Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    You mentioned this before, but I don't think the ppl who are against this care about how the franchises get pushed. I think we all get anything Disney touches turns to revenue gold. But that's not the point. If we like the Simpsons, Aliens, Predator, XCU, Bob's Burgers, etc as they are now, why would we want Disney's generic touch on them? Why would we want Bart Simpson to be the next Mickey Mouse? Why would we want the more real, more mature and relatable XCU to be turned into the generic cheese-fest that is the MCU? etc. ET CETERA

It may be all about money to the suits in charge, but that's probably the last thing it's about for the fans.

Disney has owned many companies that they were hands off for creatively. Pulp Fiction was released by a Disney owned company. Do you really think they added a "Disney generic touch" to it?

The cries of Disney meddling were flung around when they bought Marvel, but that didn't stop controversial storylines from going forward.

A more realistic view is that Disney likes to acquire companies that appeal to new consumers then let the person in charge of the department run it as they see fit as long as it delivers the revenue.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 12-12-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Disney has owned many companies that they were hands off for creatively. Pulp Fiction was released by a Disney owned company. Do you really think they added a "Disney generic touch" to it?

The cries of Disney meddling were flung around when they bought Marvel, but that didn't stop controversial storylines from going forward.

A more realistic view is that Disney likes to acquire companies that appeal to new consumers then let the person in charge of the department run it as they see fit as long as it deliveries the revenue.
    Yes, but realism has no place in this melodrama, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    On the one hand, it will be great to have all Marvel properties back under the same roof. The opportunity to see that on screen is a dream come true. We can finally experience the entire Marvel Universe. To see the stories and relationships between each and every character.

However, I don't want to see Marvel Studios to suddenly give us endless X-Men films. We only got the properties we have because they had nothing else. I don't want to see third or second tier characters shunted on the back burner for the more popular characters. That's my biggest worry.
    Id be more worried about not getting as many Xmen movies. I highly doubt Marvels gonna shun any of these characters for the Xmen. But unless fox studio stays open and keep making the side movies (Deadpool/New Mutants/Gambit/Xforce etc) we are gonna get way less xmen themed movies. Maybe just let those characters exists in theyre own space with someone at fox running the show. Bit i doubt Disney gonna throw away and xmen movie fox already filmed. Which means were gonna have to wait quite a bit longer for them to be available to be rebooted into the MCU. Unless someone thinks they will consider shelving Dark Phoenix saga even though its already made.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Id be more worried about not getting as many Xmen movies. I highly doubt Marvels gonna shun any of these characters for the Xmen. But unless fox studio stays open and keep making the side movies (Deadpool/New Mutants/Gambit/Xforce etc) we are gonna get way less xmen themed movies. Maybe just let those characters exists in theyre own space with someone at fox running the show. Bit i doubt Disney gonna throw away and xmen movie fox already filmed. Which means were gonna have to wait quite a bit longer for them to be available to be rebooted into the MCU. Unless someone thinks they will consider shelving Dark Phoenix saga even though its already made.
    I think the closest analog to the Marvel Studios/Fox Studios is when Disney bought Pixar.

Since then Pixar movies have come out at a regular pace, but the Disney Animated Studios also produced movies at a regular pace. So it is possible that Disney keep both studios open and making content. Especially with Deadpool and other R rated X-Men movies being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I think the closest analog to the Marvel Studios/Fox Studios is when Disney bought Pixar.

Since then Pixar movies have come out at a regular pace, but the Disney Animated Studios also produced movies at a regular pace. So it is possible that Disney keep both studios open and making content. Especially with Deadpool and other R rated X-Men movies being discussed.
    You would either have to put Feige in charge or only let fox make the films for characters who they dont want in the MCU. Make an R rated universe seperate Deadpool/Moonkight/Blade/Gambit etc.... Or it doesnt have to officaly seperate but have no crossover

the avengers characters (and actors) are all ageing and so are their stories. having the x-men back will mean marvel has fresh characters to explore

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm happy with Fox's handling of the X-Men (mostly) and I'm not interested in seeing them rebooted or merged with the MCU.

