Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I doubt that the Marvel IPs are in Disney's top 10 list of things they want from Fox.
    Suuuurrrre

BANNED

I doubt that the Marvel IPs are in Disney's top 10 list of things they want from Fox.
    I've followed your comments for years. I've disagreed with you at times, but not often. This is the first silly thing I've ever heard you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I don't understand why disney could not just release a movie every month, or two per month.

Right now there are what?

2-3 marvel movies per year?

1 star wars movie per year?

X animated disney and or pixar movies per year? (let's say 3)

That's 3-7 movies per year.

That allows an awful lot of calendar space for more marvel movies.

Most months I don't go to the movies at all because there is not jack I want to bother seeing. If there was more of the kinds of movies I wanted to see, more people like myself would go out more often. This is not complicated stuff. And the movies don't need to be strictly holiday or summer releases. The original guardians of the galaxy did phenomenally well during a vacant launch time that was not typically known for big blockbusters. Now Disney might still stretch things out, but they do not NEED to. They could easily bankroll a couple xmen movie releases per year, and even more tv shows.
    I'm the same, I only go to the movies for event movies like this and I would go more if there were more. My guess is that they couldn't produce more cause of how expensive they are to make?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Suuuurrrre
    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I've followed your comments for years. I've disagreed with you at times, but not often. This is the first silly thing I've ever heard you say.

Disney has made billions of dollars off Marvel characters IP's. Of course they want the entire X-Men and FF back . Once those are back , they can have more money to be made.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Marvel is like: "in Avengers 4 we'll destroy all our characters".

Then they buy Fox and get Galactus back:"holly crap, scratch these plans!".

Amazing Member

I'm pretty sure they would be. They would be high on the list, but there are other things they want. They want all rights to Star Wars. They also want the Avatar franchise as well as the rest of the Fox library for content for the new streaming service. They also want the cable networks and the international assets. Now, I do imagine Disney may not keep all of the franchises due to the Feds, that some franchises don't fit the Disney model, and/or some of the franchises would make useful bargaining chips to potentially get full rights to all the remaining Marvel assets and other properties Disney may want to acquire.

The only Star Wars rights I can see them caring about is the distribution rights to episode 4 which Fox has forever, the distribution rights for episodes 1-3, 5, and 6 Fox loses in May 2020 and Disney gets for basically nothing, so no reason to lose something in order to get them a bit early unless Fox insists on including them in a deal or something
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-30-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The only Star Wars rights I can see them caring about is the distribution rights to episode 4 which Fox has forever, the distribution rights for episodes 1-3, 5, and 6 Fox loses in May 2020 and Disney gets for basically nothing, so no reason to lose something in order to get them a bit early unless Fox insists on including them in a deal or something
    I'm sure Disney would love the rights as soon as possible. However, you're right they're probably more after Episode 4 rights than the others and Disney wouldn't go solely after the Star Wars rights. They would only seek them as part of a larger deal as you suggest.

The thing with the Fox Marvel IPs is that they already come with a built in marketing machine simply by being Marvel comics, media, and collectibles. Disney's marketing machine is already second to none, but we've seen what happens when it works in conjunction with Marvel's machine (which Disney already owns), and that is pure, straight up $$$ for the likes of the Avengers. It's almost a bargain considering how much marketing and ad campaigns cost these days, but Marvel's already done most of the work for them, and would happily do more.

BANNED

Avengers 4 = Captain Marvel and Silver Surfer Punching Thanos in the Face as Reed Richards and the Four return from the Micro Verse.

The last media mogul stuns his industry with talk of selling: In signalling that he may sell some of 21st Century Fox, is Murdoch rolling over or regrouping?

Article confirms that Disney is looking to buy most of the assets involved in the sale. Specifically Star Wars: Episode IV distribution rights, X-Men/Fantastic Four characters and rights, the 30% Hulu stake, several studios and lots, and a provision in place to not sell other remaining Star Wars IPs/rights.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-04-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

This buyout looks like it's pretty close to being confirmed. WOW.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    And so the interesting X-Men film experimentation dies, seriously, how anyone can celebrate making this stuff even more ruthlessly **** is beyond me. Never mind the fact it's one step closer to a Disney monopoly of the film industry, you guys do know monopolies are bad, right?
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    This buyout looks like it's pretty close to being confirmed. WOW.
    I wouldn't say that all we have as of now is roomers nothing official if it happens it's not going to be a good thing for the X-Men or MCU fans maybe the FF fans but others not so much wen the novelty weres off that is Mark my words.
    Last edited by choptop; 12-05-2017 at 12:16 AM.

Dunno or care about profits. I also find it kinda weird that some are so on the ball about the money these studios and what not are gonna make. Why? I don't get it unless you work for them. Lol. Anyway, I hope X#men never goes to Marvel Studios. Happy to not have those wankers shoved in and like the Fox xm3n movies for the most part. Not interested in ss or ff either. Thise boring staples can barely support their own comic. Haha. And this from a big FF fan.