Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Deal is expected to be announced next week.

It's all over the news.

Just saw a beat on it on CNN Money and now PBS.
    Ya probably but intill they say it's officially in the bag nothing is officiall.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yep supposed to be a near $60 billion dollar deal that Disney worked out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If Fox were to make this deal with Comcast instead of Disney, don't the rights to the X-Men and FF still revert to Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Of course its possible, the real question is what's the possibility?

Has Marvel Studios released R movies?
    Marvel Studios has not yet released an R rated movie...... yet. They also have not released a movie with a person of color in the lead.... yet. But Black Panther is coming out next year. They haven't released a movie with a female lead.... yet. But Captain Marvel is in the pipeline. There's a lot of things Marvel Studios hasn't done.... yet. The only thing that means is that they haven't done it yet, not that it will never happen.

As for possibilities? Deadpool 2. If the deal goes through soon, as everyone is speculating, then Deadpool is now part of Disney/Marvel and would be released with Disney distribution. Do you really expect them to cancel Deadpool 2? Or try to turn it into a PG-13 movie instead?

For other possibilities? X-23 is a good candidate. Or a Blade reboot. Maybe they dig into the lesser known characters and give us a Dominic Fortune movie and go full Howard Chaykin in the violence and nudity. Maybe they want to explore the horror side of the MCU and do a Tomb of Dracula or Man-Thing. There are endless possibilities here. The only limiting factor is if Disney is willing to release movies that could make them a lot of money. And Disney has a pretty good track record of going where the money is.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    They can just use Infinity War to merge them. Even if it has been filmed already. One of the repercussions for all that power of the gauntlet is Mutants merging into the MCU reality or something. Just start talking about Westchester and mutants in the Netflix shows.
    Or my preferred method of using Hickmans Avengers run to lead up to Secret Wars. Then at the end you could have mutants and the FF in the MCU. You could even use the X-men as stand ins for the Great Society during the many movies you could make from that run. In my opinion they could make an entire interconnected story that would span at least as long as the current MCU has and climax with an integrated universe where all of Marvels most iconic properties reside.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosfist View Post
    Or my preferred method of using Hickmans Avengers run to lead up to Secret Wars. Then at the end you could have mutants and the FF in the MCU. You could even use the X-men as stand ins for the Great Society during the many movies you could make from that run. In my opinion they could make an entire interconnected story that would span at least as long as the current MCU has and climax with an integrated universe where all of Marvels most iconic properties reside.
    Honestly I think stuff like Secret Wars (or Flashpoint over on the DC side of things) would be too convoluted and confusing to transfer into a movie. Just my opinion, but I think it would be a turn off for the masses. You can pull that sort of thing off on a TV show where you have hours and hours to explain everything. But in a movie, I just don't know whether or not they can pull it off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think stuff like Secret Wars (or Flashpoint over on the DC side of things) would be too convoluted and confusing to transfer into a movie. Just my opinion, but I think it would be a turn off for the masses. You can pull that sort of thing off on a TV show where you have hours and hours to explain everything. But in a movie, I just don't know whether or not they can pull it off.
    Secret Wars would be easier than Flashpoint, but any movie implementation would be bound to be disappointing to fans of the mini-series. For a movie, the whole thing would have to be boiled down to a scene like Civil War was. The problem with Secret Wars, on its surface, is that it doesn't DO anything, it doesn't progress anything, it doesn't develop anything. Secret Wars as such doesn't tie into anything currently going on in the MCEU.

So it would end up being...a big fight, which is not really what keeps the MCEU going.

Thanks for the update.

I cant wait for a rebooted Xmen movie. I have faith Marvel will do it right. I liked most of Foxes movies but they werent very close to the source material.

And there is a zero percent chance Disney benches Deadpool imo. Dark Phoenix saga i dont know though.

Xmen i feel might take a minute to apprar in the MCU but i hope they fast Track a F4 movie. No explanation needed the F4 could either just get theyre powers or have them be explorers who were presumed dead and let them have some kinda Space adventure before coming back at the end of the movie and being greeted by an Avenger or run into the GOTG. Something to say hey they are in the MCU.

