Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Disney considering Buyout of Fox

[URL="https://www.newsarama.com/37232-21st-century-fox-in-talks-for-partial-disney-buyout-report.html?utm_source=notification"]

What do you guys think?

Here's another article

If the purchase isn't for the entirety of Fox but primarily the movie/TV side (since Fox wants to keep its news and sports divisions), the shortsighted fanboy in me finally wants to see the X-Men/FF properties join the MCU properly, but I'm worried that it would mean much less competition in general in Hollywood for all other types of movies. Plus, that would mean that Disney could potentially own two major networks (ABC and Fox), which would mean either dissolving one (likely Fox), changing Fox's programming at a fundamental level (though not all of Fox is my cup of tea, its programming is definitely a different flavor than the other networks), or some other major shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Here's another article

If the purchase isn't for the entirety of Fox but primarily the movie/TV side (since Fox wants to keep its news and sports divisions), the shortsighted fanboy in me finally wants to see the X-Men/FF properties join the MCU properly, but I'm worried that it would mean much less competition in general in Hollywood for all other types of movies. Plus, that would mean that Disney could potentially own two major networks (ABC and Fox), which would mean either dissolving one (likely Fox), changing Fox's programming at a fundamental level (though not all of Fox is my cup of tea, its programming is definitely a different flavor than the other networks), or some other major shift.
    Not to mention we might finally see the X-Men and FF in cartoons again.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Here's another article

Theres some non monpoly laws that prevents disney from buying things like fox news.

But it appears everything outside of the monopoly red tape would be up for grabs.

Astonishing Member

Interesting....

Oh yes bring xmen and F4 home baby. Just dont want disney to be the only studio in town. If they keep buying ppl out.

And so the interesting X-Men film experimentation dies, seriously, how anyone can celebrate making this stuff even more ruthlessly shit is beyond me. Never mind the fact it's one step closer to a Disney monopoly of the film industry, you guys do know monopolies are bad, right?

I don't know if it would dissolve FOX over ABC. Sure ABC might be the bigger broadcast, but FOX also has more channels associated with it then ABC. FX Channels for one, and FOX sports which is huge and gaining more ground on ESPN every day. Plus FOX broadcast news is the main right wing competitor against the many left wing news outlets so it dominates that whole area right there. Big Business is always going more conservative in that regard because of the tax breaks. It would make more sense to keep Fox when CBS and NBC can fight for the leftist liberterian market.

Fantastic Four and X-Men in the MCU...
    Annihilation...
    Coming of Galactus...

My body isn't ready.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven