All-New Member

Default Nightmares with Hellboy

Hi,

Sharing here our ordeal with my nephew who has autism. He loves comics so much, but when he goes to sleep, the characters just scare him to death, especially Hellboy! We tried weaning him from reading comics but he gets distressed and doesn't stop crying. It's weird but sad.

Maybe try having him read Itty Bitty Hellboy instead? He'd still be reading Hellboy, but in a more kid-friendly format.

While nothing in Hellboy has ever given me nightmares, any time I'm reading Seed of Destruction before bed, I always have weird dreams.

All-New Member

Well, thank god he's not the only one having nightmares from reading too much comics. My nephew's mom is worried that it might worsen his tantrums and we have researched about bringing him to individual counseling, as we read here https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/co...-talk-therapy/ that this type of therapy can help deal with psychological trauma.

I'll definitely buy Itty Bitty Hellboy for him, although I still will have to research on that. I love my nephew and would do anything to make him happy - and less stressed. Thanks for the great suggestion.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    Maybe try having him read Itty Bitty Hellboy instead? He'd still be reading Hellboy, but in a more kid-friendly format.

While nothing in Hellboy has ever given me nightmares, any time I'm reading Seed of Destruction before bed, I always have weird dreams.
    That will be a great alternative and the comics have a lot of series too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArctivAttic View Post
    That will be a great alternative and the comics have a lot of series too.
    I'd probably try to get him to read more kid-friendly titles before bed, that way he is still happy to be reading comics but maybe they will be less scary. Tiny Titans is also by Baltazar and should be fun.

Today I remembered this topic... I had a really REALLY scary nightmare about BPRD. In the dream I was trapped in a store looking that giantic oceanic monster that appears on the beginning of The Reign Of Black Flame, coming closer and closer on the horizon. Some airplanes tried to shoot him down and they couldn't, the monster destroyed all of them... the monster was massive and every step he did made all the ground shake.
    I think I need to read more friendly tales too haha