Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    So basiclly it almost certainly is Infinity War Parts 1 and 2, they're just calling it something better.
    This deal won't clear regulatory and shareholders hurdles until after Averages 4 is in the theaters. There is no chance of fox characters in this movie, cause Disney won't have the rights to them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    So basiclly it almost certainly is Infinity War Parts 1 and 2, they're just calling it something better.
    Yea i think both movie will stand on they own but basicaly its still 2parter. Part one thanos gets all the stones but the heroes get some kinda minor win Nd he leaves for a short time. Part 2 is Galaxy vs Thanos to avoid extinction im guessing. Im clearly over simplifying but if i had to guess i think thats how its gonna go. If they woulda got the rights back sooner from fox. Woulda been cool to have Thanos rewrite reality and part 2 being like a flashpoiny type story. Except when its done F4 and Xmen merge into the real world. As some have said it sounds like its 12+ months before marvel could use any of those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea i think both movie will stand on they own but basicaly its still 2parter. Part one thanos gets all the stones but the heroes get some kinda minor win Nd he leaves for a short time. Part 2 is Galaxy vs Thanos to avoid extinction im guessing. Im clearly over simplifying but if i had to guess i think thats how its gonna go. If they woulda got the rights back sooner from fox. Woulda been cool to have Thanos rewrite reality and part 2 being like a flashpoiny type story. Except when its done F4 and Xmen merge into the real world. As some have said it sounds like its 12+ months before marvel could use any of those characters.
    I'm not entirely sure the X-Men would work in the MCU. I mean, there's the whole question of why mutants have such bad publicity and are often hated and feared, when other superhumans don't get that same level of mistrust or hate. Comic book writers have tried coming up with explanations for this for decades now.

But it seems to me the X-Men worked just fine in their own universe. Which doesn't rule out Avengers characters traveling the multiverse to visit their world. For all we know, the Infinity War saga will end in the game-changing unveiling of the Multiverse, opening up the later movies to all sorts of new possibilities.

If CW can have Supergirl existing on a different Earth from Arrow, Flash, and the Legends, but team up with them during the occasional crossovers, then surely the movies can get away with having the X-Men and Avengers on different Earths, but still teaming up every now and then.

Incredible Member

But didnt actaul filming of Avengrrs 4 take place back to back with Infinirt war. Like they are filming it now. The set photos of Gwen Paltrow as rescue if for Avengers 4 not infinity war

Also upon googling Hawkeye is on set aswell so he survives Infinity war.

Edit: Upon further research hawkeye may be doing Reshoots for infinity war but Avengers 4 started filming a month and a half ago. If any Fox charaycer are added its gonna be in reshoots and in small parts i assume
    Avengers 4 has not been filmed yet. Josh Brolin has stated in a recent interview, he hasn’t even read the script, yet.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I'm not entirely sure the X-Men would work in the MCU. I mean, there's the whole question of why mutants have such bad publicity and are often hated and feared, when other superhumans don't get that same level of mistrust or hate. Comic book writers have tried coming up with explanations for this for decades now.

But it seems to me the X-Men worked just fine in their own universe. Which doesn't rule out Avengers characters traveling the multiverse to visit their world. For all we know, the Infinity War saga will end in the game-changing unveiling of the Multiverse, opening up the later movies to all sorts of new possibilities.

If CW can have Supergirl existing on a different Earth from Arrow, Flash, and the Legends, but team up with them during the occasional crossovers, then surely the movies can get away with having the X-Men and Avengers on different Earths, but still teaming up every now and then.
    I thought comic writers successfully explained why science made Superheroes get more respect than mutants? To simplify it, its basically man-made Superheroes are “White people" while Mutants are “minorities".
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    There's a great video on youtube that can provide an explanation for that, at least as far as MCU vs. Fox treats their properties. Essentially, heroes like the Avengers tend to be either mask-less and/or operate with government sanction, and even the few that aren't fight in such small scales that it's much easier to relate to their communities. The X-Men, on the other hand, aren't sanctioned by the government, aren't accountable to any official body, aren't publicly known by their real identities, and they tend to do a pretty terrible job in selling what they're for to the public. Compound that with the sheer amount of X-Men heroes and villains out there -- almost all of whom are "mysterious" to the greater public, and there's a massive amount of mistrust built in.

