Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    If this happens FXX will be dissolved. There's no way Disney would let that channel exist anymore.
    Can this decades old stereotype just die? This hasn't been true at least since Disney bought Miramax 25 years ago. They don't have any problem owning something that doesn't fall in the "traditional Disney Values" umbrella, they just use a different label for it and reap the money from it.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-08-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Can this decades old stereotype just die? This hasn't been true at least since Disney bought Miramax 25 years ago. They don't have any problem owning something that doesn't fall in the "traditional Disney Values" umbrella, they just use a different label for it and reap the money from it.
    Yeah, that goes all the way back to Touchstone in the 80's.

What I get from this is that FOX is looking to go small. It going to happen eventually.

Marvel getting X-Men and FF back would be phenomenal. I think Disney should do more than have Marvel Studios, they should split all their Marvel properties together. Create a heaven for Marvel, maybe buy a whole building in New York called the Baxter Building. But more importantly just have Marvel make all their own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That is strange considering that not too long ago there was a news story saying Sony wanted out of the movie business.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    That is strange considering that not too long ago there was a news story saying Sony wanted out of the movie business.
    I guess smhc gave Sony new hope for the future of there movies....

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I guess smhc gave Sony new hope for the future of there movies....
    Aaaaah crap!

Aaaaah crap!
    I was not a big fan of kid Spiderman but veenum and sliver and black sounds cool.

I'd like for Disney to buy back the Marvel properties and the Star Wars rights and then SONY buy the studio itself and then for SONY to rename their film division 20th Century Fox.

Why? Because I like the name "20th Century Fox," it has a great legacy and identity and I feel the SONY studio has never had a firm identity or anything memorable about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I'd like for Disney to buy back the Marvel properties and the Star Wars rights and then SONY buy the studio itself and then for SONY to rename their film division 20th Century Fox.

Why? Because I like the name "20th Century Fox," it has a great legacy and identity and I feel the SONY studio has never had a firm identity or anything memorable about it.
    I always thought they should drop the "fox". Just name it "21th Century Pictures".

BANNED

I always thought they should drop the "fox". Just name it "21th Century Pictures".
    That would be tantamount to renaming WB "Brothers Pictures"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its not gonna shock me to see that were gonna see 3 major studios left (a 4th if ya count Universal). But the 3 big players will likely be Disney , Sony and Warner Brothers. Those 3 will be the last ones standing likely. Now what happens with Fox will be interesting. Sony and Disney have major cash to make a move.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its not gonna shock me to see that were gonna see 3 major studios left (a 4th if ya count Universal). But the 3 big players will likely be Disney , Sony and Warner Brothers. Those 3 will be the last ones standing likely. Now what happens with Fox will be interesting. Sony and Disney have major cash to make a move.
    Disney is already out of the talks, reportedly, so I wouldn't look for much on that front.

I don't like the idea of updating the "20th Century" part because to me it symbolizes the era it was founded, like a brewery putting "Established 1916" on their bottles.