Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    goddess be praised!!!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they're nowhere near as good as they could be but some are better or more solid then when Loeb was directly in charge.

Again, ultimately, I think it's important just to get the X-Men in cartoons again either in guest spots or with their own show.
    I completely agree. It's vital that kids be exposed to the X-men in cartoons and movies, otherwise as a franchise it will become more and more irrelevant. I'm sure a lot of us got into the X-men because of TAS or even Evolution. I'm willing to sit through ANY X-men cartoon at this point, because at least the characters will still stay relevant.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    LOL You guys know this talk could have absolutely nothing to do with the X-Men and something to do with Fox's many other shitty networks!
    no the CNN article I posted stated the deal includes movies as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

YAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!! The ALL-GODDESS has smiled on us today!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

As long as this means white Sunspot and white Cecilia Reyes go far far away, I'm all for it.

By it's pretty dangerous watching all of entertajnment envelop under one mega-company.

I can't see Disney taking the risks Fox did with the X-Men and making movies like Deadpool and Logan. So maybe the main X-Men movies would be better served by going back to Disney, and obviously the comic property will be, but I think a lot of the recent good things from the Fox movies would get ignored in favor of something more in line with Disney's other movies.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    They aren't talking right now, but they probably will open discussion again. Like I said before, this isn't just for X-Men and FF, they also want those Star Wars original films.
    I agree Star Wars is a factor, but I am sure how big of one it really is.

Fox owns distribution rights to the original Star Wars in perpetuity, but the for the five subsequent movies, Fox's distribution rights only extend through May 2020. In 2 1/2 years, Disney will get most of the movies. Disney could wait until 2020 to strike a deal for rights to one movie vs. buying the entire studio to get the all now.

Disney getting Fox's content for their on streaming service is a biggest appeal. That would be something that drives a company to purchase a competitor.

Since I am not a fan of most of the X-Men movies at Fox, I hope the deal goes through and as a result the X-Men are folded into the great Marvel Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/06/medi...ort/index.html

yaaaahhh.. i remember saying with Coates putting storm with black panther there may be something in works were Disney would obtain the xmen properties and it seems I was right.

goddess be praised!!!
    OMG, it's too late to put Ororo in the Black Panther movie, but this basically confirms she'll be in the sequel!! Too bad Angela Bassett definitely can't play Ororo anymore, but that's ok because there's lots of new talent since 2000.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    We'll see how long that lasts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah. New Thor was garbage and I was shocked how people in cinema enjoyed it. And I am not an MCU hater.
    Claiming to not be an MCU hater does little to excuse your shit opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I can't see Disney taking the risks Fox did with the X-Men and making movies like Deadpool and Logan.
    "Risks" those movies weren't risks, people were asking for those types of films for years, wising up and finally listening ain't a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I can't see Disney taking the risks Fox did with the X-Men and making movies like Deadpool and Logan. So maybe the main X-Men movies would be better served by going back to Disney, and obviously the comic property will be, but I think a lot of the recent good things from the Fox movies would get ignored in favor of something more in line with Disney's other movies.
    True but the cat is already out of the bag. Marvel has already seen what Fox has done with Logan and Deadpool so they now know there is a market out there for more mature themed movies. That may be part of the reason they want to buy them out now as it can help diversify their offerings.

Not that I want this deal to go down. I think the movies are fine remaining with Fox.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    As long as this means white Sunspot and white Cecilia Reyes go far far away, I'm all for it.

By it's pretty dangerous watching all of entertajnment envelop under one mega-company.
    We are long past dangerous media. Even just six media mega-corporations is too few.

That said, if Disney has to own everything for there to be a decent chance at a proper Storm on screen, so be it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    We are long past dangerous media. Even just six media mega-corporations is too few.

That said, if Disney has to own everything for there to be a decent chance at a proper Storm on screen, so be it.
    Lol, this is exactly what I've been thinking. Monopolies be damned.

Even if it doesn't happen, it shows Stan lee wasn't just talking out of his butt.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Even with just that gif it's proof Angela Bassett should just play Storm. Any age. It doesn't matter.