Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

They can just use Infinity War to merge them. Even if it has been filmed already. One of the repercussions for all that power of the gauntlet is Mutants merging into the MCU reality or something. Just start talking about Westchester and mutants in the Netflix shows.

Since many Marvel characters wll probably die in the next Avengers movie, if Disney get Fox, they could do a Ground Zero take of all the Marvel characters and recast everybody in the Avengers, FF and X-Men. Start everything from scratch. Come up with a new origin for them, etc...But this would have to happen BEFORE Fox moves ahead with their Dark Phoenix movie.

But in the X-Men cast I would only probably keep Sophie turner as Jean and the New Mutants.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 12-07-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Agreed. I would like to see X men movies that aren't about Mystique and Wolverine only for awhile. And the rest of the team can get equal development and not just be there for special effects.

Mystique having such a prominent role has been a sore spot for me in the last several.
    If Jennifer Lawrence's contract comes with the buyout, you can bet they are going to use her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    DP probably not but Pheonix will probably get reworked if they want.
    I imagine if this gets through Pheonix will have its ending reworked to exclude sequel teases and be more "final" and have a proper goodbye. Beyond that, I think they'll just let the thing be released and be as bad as you'd expect a Kinberg film to be. If it's good, people might actually want a sequel.

Astonishing Member

Disney/Marvel is not going to make a movie about an 11 year-old girl gutting people with hand knives.
    They did a movie where Iron Man watches a tape of Captain America's best friend murdering Tony's parents by strangulation and beating to death. Maybe the MCU is a tad more serious than you give it credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well Marvel had a pitch in 2011 that involved the FF appearing from the past chasing Kang and people forgot about them because Kang was trying to erase them from existence.
    Ok that'd be pretty cool. I'd like to see them though, at that point, land in the current timeline or at least be able to travel back there again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Since many Marvel characters wll probably die in the next Avengers movie, if Disney get Fox, they could do a Ground Zero take of all the Marvel characters and recast everybody in the Avengers, FF and X-Men. Start everything from scratch. Come up with a new origin for them, etc...But this would have to happen BEFORE Fox moves ahead with their Dark Phoenix movie.

But in the X-Men cast I would only probably keep Sophie turner as Jean and the New Mutants.
    They already have movies in production following the next Avengers including Avengers 4. It's not likely they're going to drop everything and reboot any time soon. I'm sure they'll find a way to fit FF and X-Men into current continuity if it comes down to that. I personally don't believe that there will be a reboot, new origins, new actors, etc. for a very long time. They've got stuff planned out for years to come and much like with Spider-Man, I'm sure they already have some kind of plan in the works should the FF and X-Men become available.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 12-07-2017 at 01:54 PM.

BANNED

RIP x-men movies. I guess going out with Logan was good.

Sure as hell never going to see an x-23 movie.
    Touchstone can make the R rated films.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post

Didnt that movie already start filming? Coulda swore i heard something about Xmen having already started. Or finished actualy i think

So wait...are scarlet witch and quicksilver magneto's kids again now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    people would rather pretend Disney can only make family friendly films. The fact the such family friendly films as Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Clerks, the Scream trilogy, etc were all made by Disney owned studios flies right over their head

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Didnt that movie already start filming? Coulda swore i heard something about Xmen having already started. Or finished actualy i think
    Entertainment weekly released the First look covers today already for Phoenix. And supposedly they are spending almost a year on the special effects?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So wait...are scarlet witch and quicksilver magneto's kids again now?
    Maybe somewhere down the line but as of yet no they're not...

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    They did a movie where Iron Man watches a tape of Captain America's best friend murdering Tony's parents by strangulation and beating to death. Maybe the MCU is a tad more serious than you give it credit for.
    a brainwashed adult is not the same as a little girl who goes all out on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    you think Disney is not going to hand that stuff to Marvel studios?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    They already have movies in production following the next Avengers including Avengers 4. It's not likely they're going to drop everything and reboot any time soon. I'm sure they'll find a way to fit FF and X-Men into current continuity if it comes down to that. I personally don't believe that there will be a reboot, new origins, new actors, etc. for a very long time. They've got stuff planned out for years to come and much like with Spider-Man, I'm sure they already have some kind of plan in the works should the FF and X-Men become available.
    Well Marvel has Black Panther and Captain Marvel and the next Spider-Man. But Kevin Feige implied that Infinity Wars may be the end of what we know of of Marvel. These three characters are relatively fresh so they could be sparred. But the others could be use a facelift. I doubt Downey Jr. has any future plans at Marvel. If Cap dies, they could do a storyline a new Captain America film similar to what happened in the comics where there's a recruiting drive to find a new Cap and John Walker wins the contest....leading to all sort of troubles.

If Disney buys Marvel, it would be interesting to see say Phoenix and Quicksilver breach a Universe and end up in the Avengers Universe. Seeing X-Men Quicksilver join the Avengers would be fantastic.