Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Can we expect Galactus to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I bet james Gunn is already asking that very question
    Gunn wanted a cameo of a couple FF characters in V1 but was told no, had a plan with a character he couldn't use in V1, and wanted to use Surfer and Galactus as the event that starts V2 but was told no.

I think he'll be the first to use any of the Fox characters.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Im thinking this is why the original plan to have Infinity War be two parts was changed

deals like this typically don't happen overnight, so Im assuming at some point, Disney went to Feige and said "things might be changing soon so hold off on that two parter for just a bit"

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Any idea if the Fox projects (X-force, Dr Doom by Noah Hawley, Multiple Man, New Mutants continuity,...) will be canceled ou what will happen to r-rated marvel movies?
    I'm guessing we'll get an announcement on all the post-production and pre-production XCU movies next week. Will be interesting to see if Disney has any input or say in the ones currently already in post-production, which pre-production ones will be cancelled, etc.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Im thinking this is why the original plan to have Infinity War be two parts was changed

deals like this typically don't happen overnight, so Im assuming at some point, Disney went to Feige and said "things might be changing soon so hold off on that two parter for just a bit"
    Its still comes out a year apart and is being filmed back to bacl though right? So doesnt leave much room

BANNED

Its still comes out a year apart and is being filmed back to bacl though right? So doesnt leave much room
    Post production on Infinity War is happening presently

Post production on Infinity War is happening presently
    But didnt actaul filming of Avengrrs 4 take place back to back with Infinirt war. Like they are filming it now. The set photos of Gwen Paltrow as rescue if for Avengers 4 not infinity war

Also upon googling Hawkeye is on set aswell so he survives Infinity war.

Edit: Upon further research hawkeye may be doing Reshoots for infinity war but Avengers 4 started filming a month and a half ago. If any Fox charaycer are added its gonna be in reshoots and in small parts i assume
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-14-2017 at 10:27 AM.

I think Disney keeps Deadpool and Dark Phoenix as is.

New Mutants gets messed with.

The rest (Gambit, Multiple Man, X-Force, etc.) get "shelved" indefinitely.

The Avengers 4 movie will have a Fantastic Four stinger with them walking into the "newly" made tower saying, "We're home."

That's my guess.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Kevin Feige just became one of the most powerful studio heads in Hollywood this morning

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think Disney keeps Deadpool and Dark Phoenix as is.

New Mutants gets messed with.

The rest (Gambit, Multiple Man, X-Force, etc.) get "shelved" indefinitely.

The Avengers 4 movie will have a Fantastic Four stinger with them walking into the "newly" made tower saying, "We're home."

That's my guess.
    The deal still takes 12-18 months to finalize, so I imagine that Deadpool, Dark Phoenix, and New Mutants will proceed as planned. The rest are up in the air but will likely be vastly different, if they happen at all.

There's precedent for Marvel Studios taking what's established and changing things up, though. Ed Norton's Incredible Hulk was developed first as a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk (with Marvel adopting the attitude of, "We'll show them how it's done") and even then, it was only midway through the process where it was decided to just be completely separate from Lee's Hulk altogether. That's one reason why there's very little in the way of an origin story, why the prologue zips through (and has a five year later card), and why the movie goes in already assuming a relationship between Bruce and Betty. Really, remove the prologue (and obviously Marvel decree that it's separate from the Lee movie) and Norton's Hulk would fit almost perfectly with the first movie.

BANNED

also, as a sports fan, what does this mean for Fox Sports? they are one of the primary broadcasters for the NFL and Fox did spend a ton of money to get the broadcast rights for the US Open and the World Cup

just answered my own question

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/1...ional-networks

ESPN is expanding in local sports coverage after its parent company, Disney, acquired 22 regional sports networks in a massive deal with 21st Century Fox.

Fox will maintain control of its national television networks, including FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network, but the RSNs now fall under ESPN's umbrella. Those networks hold the broadcast rights for 44 MLB, NBA and NHL teams.

The networks acquired include Yankees and Nets broadcaster YES, Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket in the Los Angeles market and other local broadcasters from coast to coast. They hold the rights to 17 NBA teams, 15 MLB teams and 12 NHL teams, in addition to MLS, WNBA and college sports.

also, as a sports fan, what does this mean for Fox Sports? they are one of the primary broadcasters for the NFL and Fox did spend a ton of money to get the broadcast rights for the US Open and the World Cup

just answered my own question

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/1...ional-networks

I thought I read that Fox was keeping their sports networks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    I thought I read that Fox was keeping their sports networks.
    they are keeping the "national brands" FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network

everything else goes to Disney (ESPN)

BANNED

also don't expect cameos or hints anytime soon in the films, this deal has some regulatory hurdles to clear and could take anywhere from 12 to 18 months

BANNED

But didnt actaul filming of Avengrrs 4 take place back to back with Infinirt war. Like they are filming it now. The set photos of Gwen Paltrow as rescue if for Avengers 4 not infinity war

Also upon googling Hawkeye is on set aswell so he survives Infinity war.

Edit: Upon further research hawkeye may be doing Reshoots for infinity war but Avengers 4 started filming a month and a half ago. If any Fox charaycer are added its gonna be in reshoots and in small parts i assume
    So basiclly it almost certainly is Infinity War Parts 1 and 2, they're just calling it something better.

As a comic book, and mainly Marvel, fanboy...this is a deal basically 10 years in the making and is unbelievable. It is amazing, awesome, cool, and all the superlatives you can heap onto it.

As a movie-goer...I think things may have changed drastically, maybe for the worst than better.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/