Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I really don't care much about X-Men or the FF getting an MCU movie...I want Kang, Galactus, the Badoon, Annihillus, the Negative Zone...

BANNED

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The BIG QUESTIONS.

- Just how much does Disney accept of the X-Men's film in canon ? Logan clearly won't fit the Marvel Universe vision so that movie is likely gonna be deemed an alternate universe deal. X-23 likely won't be used right now since the goal will be to get Hugh Jackman back.

- Once the deal is complete does Marvel get involved with X-Men and Deadpool 2 ? How much does Disney cross promote. Its clear they'd screw up a money making Deadpool franchise so it won't be touched that much. Just what type of Marvel cross-over branding will they do ? X-Men : Dark Phoenix is also near finishing as is New Mutants. So those films could see reshoot scenes to bridge them.

- Marvel will have Fantastic Four so this is a big deal for them. They now have the FF and related characters like Doctor Doom , Galactus and Silver Surfer. So they can now use them.

- Does Marvel contact Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen or stay with the young Xavier and Magneto in the new X-Men in the Marvel Universe ?

- And before people say ,well what makes you think they'd use this X-Men. Movies are in place and they have a history built with them . There is millions of dollars as franchise they can just step into and guide with other properties. It would be stupid to relaunch these properties . Because Deadpool , Logan etc ...showed there is an audience who likes those films. Plus you can save time and just push them into your next phase of films.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The BIG QUESTIONS.

- Just how much does Disney accept of the X-Men's film in canon ? Logan clearly won't fit the Marvel Universe vision so that movie is likely gonna be deemed an alternate universe deal. X-23 likely won't be used right now since the goal will be to get Hugh Jackman back.

- Once the deal is complete does Marvel get involved with X-Men and Deadpool 2 ? How much does Disney cross promote. Its clear they'd screw up a money making Deadpool franchise so it won't be touched that much. Just what type of Marvel cross-over branding will they do ? X-Men : Dark Phoenix is also near finishing as is New Mutants. So those films could see reshoot scenes to bridge them.

- Marvel will have Fantastic Four so this is a big deal for them. They now have the FF and related characters like Doctor Doom , Galactus and Silver Surfer. So they can now use them.

- Does Marvel contact Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen or stay with the young Xavier and Magneto in the new X-Men in the Marvel Universe ?

- And before people say ,well what makes you think they'd use this X-Men. Movies are in place and they have a history built with them . There is millions of dollars as franchise they can just step into and guide with other properties. It would be stupid to relaunch these properties . Because Deadpool , Logan etc ...showed there is an audience who likes those films. Plus you can save time and just push them into your next phase of films.
    Errr... What? You seem to have pretty weird ideas about how any of this could possibly work. Unless they just keep things as they are now, they're gonna reboot everything. Logan being an alternate universe? It's already on another universe that it's not the MCU, aka the same one all of the other X-Movies are set in. They're absolutely NOT gonna bring back Patrick and Ian, where did you even get that idea from?
    Last edited by Wiccan; 12-05-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Incredible Member

X-Men they can reboot and give us a whole new cast, I do t think they’d touch wolverine in the first movie. At most hint about him, Hugh Jackman and Wolverine are so tied together right now I can’t see them introducing us to a new olverine right away. This though gives us the opportunity to focus more on the original 5 if they go that right or more X-Men who aren’t Logan. Deadpool can stay in it’s own corner of the MCU and can make an in movie joke about the buyout and out he got plucked into the MCU they won’t touch Deadpool or we just won’t get a third movie (which would be foolish).

I don’t want another FF origin movie like Spidey I’d rather them just jump into it, Just a simple explanation of where they have been or a quick line about how they just got their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The BIG QUESTIONS.

I would imagine they would do the same thing as they did with Spider-Man man and accept none of the previous stuff as canon.

X-men continuity is too confusing to use anyways.

I don't really have anything against the young actors currently playing the X-Men. I'd be okay if the MCU rebooted the franchise but kept them around (then again, the Marvel Studios isn't known for such things, always preferring to recast to keep an open playground. The only one who they seemed to really get back was Lou Ferrigno, and even then those were only voice roles).

I'd bet good money that they'd recast Wolverine, though. It's not so much that Jackman's version died (because that can always be ignored) but, again, because Marvel Studios tends to do its own thing and discarding virtually any connections to pre- or non-MCU canon. Though whoever takes up the role would have some awfully big shoes to fill. And, of course, if Marvel Studios decides to use Jackman instead, the vast majority of us would rejoice in unison, no matter who's right or wrong.

Lastly, if Marvel Studios has Michael Giacchino do the 90s X-Men theme the same way he did the 60s Spidey theme, that alone would be worth the price of admission for me.
    Last edited by Cyke; 12-05-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I don't really have anything against the young actors currently playing the X-Men. I'd be okay if the MCU rebooted the franchise but kept them around (then again, the Marvel Studios isn't known for such things, always preferring to recast to keep an open playground. The only one who they seemed to really get back was Lou Ferrigno, and even then those were only voice roles).