It would be great, though, if Stan Lee could live long enough to see (and cameo in) an actual good Fantastic Four movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Given all of this, and the current political environment that seems determined to reward large political contributors through the destruction of net neutrality, I see a very bleak future for the movie industry and Disney in particular. I suspect that the not-too-distant-future holds a lot more Jessica Jones and Iron Fist than it does Marvel's The Avengers and Deadpool.
    How is Jessica Jones Iron Fist level bad? I binged the former in two days and couldn't finish the first episode of the latter. Jessica Jones is one of the best things to come out of the MCU (though the TV shows are at this point just glorified fanfiction that has nothing to do with the movies).

On the upcoming merger, seems almost confirmed the Murdochs are going to have power in Disney and that's more disgusting than the elimination of competition that'll come with the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the avengers characters (and actors) are all ageing and so are their stories. having the x-men back will mean marvel has fresh characters to explore
    But for the immediate future its crowded. Avengers old guard will be phasing out over the next 2 years. But you still have BP,Captain Marvel,Antman Wasp,GoTG,Spidey,Dr Strange. Im pretty sure falcon or Bucky is gonna continue on as Captain America but they may just be in Avengers movies. Incorporating Xmen and Side movies plus the F4 is gonna leave a very busy schedule for Marvel Studios. Thats why any non main Xmen team story i think could be done by fox. Keep Deadpools whole team and let that studio make those movies and any other characters Feige doesnt want in the MCU. And not just Xmen charatcers. Any Obscure charatcer someone pitches movie for you like. Send it over to fox and let them take a crack.

All this is gonna be pointless if Disneys closes and Liquidates Fox Studios. Just saying its an option that keeps us getting 3 Xmen related movies a year.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    See im getting conflicting strories from multiple posters on if Disney is buy the Fox Network. I coulda swore they said they woukd get The Simpsons and all that but then pll started saying that Fox Network isnt part of it just cable stuff.

Well disney was partnering with Fox on The Gifted and Legion right? So that shoulda be effected too much.
    The network itself is off limits, but shows produced under the Fox banner aren't.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

yeah bp is still very fresh. he would be the good intro to storm and then send her to the x-men.

have carol's sequel open up with mystique shooting her out of the sky and rogue drain her into a coma.

have ant-man and wasp working at the brand corp where they meet beast who drinks his serum.

and then get professor to come gather the team

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    How is Jessica Jones Iron Fist level bad? I binged the former in two days and couldn't finish the first episode of the latter. Jessica Jones is one of the best things to come out of the MCU (though the TV shows are at this point just glorified fanfiction that has nothing to do with the movies).

On the upcoming merger, seems almost confirmed the Murdochs are going to have power in Disney and that's more disgusting than the elimination of competition that'll come with the deal.
    Not bad or good, just a different scale and a different level of entertainment when comparing Netflix to cinema.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm happy with Fox's handling of the X-Men (mostly) and I'm not interested in seeing them rebooted or merged with the MCU.

It would be great, though, if Stan Lee could live long enough to see (and cameo in) an actual good Fantastic Four movie.
    QFT. He should come back as Willie Lumpkin again. He still looks pretty fit for a fellow his age.

The first Fox attempt at the FF one was "OK" ....nothing great but it had its moments. Chiklis and Evans were very good as the Thing and the Torch. Obviously their Doom was terrible in all 3 attempts. I'd like to see Doom in the MCU but I'm afraid that Fox has poisoned the well for a while and movie goers not familiar with the comics are going to say, "what? him again?"

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I thought I was the only one not excited about the prospect of the X-Men joining the MCU. I was looking foward to what Fox might do with Laura (X-23), X-Force, etc. and now we probably won't get any of it.

I am absolutely thrilled at the prospect of the FF in the MCU though.

I'm happy with Fox's handling of the X-Men (mostly)
    I lost interest in X-Men movies after Days of Future Past. Never even watched Apocalypse and honestly don't have all that much urge to see Dark Phoenix. The new cast doesn't do anything for me.