Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Disney considering Buyout of Fox

[URL="https://www.newsarama.com/37232-21st-century-fox-in-talks-for-partial-disney-buyout-report.html?utm_source=notification"]

What do you guys think?

Here's another article

If the purchase isn't for the entirety of Fox but primarily the movie/TV side (since Fox wants to keep its news and sports divisions), the shortsighted fanboy in me finally wants to see the X-Men/FF properties join the MCU properly, but I'm worried that it would mean much less competition in general in Hollywood for all other types of movies. Plus, that would mean that Disney could potentially own two major networks (ABC and Fox), which would mean either dissolving one (likely Fox), changing Fox's programming at a fundamental level (though not all of Fox is my cup of tea, its programming is definitely a different flavor than the other networks), or some other major shift.

Fantastic Four and X-Men in the MCU...
    Annihilation...
    Coming of Galactus...

My body isn't ready.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Here's another article

If the purchase isn't for the entirety of Fox but primarily the movie/TV side (since Fox wants to keep its news and sports divisions), the shortsighted fanboy in me finally wants to see the X-Men/FF properties join the MCU properly, but I'm worried that it would mean much less competition in general in Hollywood for all other types of movies. Plus, that would mean that Disney could potentially own two major networks (ABC and Fox), which would mean either dissolving one (likely Fox), changing Fox's programming at a fundamental level (though not all of Fox is my cup of tea, its programming is definitely a different flavor than the other networks), or some other major shift.
    Not to mention we might finally see the X-Men and FF in cartoons again.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Here's another article

Theres some non monpoly laws that prevents disney from buying things like fox news.

But it appears everything outside of the monopoly red tape would be up for grabs.

Astonishing Member

Interesting....

Oh yes bring xmen and F4 home baby. Just dont want disney to be the only studio in town. If they keep buying ppl out.

And so the interesting X-Men film experimentation dies, seriously, how anyone can celebrate making this stuff even more ruthlessly **** is beyond me. Never mind the fact it's one step closer to a Disney monopoly of the film industry, you guys do know monopolies are bad, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    And so the interesting X-Men film experimentation dies, seriously, how anyone can celebrate making this stuff even more ruthlessly **** is beyond me. Never mind the fact it's one step closer to a Disney monopoly of the film industry, you guys do know monopolies are bad, right?
    There how many Studios in Hollywood and Indie Films also the foreign film industry it hardly makes them a monopoly on Film.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I have to say I'd like to see Disney/Marvel rescue the FF franchise... but I'm against trying to integrate the MCU and the X-verse into a single continuity. I think they've worked better separately. But I think an attempt at integration would be inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I have to say I'd like to see Disney/Marvel rescue the FF franchise... but I'm against trying to integrate the MCU and the X-verse into a single continuity. I think they've worked better separately. But I think an attempt at integration would be inevitable.
    Infinity War should make integration really easy!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Infinity War should make integration really easy!
    I just don't think the movies would benefit by having hundreds of superheroes filling the skies. They... and threats large enough to require their attention... should be fairly rare. I believe the film audiences expect more of a "human scale" and grounding in plausible reality than what's in the comic books.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Assuming that Marvel Studios can deal with and prevent the master schemes of Amy Pascal and Tom Rothman to yank the Spidey rights away once more via their Spider-Manless Reboot in waiting universe, and have Disney finally send Ike Perlmutter off to some dark corner he can't influence anything anymore, then we might finally have a complete Marvel Movie Universe. Fantastic Four, Wolverine vs Hulk, Avengers vs X-Men, a pretty decent adaption of Secret Wars with all the teams... it's a dream which is a little more true to form now.

As for Fox losing the X-Men, it's pretty clear half the time they just toss stuff at the wall to see what sticks, so maybe it is time for Marvel to get the wholesale rights back.

EDIT: Darn it, Ike must have opened his damn mouth again.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 11-06-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Tax sale wise and properties wise (stations etc) this is something Disney and Fox are keeping under wraps. They are saying talks are off to likely sit and talk privately on what Disney will pay , what they will own ect. But Disney is gonna make a full court press on getting it I'm sure. They see billions of dollars in profit ahead and will make a big push privately. Which is smart to do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.