The Thing and Hulk throwing down is a real possibility now.Wolverine and Hulk. Alright ima stop typing before i keep rambling on in a nerd rage

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    If Fox were to make this deal with Comcast instead of Disney, don't the rights to the X-Men and FF still revert to Marvel?
    It's thought that this was one of the deciding factors for them going with Disney instead, legally much more straightforward

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    a brainwashed adult is not the same as a little girl who goes all out on everything.

you think Disney is not going to hand that stuff to Marvel studios?
    Don't care. outside of Logan and Deadpool, the X-franchise has been largely forgettable. CA: WS and CA:CW have shown that in the cinematic universe they can do exceptional mature content, while sprinkling in bits of humor. An I can pretty much guarantee that Black Panther and Infinity War are not going to be a laugh fest.

Ultimate Member

The one caveat that I have to the potential "Marvel/Disney buys Fox" thing. I want Disney to keep letting Fox experiment with genres with these films (because they seem keen on that right now):

-Logan was a gritty modern-day Western/chase film.
    -Deadpool was a super-violent black comedy
    -New Mutants seems to be basically a horror film.
    -Gambit is apparently going to be a heist film (which makes sense).
    -Etc.

Also Fox is willing to make R-rated X-Men films to. So if Disney gives them freedom like that, then fine go ahead and sell. But if Disney is going to try and "Marvel-ize" everything (I like the Marvel films overall, but I don't want everything to feel/look that way), then I'm not nearly as keen on them getting their hands on X-Men.

We'll see I guess.

If you want to making a merging of the two(three) Universes, I mentioned Phoenix and X-Men Quicksilver but the proper gateway for it would be Kang(who is owned by Fox).

A dimensions-spanning time-traveller. You could have him do something like he is trying to merge the divergeant timelines by using Phoenix(Rachel Summers was used in a similar fashion in a epic Excalibur story way back). Reed Richards in his World sees what is happening by investigating the Negative Zone, divises a plan to stop Kang by fighting him way back in Egyptians times when Kang ruled as Ramses(similar to one of the early FF stories).

Eventually this leads to the destruction of the FF's and X-Men's Universes and they all end up in the Avengers Universe where they all defeat Kang.

This would lead to an interesting situation where X-Men come to a World where there's no mutants. Yet. And then the mutants start popping up and being born all over. It becomes like a sort of disease and it is discovered that the presence of the X-Men has lead directly to it, like it has altered the natural World. People are blaming the X-Men but more importantly the Avengers are pissed cause it's like a thousand more problems has far as protecting the World. Cause the possibility of facing more villains is real everytime a mutant is born.

What it does is it puts the X-Men back in the the role of outcasts but in an interesting new way.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 12-08-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Deadpool was a super-violent black comedy
    Why do people keep on calling Deadpool a black comedy? The Death of Stalin was a black comedy, Deadpool just had violence and bad words. The edgiest joke in it was about pegging. The character of Deadpool was significantly neutered to the point they had teenage girls hug him for being such a great guy.

Also Fox is willing to make R-rated X-Men films to. So if Disney gives them freedom like that, then fine go ahead and sell. But if Disney is going to try and "Marvel-ize" everything (I like the Marvel films overall, but I don't want everything to feel/look that way), then I'm not nearly as keen on them getting their hands on X-Men.

We'll see I guess.
    If Kevin Feige wants the X-Men in the MCU he's going to get them. And I doubt a Gambit movie will be able to fit on his schedule of 3 movies a year.

I liked Logan but R-ratings don't make good movies and most superhero stories don't need them. X-Men is about teenage angst and should be open to younger audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Why do people keep on calling Deadpool a black comedy? The Death of Stalin was a black comedy, Deadpool just had violence and bad words. The edgiest joke in it was about pegging. The character of Deadpool was significantly neutered to the point they had teenage girls hug him for being such a great guy.

If Kevin Feige wants the X-Men in the MCU he's going to get them. And I doubt a Gambit movie will be able to fit on his schedule of 3 movies a year.

I liked Logan but R-ratings don't make good movies and most superhero stories don't need them. X-Men is about teenage angst and should be open to younger audiences.
    This and wolverine should not be apart of te first xmen movie. Use the Original team. I know Disney isnt gonna give Netflix anymore properties to play with but id love Wolverine to get a netflix show seperate from the Xmen. Hes had a long interesting life and 99% that takes place away from the Xmen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

With getting 21st Century the Marvel folks will likely do 2-3 extra movies a year to handle those extra films. They already have 3 films in the pipelines coming ahead with Deadpool , X-Men : Dark Phoenix and New Mutants. Also with plans of X-Force and Gambit. So they will likely keep the number up by one and do the cross pollinating that Feige will do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.