Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Disney is already out of the talks, reportedly, so I wouldn't look for much on that front.
    I heard they was still in talks secretly...so who knows.

As a comic fan I would love it if Marvel had all their characters but we would actually have less comic movies on screen.

Consider all the DC characters have been at the same studio ever, ever since the first Superman movie(1978), DC heroes have been on the big screen for 23 times. While there has been 46 Marvel movies since 1978.

This was accomplished by having many studios having the Marvel characters from Corman to New Line to Paramount, Fox, Universal and Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I don't like the idea of updating the "20th Century" part because to me it symbolizes the era it was founded, like a brewery putting "Established 1916" on their bottles.
    But we're in the 21th Century, buddy! It's silly to keep saying 20th Century. When they came up with the name, it's cause they felt it was futuristic. Now they keep it, why, cause they want to remind people of when it was created? Because we love the old stuff? Also it is called 20th Century Fox cause it's a fusion of 20th Century pictures and Fox pictures. Now the fusion is done, it doesn't mean anything. The Fox part just means it's a red animal.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 11-24-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Just realised that Logan made 616 millions. Get it?

Is this the future for Wolverine and the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Just realised that Logan made 616 millions. Get it?

Is this the future for Wolverine and the X-Men?
    Lol

Have they brought 616 Wolverine back yet? Or is it still just old man logan and X23 running around?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol

Have they brought 616 Wolverine back yet? Or is it still just old man logan and X23 running around?
    I don't know. But at least in the movies, that future old Logan is dead. Also come to think of it, if they want to use X-23, they would have to use a little time-travel, right. Maybe via Cable. Then she could join the New Mutants.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well according to an update , a deal could be close soon between Disney/Fox. Sony tried to step in but Disney seems to be wanting it the most (with good reason....X-Men , Fantastic Four etc).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I really need this to happen. With the X-Men under MCU control, maybe their films will start being consistently good.

And don't get me started on how much the Fantastic Four needs this (though...to be fair, I liked the original two movies. Even if their version of Doctor Doom was awful)

Astonishing Member

I just don't see a downside for Disney. If they can get it they should. They can afford it, they would absolutely recoup their money and they NEED access to all the X-men and FF Villains. Even more than they need the heroes folded in.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I just don't see a downside for Disney. If they can get it they should. They can afford it, they would absolutely recoup their money and they NEED access to all the X-men and FF Villains. Even more than they need the heroes folded in.
    I would argue they need the FF stuff more than X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well according to an update , a deal could be close soon between Disney/Fox. Sony tried to step in but Disney seems to be wanting it the most (with good reason....X-Men , Fantastic Four etc).
    I doubt that the Marvel IPs are in Disney's top 10 list of things they want from Fox.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    As a comic fan I would love it if Marvel had all their characters but we would actually have less comic movies on screen.

Consider all the DC characters have been at the same studio ever, ever since the first Superman movie(1978), DC heroes have been on the big screen for 23 times. While there has been 46 Marvel movies since 1978.

This was accomplished by having many studios having the Marvel characters from Corman to New Line to Paramount, Fox, Universal and Disney.

But we're in the 21th Century, buddy! It's silly to keep saying 20th Century. When they came up with the name, it's cause they felt it was futuristic. Now they keep it, why, cause they want to remind people of when it was created? Because we love the old stuff? Also it is called 20th Century Fox cause it's a fusion of 20th Century pictures and Fox pictures. Now the fusion is done, it doesn't mean anything. The Fox part just means it's a red animal.

I don't understand why disney could not just release a movie every month, or two per month.

Right now there are what?

2-3 marvel movies per year?

1 star wars movie per year?

X animated disney and or pixar movies per year? (let's say 3)

That's 3-7 movies per year.

That allows an awful lot of calendar space for more marvel movies.

Most months I don't go to the movies at all because there is not jack I want to bother seeing. If there was more of the kinds of movies I wanted to see, more people like myself would go out more often. This is not complicated stuff. And the movies don't need to be strictly holiday or summer releases. The original guardians of the galaxy did phenomenally well during a vacant launch time that was not typically known for big blockbusters. Now Disney might still stretch things out, but they do not NEED to. They could easily bankroll a couple xmen movie releases per year, and even more tv shows.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Are Disney no longer interested in Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy anymore? I haven't seen any new movies with them for ages.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Are Disney no longer interested in Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy anymore? I haven't seen any new movies with them for ages.

Of course not, those characters are dead and mean nothing, that's why Disney went out and bought characters and property that had actually gained traction.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Those characters are more trademarks and mascots these days than characters.

Which suits me, I don't really want to see the many ways the 21st century would ruin them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Those characters are more trademarks and mascots these days than characters.

Which suits me, I don't really want to see the many ways the 21st century would ruin them.
    Apparently you guys don't watch the Disney Channel. That said, I don't expect to see these guys reach the big screen again.