Boisterously Confused

Query: how many Marvel movies can Disney fund in a given year?
    Thought: if the answer to the query is finite, might some of Marvel's currently planned future films get bumped?

I seem to remember some stuff getting postponed/dropped back when Marvel secured access to Spider-Man. I would expect the same treatment now that Marvel has access to the properties that have been its most popular for the last 30 years.

One thing's for sure: any Inhumans fans hoping Marvel might try again can put that dream down for a decade-or-so nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    There's a great video on youtube that can provide an explanation for that, at least as far as MCU vs. Fox treats their properties. Essentially, heroes like the Avengers tend to be either mask-less and/or operate with government sanction, and even the few that aren't fight in such small scales that it's much easier to relate to their communities. The X-Men, on the other hand, aren't sanctioned by the government, aren't accountable to any official body, aren't publicly known by their real identities, and they tend to do a pretty terrible job in selling what they're for to the public. Compound that with the sheer amount of X-Men heroes and villains out there -- almost all of whom are "mysterious" to the greater public, and there's a massive amount of mistrust built in.
    Yea in the mcu The Inhumans are already hated also. U like most avengers they arent gods or normals ppl who had a freak accident. They are your neighbors and children and they are here to replace you on the food chain. Also not everyone hates humans and the ones that do can. E explained through evolution and fear of being replaced like neaderthals(Though we know now they interbred with our ancestos but ignore that) were by us

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm probably gonna like the next version of the MCU even less, so it's sad if FF & X-Men can't get in on this MCU before it draws to an end.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm probably gonna like the next version of the MCU even less, so it's sad if FF & X-Men can't get in on this MCU before it draws to an end.
    Why you say that not big fan of the new wave of charatcer(BP,DrStrange,Antman,CapMarvel etc...)? Or you think they are gonna do Legacy characters like riri as Ironman and Sam and Cap and you dont like that?

Its pretty embarrassing that people are justifying a major media acquisition because in 5 years they are going to get X-Men in the next mediocre Marvel flick.

The truth is, this was a bad buy on Disney's part. Fox's franchises peaked in the 90's and there is really no obvious avenue to reinvigorate them and no, Disney doesn't have the capital to make a 60 billion dollar purchase. They have to borrow the money, which means they have to return it with interest. Not a problem with an investment such as Marvel or Star Wars, but those franchises were easy to tap into and 5 years from now, they are going to be dead or barely maintaining the public's interest.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 12-14-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Why you say that not big fan of the new wave of charatcer(BP,DrStrange,Antman,CapMarvel etc...)? Or you think they are gonna do Legacy characters like riri as Ironman and Sam and Cap and you dont like that?
    Black Panther I am kinda excited for. Underwhelmed by the rest. Yea, I'm concerned about where Iron Man and etc go after Avengers 4 or whatever.

I want to see Jackman Wolvie with RDJ Iron Man & Cap and encountering Infinity Gauntlet Thanos. FF too...Chris Evans dual role as Cap and Human Torch (only non or semi serious here).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Not a problem with an investment such as Marvel or Star Wars, but those franchises were easy to tap into and 5 years from now, they are going to be dead or barely maintaining the public's interest.
    Then 10 years later there'll be a resurgence. I'm pretty sure a corporation as large as Disney makes acquisitions for the long game; as in, paying off years down the road.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Its pretty embarrassing that people are justifying a major media acquisition because in 5 years they are going to get X-Men in the next mediocre Marvel flick.

The truth is, this was a bad buy on Disney's part. Fox's franchises peaked in the 90's and there is really no obvious avenue to reinvigorate them and no, Disney doesn't have the capital to make a 60 billion dollar purchase. They have to borrow the money, which means they have to return it with interest. Not a problem with an investment such as Marvel or Star Wars, but those franchises were easy to tap into and 5 years from now, they are going to be dead or barely maintaining the public's interest.
    they now have Foxs movie library and TV assets

it was a smarter buy than people think because the real meat in the sandwich is the regional sports rights (that has the most value in this deal)