure it's going to trigger all sorts of anti-trust concerns, just like the AT&T/Time Warner deal is causing now. Time will tell, but I still think a deal like this is a long shot, even if Disney is serious about gaining the content to necessary to compete with Netflix.
    Both companies seem to be eager and the article says that talks have been going on for over year already. Most experts are saying that it makes too much sense to not happen in some way. Fox wants to focus on their sports and news, while Disney wants to expand their catalogue so that they can compete with other streaming services. The best deal for Fox is with Disney. However none of this is set in stone as anything can happen, but many are saying that it is very likely to happen.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Still a lot of pro Fox-Men in this thread I see. I understand this has you guys worried but it's time for a change. Film aside, don't you get it? Disney gets the X-Men back and suddenly we're surrounded by X-Men merch and promotions again! I've missed that since I was a teen in the 90's

Regarding the films...if Fox handled the X-Men like they did with the animated series I'd be a fan, but they didn't. The only good thing to come out of the Singer-verse is Logan and Deadpool, the rest is a stain on the X-Men that I wish never happened. Makes it all the more disgusting knowing that Singer and Ratner who have been exposed in media recently had their filthy, deviant hands on my favorite team of heroes since childhood.
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 11-14-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Still a lot of pro Fox-Men in this thread I see. I understand this has you guys worried but it's time for a change. Film aside, don't you get it? Disney gets the X-Men back and suddenly we're surrounded by X-Men merch and promotions again! I've missed that since I was a teen in the 90's

Regarding the films...if Fox handled the X-Men like they did with the animated series I'd be a fan, but they didn't. The only good thing to come out of the Singer-verse is Logan and Deadpool, the rest is a stain on the X-Men that I wish never happened. Makes it all the more disgusting knowing that Singer and Ratner had their filthy, deviant hands on my favorite team of heroes since childhood.
    Change? You seriously think Disney would drop a cash cow...because? Not to mention they let the creative team at Fox take the wheel with their X-Men shows.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 11-14-2017 at 08:29 AM.