Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The new Morph should be safe too. He's in Generation X.
    i still think the New X-men are in a better spot then the x-men bendis made

Well, i'm incredibly happy that Invincible Iron Man will be getting a new writer, though it will probably be a decent bit until it gets back on track, but on the other hand now i'm just thinking "Great, which DC book will I have to drop". I highly doubt DC will cut short King's time on Batman, especially given recent developments, but I can definitely see him taking over Superman or Action Comics.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I'm kinda surprised he moved to DC, especially because Geoff Johns is still there, and he is one of the big names there, as their working relationship was awful back when Johns was working in Marvel.
    Says who?

Schermata 2017-11-07 alle 18.09.23.jpg

BANNED

Although I'm not unhappy about Bendis departing, this is still a colossal loss for Marvel. How many A-list writers do they have now? Waid + Aaron? Surely heads will have to roll over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm pretty sure Miles is safe. Even without Bendis the company seems to have a lot invested in the character. He's in cartoons, toys, Lego sets, he's about to be in that new video game and an animated movie too.

It's the characters like Ironheart who are more of a question mark right now, or any of the X-Men he created. I imagine Riri will join one of the Avengers books or maybe whatever teenage superhero book is going to come from Legacy.
    Miles is safe for the moment, as long as Marvel give him a writer who can sell. He's got a pretty devoted fanbase, but Bendis is a big name to lose. If they cock up his solo title, then he'll probably be relegated to Avengers/Champions, which would be a damn shame for a character with such a strong supporting cast.

So a lot of dramatic unnecessary deaths over in the DC universe accompanied by a lot of undramatic unnecessary prattle.

And we won't get Civil War III. Hooray. This is big win for both companies. DC gets a creative shot in the arm and Marvel loses a guy who has been in a rut for years.

Quote Originally Posted by SignorMiracolo View Post
    Did Johns ever say he had a problem with Bendis when he was at Marvel? I always thought his beef was that the editors forced him to use Bendis' decompressed style of storytelling, which he hated, rather than any actual dislike of Bendis himself. You can really see it with his Red Zone arc of Avengers. It still holds up, but man, there are some parts where you can tell Johns was blatantly using padding just to extend the arc to trade length.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bendis-speak in my DC Comics? EFF DAT!

Marvel already lost Hickman, Remender and King. Waid's gonna leave next.

Nick Spencer's getting promoted. lol
    To be fair, a lot of those went off to leverage their own Marvel fame into creator owned works. Bendis leaving specifically for DC is the big news here. That being said, I think Marvel can turn this into a win if they hire the right people.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, Johns's problem was not with Bendis, or with Tom Brevoort (his editor on Avengers). It was the upper management of Marvel, particularly Bill Jemas's policies of trying to make everyone adopt the style of the Ultimate line (mixed-case lettering, "cinematic" storytelling, 6-issue arcs).

Bendis seems to be a very well-liked guy, personally, and I don't think he imposes his style on other Marvel writers. For example he brought Ed Brubaker over to Marvel, but Brubaker's style is very different from Bendis's.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Hate Bendis all you want, this is a big loss for Marvel.
    Yes, it is but maybe it's a case of diminishing returns. His peak years are past him at Marvel. Going over to DC might help him creatively, unless he starts to bump heads with anyone in editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I honestly think losing Aaron to DC would be a bigger loss in 2017. I'm sad to see him leave Spider-Man but glad to see him off iron man.

I just hope he's not taking any of his regular artists with him.
    That's one thing that IMO Marvel can't afford. I think their roster of artists isn't as strong as it was before Alonso. Also, some of their better talent was shifted from superhero titles to Star Wars titles. The ones that I tend to like really can't do a monthly, unless they have a good head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Talk about the face heel turn of the decade, Bendis defects to DC on an exclusive multi-year contract!

Bendis seemed untouchable at Marvel, he could write whatever he wanted, even when it didn't match continuity, that's a pretty sweat deal. How bad must things be at Marvel if he's now suddenly abandoning ship?
    It does make you wonder. JR jr ripped Axel Alonso a while back for a remark Alonso made about artists.
    I wonder if their are management issues. A lot of writers like working with Tom Brevoort but it's Alonso that runs the show in editorial I think.

BANNED

Here is Marvel's press statement on Bendis' departure. They were aware Bendis would not be signing a new contract after his 2015 deal expired, but they declined to comment on the fate of his current ongoings, his creator-owned work or the previously announced Punisher series.

https://www.newsarama.com/37245-marv...eforehand.html
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-07-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Hurray!!! I hope DC love seeing all their favourite characters getting reinvented.

Well, thats a shock! Bit mixed feelings around this. On the one hand, I enjoyed a few of his books (All-New X-Men, for example) on the other hand... CWII was a horrific mess...

I do not really see why people are saying 'Oh, must be really bad at Marvel!' I mean, his been working for them for almost two decades. I do not blame him for wanting to do something different, and it seems like DC are giving him that chance.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I am in shock like everyone else and am worried about RiRi and Miles. I hope that those characters carry on with skilled writers and don't get either forgotten or handed over to old school types that are diligently supervising the slow death of an industry. Bendis represents a lot of the future of comic books, at least superhero ones, and may be tired of constantly fighting the past of comics. Maybe DC will use him to jump start their desire to gain new audiences. I will certainly read whatever he is writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I am in shock like everyone else and am worried about RiRi and Miles. I hope that those characters carry on with skilled writers and don't get either forgotten or handed over to old school types that are diligently supervising the slow death of an industry. Bendis represents a lot of the future of comic books, at least superhero ones, and may be tired of constantly fighting the past of comics. Maybe DC will use him to jump start their desire to gain new audiences. I will certainly read whatever he is writing.
    I'm not worried about Miles. I think that of all legacy characters, he and Kamala made a place for themselves. Riri though...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, it is but maybe it's a case of diminishing returns. His peak years are past him at Marvel.
    That's the thing. He's still doing quality work but there's nothing big left for Marvel to offer him. He's already had runs on Avengers, X-Men, and Spider-Man, among others - what else can he do there that isn't just re-treading old ground? Time to move on and tackle new challenges.

As many have said, this is a win for both companies. I'm excited for what lies ahead for both DC and Marvel. It's been a long time since there's been a genuine sense of unpredictability in the industry.