Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

A lot of concerns. I'm really enjoying these R rated films Fox has been doing, and I fear if this becomes true that it could really impact some of the characters that could have benefited from it (X-23, Deadpool, X-Force, potentially Gambit). I also wonder what this could mean to stuff already being planned if this were to be true?

I know that Marvel Entertainment is producing Legion and The Gifted, but I'm worried about those as well. Would they want to continue? Or cut ties and start over. And with Fox talking about how they want to focus on News and Sports, would that impact The Gifted being on their Fox network? Not too thrilled with how this could impact the stuff I'm enjoying with Fox.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/06/medi...ort/index.html

yaaaahhh.. i remember saying with Coates putting storm with black panther there may be something in works were Disney would obtain the xmen properties and it seems I was right.

goddess be praised!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I know that Marvel Entertainment is producing Legion and The Gifted, but I'm worried about those as well. Would they want to continue? Or cut ties and start over. And with Fox talking about how they want to focus on News and Sports, would that impact The Gifted being on their Fox network? Not too thrilled with how this could impact the stuff I'm enjoying with Fox.
    I don't think that would change anything really. As you said, Marvel Entertainment is already involved with Legion and The Gifted. And AFAIK Jeph Loeb isn't actually involved on the creative proccess of the Marvel shows. It's not like the MCU shows actually interacted with the movies at all, and AFAIK, only shows from same network have interacted with each other. So there's no actual reason for them to do that if the series are doing well...

Besides, they may not even reboot X-Men at all. Feels a bit late to include them on the MCU, I don't think that's in Kevin Feige's plans. And Marvel Studios isn't associated with Marvel Entertainment anymore.

About the whole thing on the Fox Network... Idk, and I'm a bit confused. The article says they won't buy the channel but then mentions "TV production" as one of the things they would get alongside the studio? Anyone knows what does that mean?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    LMAO! Thread CLOSED.

Wow.

I think I'm very okay with this.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Good we still R rated xmen movies deadpool 2 xforce and x23 will still happen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think that would change anything really. As you said, Marvel Entertainment is already involved with Legion and The Gifted. And AFAIK Jeph Loeb isn't actually involved on the creative proccess of the Marvel shows. It's not like the MCU shows actually interacted with the movies at all, and AFAIK, only shows from same network have interacted with each other. So there's no actual reason for them to do that if the series are doing well...

Besides, they may not even reboot X-Men at all. Feels a bit late to include them on the MCU, I don't think that's in Kevin Feige's plans. And Marvel Studios isn't associated with Marvel Entertainment anymore.

About the whole thing on the Fox Network... Idk, and I'm a bit confused. The article says they won't buy the channel but then mentions "TV production" as one of the things they would get alongside the studio? Anyone knows what does that mean?
    FOX (the TV network) and 20th Century Fox TV are two different things. One is just a channel and the other one actually produces TV shows. Some of the shows that air on FOX are produced by other studios (Gotham and Lucifer are produced by WB for example). If there were a buyout, Disney would get 20th Century Fox TV, but not the channel FOX.

Lol that was fast (although someone did say that the talks were off and on, but currently off, so who knows).

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the law departments at Disney and Fox realized that it was really close to a monopoly.

Extraordinary Member

While it's still likely that it won't happen, the Bloomberg article doesn't really say the talks are dead (as of this moment, anyway; they might change it later). It says the same thing the CNBC article did: Disney and Fox were talking but they're not talking right now, i.e. the talks are not ongoing but could start again.

LOL You guys know this talk could have absolutely nothing to do with the X-Men and something to do with Fox's many other shitty networks!

Didn't it said since the beginning that they weren't actually talking right now, but it's not completely out of the question yet? Or maybe I'm late and that's the updated part. But that link doesn't really say much besides what the original news were...

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I’m more excited about a possible refocus on the Xmen in animated form/comics/tv series. If they could finally profit then we might get a second golden age and Marvel Universe won’t just be a hard on for the Avengers.
    But the DisMarvel cartoons are trash. I don't wanna see X-Men, or F4, get Avengers Assembled....

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    But the DisMarvel cartoons are trash. I don't wanna see X-Men, or F4, get Avengers Assembled....
    Well, they're nowhere near as good as they could be but some are better or more solid then when Loeb was directly in charge.

Again, ultimately, I think it's important just to get the X-Men in cartoons again either in guest spots or with their own show.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Didn't it said since the beginning that they weren't actually talking right now, but it's not completely out of the question yet? Or maybe I'm late and that's the updated part. But that link doesn't really say much besides what the original news were...
    They aren't talking right now, but they probably will open discussion again. Like I said before, this isn't just for X-Men and FF, they also want those Star Wars original films.