I'd bet good money that they'd recast Wolverine, though. It's not so much that Jackman's version died (because that can always be ignored) but, again, because Marvel Studios tends to do its own thing and discarding virtually any connections to pre- or non-MCU canon. Though whoever takes up the role would have some awfully big shoes to fill. And, of course, if Marvel Studios decides to use Jackman instead, the vast majority of us would rejoice in unison, no matter who's right or wrong.

Lastly, if Marvel Studios has Michael Giacchino do the 90s X-Men theme the same way he did the 60s Spidey theme, that alone would be worth the price of admission for me.
    I would honestly be pretty happy if they kept the cast, but I don't think that would be really possible. If there's a reboot, they won't want to make things even more confusing by having them look the same even if it's a completely different thing. And, you know, should they really just keep everyone? For example, I would LOVE to still have Sophie and Tye, but I want Storm recast. It just feels like it would end up on a much more messy situation then if they just did everything from scratch.

I'm of two-minds regarding this:

A) on the one hand, I am ecstatic at the thought of X-Men and Fantastic Four going back Marvel. The thought of certain moments not being in either Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 makes me sad. Even if you did not establish the collection of the cosmic heavyweights like Epoch, the Celestials, Epoch, etc...the concept a Thanos vs. Galactus face-off after a huge build up in the F4 movies happening in Infinity War? That concept alone would blow my mind and I know it most likely will not be in either movies. If the Disney purchase of Fox goes through, then I am floored at the idea of a united Marvel Cinematic Universe.

B) I have not liked a lot of choices that Fox has made with the X-Men, but they did get quite a few things right. The idea of large studio being completely gone is kind of depressing.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I don't like it.

We got the current MCU because Marvel studios couldn't use the X-men, so they were forced to use their B-list off brand, the Avengers, starting with a nobody named Iron Man. Thanks to a lot of innovation and creativity, they turned those bad Joke also rans into the biggest Superhero property ever, and a license to print money. They also did this with an emphasis on humor and a certain whimsical "yeah, we're in a superhero universe, pretty cool, right?" cheekiness that really connected with audiences. Characters that would have choked under the endless promotion the X-men would have received, were given a chance to thrive and prove their worth. It was a win/win.

With the way the brand is sold now, the X-men have no place in the MCU. They're too downer, too self-important, too..uh, X-men to blend in. Having them around would ruin everything.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

If Ant-Man is introducing the Multi-verse, This solves all of you guys problems. Those Old X-men timelines still occurred, just in another reality.

Why make this harder than it needs to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I would honestly be pretty happy if they kept the cast, but I don't think that would be really possible. If there's a reboot, they won't want to make things even more confusing by having them look the same even if it's a completely different thing. And, you know, should they really just keep everyone? For example, I would LOVE to still have Sophie and Tye, but I want Storm recast. It just feels like it would end up on a much more messy situation then if they just did everything from scratch.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I said it twice in my post that Marvel Studios was going to recast the X-Men. I'd like them to keep the cast sure, but I also said they're likely not going to be kept around. Even the mighty Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I don't like it.

We got the current MCU because Marvel studios couldn't use the X-men, so they were forced to use their B-list off brand, the Avengers, starting with a nobody named Iron Man. Thanks to a lot of innovation and creativity, they turned those bad Joke also rans into the biggest Superhero property ever, and a license to print money. They also did this with an emphasis on humor and a certain whimsical "yeah, we're in a superhero universe, pretty cool, right?" cheekiness that really connected with audiences. Characters that would have choked under the endless promotion the X-men would have received, were given a chance to thrive and prove their worth. It was a win/win.

With the way the brand is sold now, the X-men have no place in the MCU. They're too downer, too self-important, too..uh, X-men to blend in. Having them around would ruin everything.
    If an X-Men movie was done in the vein of something like the Winter Soldier, which both kept a grounded tone and serious theme, amazing action sequences, but also embraced the extraordinary...would that kind of an X-Men movie work for you?
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The Fantastic Four could always pop up from the MicroVerese or something like that (or even the Negative Zone!) and explain their absence. The mutants could either be rebooted or folded in via Gauntlet shenanigans. I'm for a couple X-Men being folded in via universe shenanigans (like Deadpool, X-23, a couple others) and rebooting the main core.

I read and watched an interview in 2011 that the dream for bringing the F4 back to the MCU was to have a movie in which they appear after being gone since the 70s at the height of their fame and explain they were tracking down Kang only to end up in the current timeline. Kang has been working to erase them from existence. The plan was to have several appearances of them before we get a origin movie set in the 60s with Surfer and Galactus a part of their MCU origin. Their MCU powers tied into the 4 elements of the Power Cosmic. That would be an interesting twist.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Spectacular Member

Fan4 suck keep them dead, Surfer seems interesting while characters like Rogue, Magneto, Storm, Deadpool have a big fan following, Logan and x-23 are potential gold mines. I hope Fox resist the buy out because competition is good for the industry.